Gervinho

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barton and Nolan both love the club, the former is openly pissed off with the owners, the latter probably not good enough to start as much as he wants. Both could go, both could be replaced but id worry about disruption of the team spirit. If they both do truely love the club then they will stay and remain committed to the NUFC cause.

Fwiw I dont think they will leave.

Enrique on the other hand looks likely, i was holding out hope he would stay and sign this "fantastic" contract but im not so hopeful now.

Likely departures in my opinion are...Enrique 8-10mil, Smith FREE, Ranger 1mil and Lovenkrands 1mil. Im hoping a CC team will take Perch off our hands too.

Of those 5 the only 1 that will weaken our 1st team is Enrique, the other only weaken the squad in numbers.

Edited by Deano

Barton and Nolan both love the club, the former is openly pissed off with the owners, the latter probably not good enough to start as much as he wants. Both could go, both could be replaced but id worry about disruption of the team spirit. If they both do truely love the club then they will stay and remain committed to the NUFC cause.

Enrique on the other hand looks likely, i was holding out hope he would stay and sign this "fantastic" contract but im not so hopeful now.

Likely departures in my opinion are...Enrique 8-10mil, Smith FREE, Ranger 1mil and Lovenkrands 1mil. Im hoping a CC team will take Perch off our hands too.

Of those 5 the only 1 that will weaken our 1st team is Enrique, the other only weaken the squad in numbers.

I think "Love the club" is a bit strong like, I think they'll be stuck in the same(ish) predicament Carroll was, were they're stuck in limbo not knowing where they stand with the club after serving us brilliantly for the past couple year, and they'll realise they will need to move if they are to carry on playing football and to match thier ambitions

Wishful thinking mate. Something footballers say and fans want to believe.

I think "Love the club" is a bit strong like, I think they'll be stuck in the same(ish) predicament Carroll was, were they're stuck in limbo not knowing where they stand with the club after serving us brilliantly for the past couple year, and they'll realise they will need to move if they are to carry on playing football and to match thier ambitions

Love probably is a bit strong like.

The thing is both have waxed lyrical about the club and the area especially Nolan. He doesnt seem the kinda guy to bullshit neither. Maybe they will feel pressured by the board in the same was as Carroll did but the same was as that my opinion is the same. Do they deserve the contract they are wanting?

Carroll had just signed a new deal and stamped his feel and the club too the correct stance by refusing it. Its a matter of principle and giving in to player power would set a precedant.

Nolan and Barton are in a similar situation...both want new deals but deals which arent justified.

Personally i would not offer an extension to Nolan...his current deal takes him to 31 and is already looking leggy but still a decent option. Barton should be offered a one year extention giving him the same legnth of contract as Nolan. Both want more than what is best for the club really....which is why i said if they do truely "feel for the club" they should do what is right.

Edited by Deano

Love probably is a bit strong like.

The thing is both have waxed lyrical about the club and the area especially Nolan. He doesnt seem the kinda guy to bullshit neither. Maybe they will feel pressured by the board in the same was as Carroll did but the same was as that my opinion is the same. Do they deserve the contract they are wanting?

Carroll had just signed a new deal and stamped his feel and the club too the correct stance by refusing it. Its a matter of principle and giving in to player power would set a precedant.

Nolan and Barton are in a similar situation...both want new deals but deals which arent justified.

Personally i would not offer an extension to Nolan...his current deal takes him to 31 and is already looking leggy but still a decent option. Barton should be offered a one year extention giving him the same legnth of contract as Nolan. Both want more than what is best for the club really....which is why i said if they do truely "feel for the club" they should do what is right.

I do think Nolan really likes the club, the fans, the place, but when the sounds are being made when his massive contribution to the team have been for nowt, and are in total limbo then do you really expect them to wat to stay, when they still have a good few years of football in them?

IMO opinion they warrant a contract and both are justified, not only for their offering on and off the pitch, but when we don;t offer 2 of our best players contracts they deserve, other players who are here or maybe come here will feel as though the board are only looking at them as mercenaries who only serve the club for when they see fit

Tiote had only been here a few month and he got a new contract, so i think it wasn't down to player power, just Ashley seen the £35 million more than he seen the potential in building a team around Carroll

Okay, can any Froggies (or speakers of Frog) understand what this says? It's from Le Figaro.

Inévitablement, durant plus de deux mois, il y aura des feuilletons, des bras de fer, voire des clashes. Avant d'acheter, la conjoncture économique impose aux clubs de vendre mais la braderie n'est pas ouverte pour autant. Gervinho (Newcastle ?), qui pourrait aussi rester, ne quittera pas Lille à moins de 15 millions d'euros, et il faudra dépenser au moins 12 millions d'euros pour recruter Kévin Gameiro (PSG, Valence, Villarreal). L'enveloppe que fourniront les actionnaires qataris au club de la capitale jouera beaucoup sur un marché annoncé calme. Paris dispute par exemple Dimitri Payet à Lille et Alou Diarra à Marseille. Le club phocéen, qui va perdre Lucho (Malaga ?), vise un latéral gauche (Trémoulinas, Morel), un défenseur central (Mangane) et un attaquant (Gilardino). Ça va bouger aussi à Lyon, qui cherche avant tout à dégraisser (Bastos, Cissokho, Toulalan). Quid également du Sochalien Marvin Martin, la nouvelle coqueluche du football français (Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Saint-Etienne) dans un club qui a perdu son entraîneur (Gillot).

Inevitably, over two months, there will be soap operas, wrestling and even clashes. Before you buy, the economy requires clubs to sell but the sell is not open either. Gervinho (Newcastle?), which could also stay, not leave Lille at least 15 million euros, and it will spend at least 12 million euros to recruit Kevin Gameiro (PSG, Valencia, Villarreal). The envelope that will provide shareholders the Qatari capital club will play a lot on a quiet market announced. Paris Dimitri Payet such dispute in Lille and Alou Diarra in Marseille. The club Marseille, who will lose Lucho (Malaga?), is a left side (Trémoulinas, Morel), a central defender (Mangane) and a striker (Gilardino). It will also move to Lyon, which seeks above all to grease (Bastos, Cissokho, Toulalan). Quid also Sochaux Marvin Martin, the new darling of French football (Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Saint-Etienne) in a club that lost its coach (Gillot).

Inevitably, over two months, there will be soap operas, wrestling and even clashes. Before you buy, the economy requires clubs to sell but the sell is not open either. Gervinho (Newcastle?), which could also stay, not leave Lille at least 15 million euros, and it will spend at least 12 million euros to recruit Kevin Gameiro (PSG, Valencia, Villarreal). The envelope that will provide shareholders the Qatari capital club will play a lot on a quiet market announced. Paris Dimitri Payet such dispute in Lille and Alou Diarra in Marseille. The club Marseille, who will lose Lucho (Malaga?), is a left side (Trémoulinas, Morel), a central defender (Mangane) and a striker (Gilardino). It will also move to Lyon, which seeks above all to grease (Bastos, Cissokho, Toulalan). Quid also Sochaux Marvin Martin, the new darling of French football (Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Saint-Etienne) in a club that lost its coach (Gillot).

Your Signature makes me realise I am not alone. Thank you

Ich danke ihnen

I so hope we get this lad........we need to start picking up some strikers.

All the rumours say Arsenal but until it's confirmed - you never know.

Hes not a striker

Played as a striker last season no?

Plays out wide too.

Tbh i think he's waiting on solid interest from other more ambitious clubs than us, that's why there is constant speculation and no movement

The interest (apart from us is all speculation) and i think he's waiting on a bigger club to show interest like our's and if none show it i think he'll settle for us

but even if we sign him we still need two strikers

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

Dunno why you wouldnt class him as a striker at all. He can certainly be the pacy player in a big/fast partnership in a 442. Maybe not the most prolific but he will run in behind with lightning pace. What I saw of him in Lille he mainly played offensively on the right in a 433, but he switched places with Sow, the main striker alot. He is no Jonas who will stay out on the wing the whole game and track back (he might do this if asked but its not been his job at Lille alot of the time).

Dunno why you wouldnt class him as a striker at all. He can certainly be the pacy player in a big/fast partnership in a 442. Maybe not the most prolific but he will run in behind with lightning pace. What I saw of him in Lille he mainly played offensively on the right in a 433, but he switched places with Sow, the main striker alot. He is no Jonas who will stay out on the wing the whole game and track back (he might do this if asked but its not been his job at Lille alot of the time).

25 goals in 54 games for Lille isn't the worst strike rate :lol:

No thats very good. My point was that his main attributes are pace and power, but that doesnt mean he isnt a striker. Just because he isnt the sort of player like, say Berbatov who doesnt have a ton of mobility.