Newcastle v Bolton

Guest LeazesLad

Guest LeazesLad

Can't come quickly enough for me like. 3 weeks with no home games is too long, I can't imagine what it must be like for people who don't go, but we've had a good rest, no one can grumble and let's hope it's done them good.

First game since Arsenal too, but I won't get the piss taken out me too much because half my row fucked off before me even.

Anyway 2-1 win to the toon, dangerous old game this, one the fans probably all think we'll win, but we don't do well against this type of team. Blackburn and Stoke are similar and we lost at home to both, Bolton play a bit more football under Coyle but not much and they did do us 5-1 under Hughton.

I'll take a narrow win right now, then 38 points, blue dippers at home next week that would be 41, happy days :lol:.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have the ability to overcome them. Coyle might them have playing a bit of football, but they're only 2 pts ahead of us after all. Media wanking over their "great season", but Bolton are not more than a decent mid-table outfit as far as I am concerned.

I think on the back of recent good performances we will win strong on saturday. 2-0 :lol:

Like i said before, this is where we can up the anti and push for europe or settle for a mid-table finish.

I think our best chance of keeping Enrique and Tiote is if we finish in a europa spot.

It starts here.

Pardew's take on it's importance

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has yet to give up hope of qualifying for Europe this season.

The 2009/10 Championship winners sit ninth in the Premier League, but are just four points adrift of Liverpool, who occupy sixth, after winning at Birmingham last week.

It was thought that the solitary aim this season was for Newcastle to avoid relegation, but, with 35 points already secured, Pardew thinks that Saturday's match against eighth-placed Bolton at St James' Park is a vital catalyst.

The former Southampton boss succeeded Chris Hughton in December and, rather than seeing the season fizzle out, he wants to progress with an ambitious assault on the Europa League positions.

"The game is pivotal," Pardew told the Newcastle Journal ahead of hosting Bolton, when his side will aim to improve a measly total of just four Tyneside wins this season before welcoming Everton at the start of March.

Pivotal

"It is pivotal because we won an away game which gave us five away wins, but now we need to improve our home form. We've got games now where we have the opportunity to do that.

"(Bolton) is a big, big game even though many will view it is as a game between two mid-table sides. But they will be in the same mood as us.

"This game is pivotal in terms of attacking the top ten. If we win this we can attack the top ten. If we don't win this game then we've lost a big opportunity and the opportunity might be Europe.

"We're on the verge of something exciting - these two games will decide whether we've got something to go for or we're going to have a season where we're just seeing things out. I don't want that to happen.

"This (Bolton) is to keep the season alive - and I think we need the help of the fans to do that."

Agree with a mate who says that it makes sense to try and drum up public interest in what , on the surface, is a fairly uninspiring match. We should aim for top ten given our current situation. However next season, we should look to look at top 7 as we're not too far from challenging for that European spot now.

either way, I don't think we'll win. :lol:

Cant wait for this as this is the match our lass got me the tickets for on Valentines day. Nice and comfy with the prawn brigade in the Platinum club. Theres even talk of Stowell street for lunch beforehand.

Really excited and think the rest will have done us good. Expecting a good old fashioned 3-1.

Bolton have lost their last 6 in the PL on the road, albeit to sides currently in the top half of the table....

Manchester City 1-0 Bolton Wanderers

Sunderland 1-0 Bolton Wanderers

Chelsea 1-0 Bolton Wanderers

Liverpool 2-1 Bolton Wanderers

Stoke City 2-0 Bolton Wanderers

Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Bolton Wanderers

....so, the question is, will their bad run keep going???

My heart says 2-1 to the lads, but then the cynical side of me, combined with the break interrupting our good run momentum, wouldn't be surprised if the trotters did a 'smash & grab' :lol: .

It's happened before......too many times!!! :lol:

Very confident about this game now.

Boltons away form is shite, our home form is indifferent but with the feel good factor back and a little bit of momentum build up, added with the fact they hammered us at their place im confident of a good win. If we get an early goal then a BIG win.

Tiote to score as well :o

3-0 Tiote, Nolan and Barton.

Guest LeazesLad

Looks like there'll only be 44s or 45s, disappointing for a Saturday especially as there's been nee game for 3 weeks.

Howay the toon - enjoy the game :o 6th last game before they murder our little corner.

Edited by LeazesLad

Given they were the hosts to arguably our worst performance this season i feel we need to take them to task and get revenge for what was quite frankly, an embarrassing match for all involved.

We are in good form and their away form is leaving a lot to be desired HOWEVER these things are made to be broken (see the brum match last week) so they are not to be taken lightly.

I see a 2 or 3-1 to the toon, potentially trailing at half time with Nolan and Best On the scoresheet, Lover maybe getting his 2nd against them

Given they were the hosts to arguably our worst performance this season i feel we need to take them to task and get revenge for what was quite frankly, an embarrassing match for all involved.

We are in good form and their away form is leaving a lot to be desired HOWEVER these things are made to be broken (see the brum match last week) so they are not to be taken lightly.

I see a 2 or 3-1 to the toon, potentially trailing at half time with Nolan and Best On the scoresheet, Lover maybe getting his 2nd against them

Marshy, what is that mad walk you're doing in your ava? That ball looks like it was never under control at any point.