Stoke 4 Newcastle 0

jamie_gordon

Get yasels oot on the lash and forget about the game ye miserable cunts, I know it fucks weekends up, but you just have to put it out your mind, after years of practise it's do-able.

Fair point, I'll be doing what I can to avoid NUFC for a few days.

Times like these I am for once thankful I don't live in the N-E. Every time I come up it's NUFC everywhere you go, which I love, don't get me wrong.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tecato, the most miserable gloomy fucker ever to grace this forum. Fuck off you miserable negative twat.

Wasnt a 0-4 all day but just a shame our forwards are utter dross. The difference today was finishing. They had the players that could do it, we didnt.

A bit hard to have a go at teenage Ferguson for possible being out of position in a 352 system. Should have played the ball to him a lot more as he clearly showed what he is capable of doing. Almost Maradonna like that "nearly" goal.

Be interesting to see who is fit in two weeks time. Would like to think Ireland will get a run out. Bottom line though is we have no strike force.

Like Stevie I would just like the season to be over.

Tecato, the most miserable gloomy fucker ever to grace this forum. Fuck off you miserable negative twat.

give_rose.gif

I'm just being realistic, man.

Alright will you give the fucking italics a rest for fucks sake.

I knew when Enrique went off that was it for us. Play Lovankrands against Stoke was nothing short of bloody stupid. A light weight player vrs the Rugby players in Stokes defence. As I said previously, this was a game for Kuqi, he is a bit of a lump up front but he would have matched Stokes defence.

As regards to this 5-3-2, It didnt work at Everton, how was it going to work against Stoke. The hint is in the pitch Pardew, its one of the smallest Premier Leagues pitch by choice!

Stoke are a horrible team and the sooner they get relegated, the better! Same with Blackburn!

Dunno why Pardew played Enrique. He only lasted 23mins so he obviously wasn't fully recovered. Why didn't he play Ferguson least then we would of had the option of another sub later. Pardew's tactics and formations worry me at times and really what do I know. As for playing Lovenkrands and Ameobi well I'd rather of seen Kuqi or Ranger and Airey starting. I reckon they would be better than the two he went with. And well no comment on Campbell he should only ever play as a last resort! Think Nolan is on 9 yellows now so hope he doesn't get booked next game.

how can Pardew put together even a half decent team when his best players are being sold against his wishes and he has to do the job with his hands tied behind his back ?

how can Pardew put together even a half decent team when his best players are being sold against his wishes and he has to do the job with his hands tied behind his back ?

Carroll was injured for most of those games man.

Because thats what he is paid for.....he should be leading by example and not dwelling on the past. Something you know all to well.

Because thats what he is paid for.....he should be leading by example and not dwelling on the past. Something you know all to well.

I never mentioned the past at all ? Where have I mentioned the past in that post ? FACT, is that no manager can succeed without quality on the pitch.

By the way, I'm not talking about anything Pardew has said , or anything tactical that he has or hasn't done, because either is irrelevant. If the quality isn't there, then you are fighting a battle you can't win. Is that difficult to comprehend or something ?

This is the best season we will have under Mike Ashley, and it might not end too well either. Enrique is going in the summer, then only Tiote and Barton will be left of the 4 best players we started this season with. After that, its only a matter of time before the other 2 go, and Barton will make no secret of the fact that he thinks the club is in decline and cite it as the reason why, unless he is gagged.

I know, but I'm talking about how difficult the job is for him.

He knew what he was getting into in becoming Ashley's lapdog.

true, but somebody would have taken it, eventually.

Guest Your Name Here

That very much depends on what his job is. Building a successful PL team under FMA’s ownership is undoubtedly a very tough task. Talking shit and dodging relegation for a few seasons isn't.

No we arent. Not yet. We can still pull away a little.

All it takes as a win and a couple of results to go our way.

I will...remain positive :icon_lol:

<_<

Mate we will be fine...do you honestly think we will get relegated with some of the shit below us? No chance.

We have however made it hard for ourselves but we are Newcastle after all. :)

Whether I think we'll be relegated or not is irrelevant - it wasn't the point being made. The point is that we're most definitely in a relegation scrap (whether we escape from it or not) but you're refusing to accept that?

I admire your optimism, but there's 24 points still up for grabs and we're only 4 clear of a relegation space. We're undeniably in amongst it.

Amen brother, would like to think we will pick up the necessary points but in this bizarre season - who knows? Only time (and results) will tell...Howay the lads!

true, but somebody would have taken it, eventually.

I agree it would be difficult, but is managing any of the teams below us any more difficult? Selling Carroll without an immediate replacement was fucking stupid and could be one of the things that get us relegated. I'd also question the team fight and spirit that seems to be eroding that was our main feature. That I'd put down to Pardew.

The Negativity is catching:

Pards admits relegation scrap

Boss admits side are in for a survival battle after 4-0 defeat

Alan Pardew admits Newcastle are in a relegation battle after his side gifted Stoke a 4-0 win at the Britannia.

The Potters went in at the break one goal to the good after Jon Walters headed home on 28 minutes from a Jermaine Pennant cross.

But the Magpies self destructed a minute after the restart as Stoke capitalised on defensive errors to notch the crucial second goal, with Pennant tapping in.

The visitors' day then got worse three minutes later as Danny Higginbotham hit a piledriver from a disputed free-kick, before substitute Ricardo Fuller completed the rout in injury time.

Newcastle have taken just one point from their last three games and are now just four points off the relegation zone.

Pardew told Sky Sports: "We gifted the game really in terms of our defending.

"The start of the second half we put the ball at risk and got punished twice quickly and from that point it was going to be always a mountain to climb.

"But the first half, you have to say, it was very disappointing to be coming down one-nil because we deserved something in that first half and we controlled the game quite well."

Pardew did not feel the free-kick awarded for the third goal had been a foul but he did not want to offer excuses for the defeat.

"There were times today for us, we weren't as good as we should have been and that's what we'll reflect on and make sure that the next game, we'll be a whole lot better," he said.

"I didn't think (the free-kick) was a foul. There were a lot of little decisions today that I thought the referee got wrong.

Sloppy

"But that isn't an excuse, that was a fact. But for us we were sloppy today at times and it cost us."

The Newcastle boss added his club were in a relegation battle.

"We know that after the results today and everything else that we're in for a battle as well and we've got to make sure that we're big enough and bold enough to stand up to it," he said.

"We did some good things today but unfortunately for us, it wasn't good enough and the next game we have to be - and it's a home game against Wolves - and it's a big, big game now."

"Out on the Toon! Pardew probes stars' nightclub hi-jinx"

Best and Ireland appearing right cockends Friday night .

article-0-0B3FE7CD00000578-853_470x288.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ub-hi-jinx.html

Hardly criminal I know but y would have thought that under the circumstances a lower profile was called for rather than mincing about like this. Facebook bollocks ffs.

Cliched but this kinda crap 'sends out the wrong message' . Canny irksome in my opinion. I'm not liking anything about this Ireland like. Dopey little blinging crock.