Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really??? Or is that tongue in cheek? That has to be tongue in cheek right? We could be top of the league at Christmas and I'd still think he was a buffoon.

He'll always be a buffoon but that doesn't mean he won't have grown on you :)

Where has the view that Pardew and Carr are at war come from?

It was paper talk as a reason for Kinnear's appointment, I don't think there was ever anything more concrete than that.

3 things.

1. Stop the warring between Carr and Pardew.

Have more understanding of the football issues than Llambias.

Liase better with Ashley regarding football matters.

Possibly spot training issues that Llambias wouldn't and offer solutions.

None of that is tangible to the average Mag though. How the fuck are we going to know whats going on?

2. I want / wanted Pardew gone last November due to looming relegation. You suggested I was a drama queen but agreed he should go if we were still facing relegation in March.

Same view months apart ( or have you changed it)?

I never called for his head, and I certainly ddint say he should be sacked in March, although I did agree there were major problems with Pardew which still remain. He's average at best. But when you see Ashley's solution, most can see where the real problem is

3. I have issues with Ashley, his appointments and his running of the club but good things have also happened under his control and I would rather have him than Shepherd, Mort etc.

I asked you last week and you said "who cares?" . The buck stops with him, hes responsible for last season ultimately.

Time for people to get off his back and see what he achieves.

If he can consolidate the camp so that everyone's on the same page then great.

At least he'll be looking at things with football eyes rather than Llambias snake eyes.

Would you let Josef Fritzel look after your kids?

I think people would do well to understand that the man is not blessed with a gift for expressing himself well.

That does not mean his heart is not in the right place or that he will not do well in his role.

Would people prefer a snake salesman who spoke profoundly but did fuck all?

Seems he was liked by players during his time here.

I think people would do well to understand that the man is not blessed with a gift for expressing himself well.

That does not mean his heart is not in the right place or that he will not do well in his role.

Kinnear for England?

That does not mean that he will not do well in his role.

No.

His complete lack of experience in the role. His inability to communicate, his shortcomings when acting in a professional manner, his limited capacity to think before speaking, his proven track record of lying (or exaggerating to be kind). The fact he has not been involved in the game for 9 years now, outside of his short stint managing us. The fact he's never unearthed a player that's shown more ability than a cart horse. His stupidity, his aggression, his age, his health.......the combination of all those things (without thinking too deeply about other examples) mean he will not do well in the role.

Based on what exactly? Don't use Taylor as an example either.

He didn't do a good job at little Luton 10 years ago and suddenly he's the man to bring success to a team in the biggest league in the world.

Fuck off :lol:

What strikes me as strange is that when Kinnear was on the radio he was bragging about signing Perch (which he didn't) and Perch is first out the door...

What strikes me as strange is that when Kinnear was on the radio he was bragging about signing Perch (which he didn't) and Perch is first out the door...

What's the betting he claims a profit made which is down to him?

. . . ANNND . . he's off again :lol:

The offy must've opened early .

From .com

Another day, another uncontrolled outburst from JFK:

"Every top club in the land has got one (a director of football). We haven’t – that’s the difference. The manager can’t do everything.

"I’m probably the only football manager to be a director of football. I don’t know any other ex-managers who have (Dennis Wise? David Pleat? Kenny Dalglish?)

"I’ve been a manager for 35 years. I’ve been Manager of the Year. I’ve won every award there is in football as a player (excluding mere trinkets like a domestic league championship or any individual awards...)

"I think all those qualities put me head and shoulders above every other director of football.

"Some directors of football have never played the game - i’m lending my experience as a manager for all those years - 10 years at Wimbledon+, two years at Nottingham Forest#, two years winning promotion at Luton and, of course, almost two years at Newcastle*.

+ in reality, 7 years and 2 months

# in reality, 10 months

*in reality, 137 days

"I would still be there had it (the heart attack) not occurred.”

Based on what exactly? Don't use Taylor as an example either.

Whats wrong with Taylor :lol:

He's here to oversee whats going on and keep Ashley informed. People are getting a bit carried away because he's not very good at speaking in public. He did bring us Nolan and Over the wall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22961704