Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

I'm a fan of Ben Arfa, not sure if more for entertainment than our chances at winning games at this point but hey ho, but I love how 'hard working grafter' has somehow become a negative thing for a player to be :lol:

It's only negative if that's all they offer.

The world and his wife knows that Pardew does not have a clue when it comes to handling skilful, talented players. So his get out with HBA is to tell the football media that he does not work hard enough in tracking back. A number of fans are sweet or sour when it comes to HBA, but if he was treated the correct way the rewards could be immense.

Funny, people used to love our ponytailed no end product hard working spidey grafter ;)

Why do you suffix posts with smiley faces?

The world and his wife knows that Pardew does not have a clue when it comes to handling skilful, talented players. So his get out with HBA is to tell the football media that he does not work hard enough in tracking back. A number of fans are sweet or sour when it comes to HBA, but if he was treated the correct way the rewards could be immense.

Treated the correct way?

The club have allowed him to recover in Clairefontaine and several trips back to Tunisia throughout the season. He returned the favour by returning visibly overweight.

What do you want Pardew to do? Tell him he cant visit home and pass flyers saying "do not serve this man" to every kebab house in town?

I'd like it if Pardew played the attacking wide player as an attacking wide player, rather than a defensive player. But hey, that's just me.

I'd like it if he showed faith in the player rather than fielding him for brief periods at the ends of games that we're chasing. Then using his lack of impact as evidence he was right not to start him.

If Ben Arfa gets a season with a manager who makes his team play football, he'll blossom.

Why do you suffix posts with smiley faces?

Because then he can later say it was all a big joke if he gets pulled up on something later, like the Pardew for England thing.

... like he did in 11/12?

29 app, 6 goals, 6 assists. We weren't playing as I mean, but simply by having faith in Ben Arfa it provided more goals

I'd like it if Pardew played the attacking wide player as an attacking wide player, rather than a defensive player. But hey, that's just me.

I'd like it if he showed faith in the player rather than fielding him for brief periods at the ends of games that we're chasing. Then using his lack of impact as evidence he was right not to start him.

If Ben Arfa gets a season with a manager who makes his team play football, he'll blossom.

When's has he been played as a defensive player?

Do you mean when he's we've played 4-4-2? I think everyone, including Pardew understands Ben Arfa can't play in a 4-4-2, which is why he's limited to a sub.

If he turns up to pre-season fit and motivate I'm confident Pardew would build the team around him.

When's has he been played as a defensive player?

Do you mean when he's we've played 4-4-2? I think everyone, including Pardew understands Ben Arfa can't play in a 4-4-2, which is why he's limited to a sub.

If he turns up to pre-season fit and motivate I'm confident Pardew would build the team around him.

Bollocks Pardew will never build a team round him he doesnt want him at the club he was frozen out at the end of last season. Pardew said Ben Arfa was injured, Ben Arfa refuted that by saying he was fit and wanted to play.

Bollocks Pardew will never build a team round him he doesnt want him at the club he was frozen out at the end of last season. Pardew said Ben Arfa was injured, Ben Arfa refuted that by saying he was fit and wanted to play.

Fat people often live in denial

I don't think so. I see people on one side saying that the player has to shoulder some of the responsibility, and I see people on the other side saying that it's entirely down to the manager. One side recognises fault from both parties, one side won't fault the player for anything.

I recognise his faults but if you balance that against the abject mismanagement he suffered last season - latent to some obvious to others - it's Pardew that's found wanting and it's not a one off, it's a trend. Most of our players go backwards and this points me in the direction of the manager and his coaching staff (or lack of).

Hatem is a special case because he's a special talent - but it's hard to name players that have got better. If you were naming players that have stagnated or simply got worse then it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Look at how much worse Krul has performed under Woodman etc.

It's a pointless debate anyway - Hatem will be away because Pardew doesn't want him.

Gemmill the way I see it both are in the wrong the weight thing is Ben Arfa's fault. The lying about Ben Arfa being injured and blaming him for countless goals against us is Pardews fault. Apparently both manager and player have issues with each other I think it would be best for both to part company. To suggest that Pardew would build a team around Ben Arfa is crazy imho too many bridges have been burned between the two of them.

I recognise his faults but if you balance that against the abject mismanagement he suffered last season - latent to some obvious to others - it's Pardew that's found wanting and it's not a one off, it's a trend. Most of our players go backwards and this points me in the direction of the manager and his coaching staff (or lack of).

Hatem is a special case because he's a special talent - but it's hard to name players that have got better. If you were naming players that have stagnated or simply got worse then it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Look at how much worse Krul has performed under Woodman etc.

It's a pointless debate anyway - Hatem will be away because Pardew doesn't want him.

Players who have improved under Pardew?

Best, Williamson, Perch, Guthrie, Raylor

Pretty much all these fringe players were universally written off by most.

Pardew gets a lot of stick, but the fact is he's had a top integral player sold almost every season and left high and dry by Ashley.