Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

Entre Newcastle et Hatem Ben Arfa, c’est la guerre ! Et ce depuis que le Français a décliné la prolongation offerte par ses dirigeants. Il faut dire que le joueur sous contrat sous jusqu’en 2015 devait accepter une baisse de salaire, un cas de figure qui débouche rarement sur un accord. En conséquence, plutôt que de voir Ben Arfa partir gratuitement l’an prochain, Newcastle aurait décidé de tout faire, mais vraiment tout, pour dégoûter l’ancien Marseillais et le faire fuir. Le Parisien nous apprend en effet que Ben Arfa n’a même pas été convoqué pour le stage de préparation en Nouvelle-Zélande, ce qui implique qu’il restera avec l’entraîneur de l’équipe réserve ces prochains jours, sans disputer les matchs amicaux de l’équipe première.

Et ce n’est pas tout, après avoir refusé de rejoindre un club ukrainien cet été, Ben Arfa n’a pas non plus obtenu de numéro pour cette saison. Difficile de faire plus clair… Et si jamais cela ne suffisait pas, les Magpies ont décidé de lui infliger une amende de 2 000 euros. La raison ? Le joueur formé à l’OL serait revenu de vacances avec 1,5 kilo en trop, ce que Ben Arfa explique par une prise de masse musculaire. De leur côté, les dirigeants de Newcastle n’auraient pas souhaité commenter cet épisode auprès du quotidien francilien. C’est à se demander jusqu’où ira Newcastle pour chasser Ben Arfa qui, lui, continuerait de s’entraîner avec un état d’esprit irréprochable.

Sorry I cant translate the article above but according to The Mag it mentions he was offered an extended contract on less money and he hasn't been given a squad number. If anyone can translate it I'd be grateful cheers lads.

Sorry I cant translate the article above but according to The Mag it mentions he was offered an extended contract on less money and he hasn't been given a squad number. If anyone can translate it I'd be grateful cheers lads.

That's basically what it says, yep, and that we're doing everything in our power to get him sold now rather than let him leave on a free at the end of his current contract (not taking him to NZ, making him train with the reserves, fining him for being overweight - basically the stuff we knew already, all neatly summarised).

Sad part about this issue is that Hughton brought in Ben Arfa on loan then Pardew took the credit for signing him.

Obviously Padew is incapable of catering to, or controlling, a high ego talented player like Ben Arfa. A good manager would be able to get some use, in some way, from an impact player like Ben Arfa, and not make matters worse with his petulant actions.

Sad part about this issue is that Hughton brought in Ben Arfa on loan then Pardew took the credit for signing him.

Obviously Padew is incapable of catering to, or controlling, a high ego talented player like Ben Arfa. A good manager would be able to get some use, in some way, from an impact player like Ben Arfa, and not make matters worse with his petulant actions.

Rubbish man. Every manager he's worked with has had problems with him.

I'm not sure why people can't just assume that both sides have done wrong. It's not that people make Ben Arfa out to be an angel, they're aware he might not the be easiest to manage, but continue to blame the manager unequivocally for the situation that has arisen.

I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just "Ben Arfa doesn't track back". None of us are privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

In public, Pardew has said some things I disagree with. He's not played him when to my eyes he should have. In public, Ben Arfa had an unofficial press conference which helped his relationship with the fans and press but has to have gone down badly with the club. He's also appeared visibly unfit on several occasions. The latter is inexcusable, yet some people still blame the club for his physical shape. A professional athlete should be able to look after themselves without their club's input. The bare minimum I'd expect from any Premier League player (be it free agent, youth, reserve, bench warmer, trialist...) is for them to be in decent shape.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

CT, how many managers are you talking about?

I don't recall Hughton having any problems with him, he's one, but then maybe I'm wrong.

Pray set me straight why my comments are rubbish.

CT, how many managers are you talking about?

I don't recall Hughton having any problems with him, he's one, but then maybe I'm wrong.

Pray set me straight why my comments are rubbish.

" And that when you look at his past history, Ben Arfa and trouble have never been far from one another. At Lyon, he squabbled with team-mates Sébastien Squillaci and Karim Benzema. Then he had to make a public apology to Didier Deschamps after a training ground disagreement at Marseille.

Then came the ugly disagreement with Laurent Blanc at the European Championship two years ago."

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-cameron-hatem-ben-arfa-7441397

Just as a multi million pound business decision it's fucking crazy.

Lad might be a fat arsehole. But he's a 27 year old French international. Give him a number, get him fit and recoup what you can rather than engaging in petty vendetta.