Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

Could you imagine Pardew managing Liverpool this past year? Suarez would have been frozen out, Coutinho coming on for 20 minutes or so at the end, Aly Cissokho coming on for Sterling, They'd have conceded a shit load more goals, Lucas Leiva on the right wing. It's scary how much he's being left to fuck up players and our club because he's Ashleys yes man.

Completely depressing.

Cant wait for next season to end :lol:

I've written off all seasons up to and including 2020. Quite liberating really.

• 1 month later...

Struggle to understand how people can see him as entirely blameless in all of this, to be honest. Speaks volumes that it's only a Qatari club showing an interest in him. Aye, he's had some rough treatment, but that's come after the arm around the shoulder approach failed to get any consistency from him. He has the ability to make himself undroppable, but too often becomes a passenger.

It is a proper shame, like. Love him to bits. Easily one of the most talented players I've ever seen. He's just a fucking nutcase, and this is how it's ended everywhere he's been.

Struggle to understand how people can see him as entirely blameless in all of this, to be honest. Speaks volumes that it's only a Qatari club showing an interest in him. Aye, he's had some rough treatment, but that's come after the arm around the shoulder approach failed to get any consistency from him. He has the ability to make himself undroppable, but too often becomes a passenger.

It is a proper shame, like. Love him to bits. Easily one of the most talented players I've ever seen. He's just a fucking nutcase, and this is how it's ended everywhere he's been.

I hear what you're saying, however Alan Pardew.

Marseille

Ligue 1 (1): 2009–10

Coupe de la Ligue (1): 2009–10

Trophée des Champions (1): 2010

it was only the 10-11 season he didn't feature heavilly for marsille under deschamps, the first two seasons he played 41 and 48 games in all competitions

He left under a bit of a cloud though, and he was dropped by Deschamps from the France squad after the last Euros, when he was still in favour here. To say that Pardew isnt ideal for a sensitive soul like himself is a massive understatement, but ffs man give it up, he's a fruit loop more than a top class footballer, although as a few have said, ability wise theres not 3 better players in the history of the club iyam.

I think Ben Arfas had plenty of chances and plenty of licence to play here. All the niggly stuff, tracking back etc became an issue because he wasn't doing much going forward either.

His biggest problem has always been not having a superb Beardsley like football brain to go with his undoubted skill.

Always wanting an extra dribble.

No one is arguing he is shite but what works for him in France doesn't necessarily work in England and I'm pretty sure that most successful imports from France would tell you the same.

Pardew can't manage this sort of player, so we have no true way of knowing if Ben Arfa has failed her because of ability.

I do think you're wrong though; regardless of what league he's played in, HBA could be an awesome Prem player if he had a manager willing to put up with the baggage and actually play him.

Look at Tevez thriving in the league once he'd stopped being pardewed - plenty of Argentine failures in the league yet he was a quality player and it shone through.

Ben Arfa could be a great player and Pardew undoubtedly has to take some of the blame for the way things have turned out but it's a two way system and both player and manager have to accept some responsibility. Look at Mourinho and Hazard, most would accept that Hazard is a world class player but Mourinho has demanded that he work harder for the team rather than concentrate on himself and Hazard has taken up the challenge and vowed to improve. I don't think we've seen that commitment from HBA and at the same time Pardew has failed to coax it out of him.

Pardew can't manage this sort of player, so we have no true way of knowing if Ben Arfa has failed her because of ability.

I do think you're wrong though; regardless of what league he's played in, HBA could be an awesome Prem player if he had a manager willing to put up with the baggage and actually play him.

I can't believe I'm defending Pardew here but he was managing him just fine a couple of years ago. I don't know why some people act like it's been Pardew's fault from the start.

Look at Tevez thriving in the league once he'd stopped being pardewed - plenty of Argentine failures in the league yet he was a quality player and it shone through.

There aren't any managers who can. Just look at his history. He doesn't have the right mentality, and he is at an age now where it is impossible to rectify, never mind the many weaknesses in his game that needs improving.

How many players does the manager develop and get the best out of? Probably worth looking at that record before placing all the blame at Hatem's door.

Most players are go backwards - but only some are scapegoats.

Yeah but he also fucked over a title winning manager in Mancini. What was he doing to someone as weak as Pardew?

West Ham had to pay Sheff Utd 40mill in compensation for Tevez " keeping " west ham up that season...playing Tevez and his mate was illegal.