Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

The weight issue is a slightly odd one if it's true it was only 1.5 kilos (or about 3 lbs) as it seems like an excuse. What further complicated the matter was that with the various stories going back and forth it was not clear whether it was Ben Arfa trying to make out that he was being forced out (I think it first emerged in the French press) or if it was the club making a mountain out of a molehill just to get rid of someone they didn't want (quite possibly a bit of both).

I think it's worth pointing out though that you have a manager who obviously favours a strong team ethic over individuals (fair enough in itself whatever you think of Pardew the manager) and then you bring in a player who has a history of fall outs and is the archetypal individual in a footballing sense. Then when said player falls out with the manager for not being a team player the rhetoric from the club tries to make out it's all the player's fault. In hindsight it seems like he was never going to be Pardew's cup of tea and we only signed him because he was cheap and he only came here because more attractive clubs weren't prepared to take the risk. Bearing all that in mind I don't think you can just point to the player when it was clearly a signing that lacked "planning" :rosetintspecs:

Edited by Alex

Has there really been 'glee' at the fact he's on his way? I just couldn't believe some of the childish insistence that it was entirely the fault of the manager.

Β 

Ant, you latching on to a Lee Ryder tweet as evidence that Milan are in for him has not gone unnoticed. Desperate times... :razz;

I resigned myself to the idea of losing him long ago. I've already half prepared myself for the same situation to occur again with someone like Cabella in a couple of years time.

That solo effort against Bolton :D When will we next have a player who'll be capable of doing anything like that? Just happy I got to see someone like this at NUFC, especially under someone as dross as Pardew.

Why would it be for you? I thought you rated him and didn't want him to leave.

Β 

I find it particularly strange in your case because you've always wanted to see flair players like Lua Lua, Shane Ferguson and Marveaux be given a chance yet you've never applied the same standard to Ben Arfa when he's clearly more talented than all of them. He's more effective too, especially when on form. I admit that isn't as often as anyone would have hoped for or wanted but, none of the other players you've wanted to see play have been consistent either and certainly in the case of Marveaux and Ferguson they've been guilty of going missing in games too.

My problems more been with people over hyping HBA. He has a few tricks but has never delivered on a regular basis.

Β 

Sure he's scored a few crackers and can occasionally dribble past a few defenders, but more often than not his final decision making was very poor.

Β 

As for Marveaux and Ferguson, neither has been given a fair go. Ferguson actually created three assists in three games and was still dropped.

Has there really been 'glee' at the fact he's on his way? I just couldn't believe some of the childish insistence that it was entirely the fault of the manager.

Β 

Ant, you latching on to a Lee Ryder tweet as evidence that Milan are in for him has not gone unnoticed. Desperate times... :razz;

:lol:

My problems more been with people over hyping HBA. He has a few tricks but has never delivered on a regular basis.

Β 

Sure he's scored a few crackers and can occasionally dribble past a few defenders, but more often than not his final decision making was very poor.

Β 

As for Marveaux and Ferguson, neither has been given a fair go. Ferguson actually created three assists in three games and was still dropped.

Β 

facepalm4.jpg

Why would it be for you? I thought you rated him and didn't want him to leave.

Β 

I find it particularly strange in your case because you've always wanted to see flair players like Lua Lua, Shane Ferguson and Marveaux be given a chance yet you've never applied the same standard to Ben Arfa when he's clearly more talented than all of them. He's more effective too, especially when on form. I admit that isn't as often as anyone would have hoped for or wanted but, none of the other players you've wanted to see play have been consistent either and certainly in the case of Marveaux and Ferguson they've been guilty of going missing in games too.

He's got pics of Shane in a schoolgirl outfit, that's basically it innit..

I resigned myself to the idea of losing him long ago. I've already half prepared myself for the same situation to occur again with someone like Cabella in a couple of years time.

Β 

That solo effort against Bolton :D When will we next have a player who'll be capable of doing anything like that? Just happy I got to see someone like this at NUFC, especially under someone as dross as Pardew.

The same thing will happen with Cabella unless he runs his arse off every game and 'looks busy'.

Β 

Β 

It's that sort of hypocrisy that makes people question your motives and sincerity iyam.

Unless Pardew gets sacked, it seems better for both parties if he goes. Theres no way otherwise hes going to get any significant game time, so whats the point of having him? Other than to finish up the leftovers and save on waste disposal....

Would like to see him on the right with Cabella on the left and Sissy just behind the striker.

Β 

Or De Jong behind the striker with Sissoko and Anita behind them. Would love to see but its never going to happen now.

Β 

Or De Jong behind the striker with Sissoko and Anita behind them. Would love to see but its never going to happen now.

Β 

No Tiote?

fuckign tragedy if he goes. a fit and firing ben arfa alongside de jonag and cabella, with a new striker and two from tiote, sissoko and collback sitting deeper is as good looking a midfield as we've had for a while