Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

I'm not sure why people can't just assume that both sides have done wrong. It's not that people make Ben Arfa out to be an angel, they're aware he might not the be easiest to manage, but continue to blame the manager unequivocally for the situation that has arisen.

I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just "Ben Arfa doesn't track back". None of us are privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

In public, Pardew has said some things I disagree with. He's not played him when to my eyes he should have. In public, Ben Arfa had an unofficial press conference which helped his relationship with the fans and press but has to have gone down badly with the club. He's also appeared visibly unfit on several occasions. The latter is inexcusable, yet some people still blame the club for his physical shape. A professional athlete should be able to look after themselves without their club's input. The bare minimum I'd expect from any Premier League player (be it free agent, youth, reserve, bench warmer, trialist...) is for them to be in decent shape.

Fuck you it's A or B!!

Scored today in a 4-4 game with qotsa.

I see you're not who has retained The lost art of keeping a secret, so given the No One Knows, did he just Go with the flow?

ignore them CT it's the cruelest joke to play on you this, i'm afraid Marveux is going leave you

I wanna make it witchu

I can understand all the arguments about where the blame lies. I can't understand the apparent glee from people at being 'proven right' in their eyes now he's been cast aside, when he's obviously such an talented player.

Edited by Alex

As someone who's detached himself quite a while ago from the prospect of us actually winning anything, I watch us for entertainment. Ben Arfa being far and away our most entertaining player, I'll be disappointed to see him go.

Has his flaws as a footballer though, and not just his fitness/tracking back. Plenty good enough for us though and I wish him well with the rest of his career.

I can understand all the arguments about where the blame lies. I can't understand the apparent glee from people at being 'proven right' in their eyes now he's been cast aside, when he's obviously such an talented player.

I'm sure you understand forum psychology better than your letting on ;)

As someone who's detached himself quite a while ago from the prospect of us actually winning anything, I watch us for entertainment. Ben Arfa being far and away our most entertaining player, I'll be disappointed to see him go.

Has his flaws as a footballer though, and not just his fitness/tracking back. Plenty good enough for us though and I wish him well with the rest of his career.

this.

it's a shame that we're going to let such a talented player go. he has the potential to be one of the best in the league. perhaps he will be more motivated at a more ambitious club.

Freaks tbh.

In case that was for me, the only glee i have about him leaving is that it's for AC Milan who i at least support as well (who i said he could well end up that), other than that i'll be gutted

Martins > Owen ;)

Why would it be for you? I thought you rated him and didn't want him to leave.

I'm sure you understand forum psychology better than your letting on ;)

I find it particularly strange in your case because you've always wanted to see flair players like Lua Lua, Shane Ferguson and Marveaux be given a chance yet you've never applied the same standard to Ben Arfa when he's clearly more talented than all of them. He's more effective too, especially when on form. I admit that isn't as often as anyone would have hoped for or wanted but, none of the other players you've wanted to see play have been consistent either and certainly in the case of Marveaux and Ferguson they've been guilty of going missing in games too.

From the club's perspective, they had 3 options.

1. Get him to sign a new contract, keeping him here on big wages until he is 31 / 32. Not likely given the club's dealings in the past.

2. Assess him positively for fitness / attitude and keep him for one more year hoping he would improve on last season and let him go for free.

3. Assess him negatively for fitness / attitude and try to sell him and re-coup some of the money invested in him.

With him coming back over-weight, its not just a signal to his fitness, its a very strong signal that he was not taking the forthcoming season seriously. Therefore, 1 and 2 are out of the question. If he is prepared to do nothing for a season, he can find a better contract as he can take some of the transfer fee as wages. The game becomes, if you stay you are frozen out and waste a year of your career so find a solution with another club.

In the end, if nothing happens, like countless times in the past the player will be 'brought back into the fold' after a 'reconciliation' with the manager in late August early September. Its just a game until then and if he does say 'fuck you i'm not moving' the club wont let him 'rot in the reserves' unless there has been a massive bust-up.

The cliches in quote marks should convince that this is all just standard.