Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

I can't discuss Anita with you, you don't know anything about football but because you're quite intelligent in other walks you refuse to accept it

Well, would you like me to use smaller words?

Well, would you like me to use smaller words?

I'd like you to watch and perhaps play some football then re-evaluate everything you think you know about the game. I wouldn't mind so much if you didn't think you were so clued up about it. Finding out that you now have a separate Twitter account dedicated to football is simply the last straw, somebody needed to call you out.

When are we going to see all these options you said we have in the summer btw? What we're doing clearly isn't working, can you recommend some changes for the next game, just in case Pards is a reader?

I'd like you to watch and perhaps play some football then re-evaluate everything you think you know about the game. I wouldn't mind so much if you didn't think you were so clued up about it. Finding out that you now have a separate Twitter account dedicated to football is simply the last straw, somebody needed to call you out.

When are we going to see all these options you said we have in the summer btw? What we're doing clearly isn't working, can you recommend some changes for the next game, just in case Pards is a reader?

2 things

1. It's a twitter account, I want to keep personal and comedy stuff aside from football. But more importantly, it's a twitter account. I'm amazed, given your unbelievable wealth of football knowledge, that you've not got a website of your own?

2. What would I do? Well, I suppose I'd start with the defence. We're all over the shop defensively, Colo and Williamson haven't got any kind of partnership, the gaps they're leaving between each other... even CT could fit through comfortably. I'd have them playing much closer to each other and deeper because neither one of them has either the positioning to play a reliable offside trap, nor the pace to catch a Premier League striker. I'd play Haidara and Janmaat as traditional fullbacks for the moment, they're leaving a piss poor centre half partnership exposed and while I'd prefer a pair of wing backs, that's only really useful if the ball isn't just being launched forward and ignoring the midfield.

I'd play Tiote and Colback (if they're both fit) just ahead of the centre backs, absolve Tiote of any attacking duty and insist that he remain in our half at all times. Colback is there to harry and receive the ball from any of the back 6 and play it forward or to the sides. No Hail-Mary passes though. Sissoko would play ahead of those two, tasked with providing support if the defence are struggling, and an outlet when we have the opportunity to drive forward. "Box to box" but with greater emphasis on the attacking side of that role. Especially getting into the box late for pull backs from Gouffran and Cabella. I'd play Cabella and Gouffran as they have been, I'd want to play them as a narrower three closer to the so-far isolated Riviere, but I know that the defence is playing poorly at the minute and wouldn't want our fullbacks facing more pressure than needs be.

Hull have a good (decent) midfield, so there's where the battle will be, I'd play five, giving Gouffran less attacking license than Cabella simply because he's a better defender than RC (not saying he's "good").

I'd practise some new dead ball routines.

I'd play possession football and try and pull Hull around the pitch so their less mobile centre either gets tired or sloppy, until a space opens for Cabella or Riviere.

I'd much prefer to go into the game with Cisse & De Jong starting and Aarons off the bench, mind you.

Edited by The Fish

I have a work account, an account I tweet about food from, an account I tweet about TV from, an account I solely use to bait Leazes, a fake Leazes account, an account I tweet about birds I've shagged from and an account I use to tweet about everything else.

Perfectly normal Fish lad.

I have a work account, an account I tweet about food from, an account I tweet about TV from, an account I solely use to bait Leazes, a fake Leazes account, an account I tweet about birds I've shagged from and an account I use to tweet about everything else.

Perfectly normal Fish lad.

I honestly don't understand why it's a big deal for people.