Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

The English defence first game has destroyed him. Needs to get himself out in the summer and into a team where he can focus on his strengths as opposed to wasting energy on areas of the game he is woeful at.

:lol: what league will be conducive to him showing his innumerable talents? We need to make sure the conditions are absolutely perfect or his footballing genius simply won't shine through, and that will not be fair on him at all.

Agreed. If a player can only operate - to an adequate level - in very specific conditions, then he's a problem. I think it's a bit easy to just blame it on the managers being thick, or on the English "defence first game" (Isn't that the Italian game? I thought the English game was known for being fast, aggressive and often end to end?).

I think he's a quality player, but I also think there's a reason he's never played for a top club. Or several reasons. And even at top clubs, you see players like Rooney putting in a shift when off the ball. He's a luxury clubs like ourselves and Hull can't really afford, unless we unbalance the team to play to his strengths.

He's 28 in a few months. He'll end up in France next season, he'll do well in an inferior league but he'll sadly never reach the heights his talent could have taken him.

Why didn't a champions league club take him on loan in August?

What makes him (and his agent?) think spitting the dummy out in December will make immediately attractive to one in January?

You need a lot more than talent to succeed at even bog standard premier league clubs. Call it temperament, call it whatever, he's not got it. It's conceiveable that the "demons" that plague his character are getting worse as he's getting older. If he can't recognise that Hull was the last chance saloon in this country then he's screwed iyam.

Aye just watching MOTD there, and I remember how much stick the mackems got for saying that Seesegnon was as good as Ben Arfa. He isn't, but he's the one of the two that's still getting a game in the Premier League cos he's not an utter tit.