Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

:lol: I'm sure that's where he sees himself too. The floor manager at McDonalds will be even less forgiving of his work ethic. No amount of flair at the burger flipping machine is gonna help him out there.

Especially if he doesnt track back and help out when the tills get busy!

However, Bruce says he does not know whether or not the reports are true.

"To be honest, I don't know if Hatem is in Paris. That's the truth,” he said.

"As for not playing again for Hull City, then at the moment he's not in the squad and the transfer window opens in January.

"There are still conversations to be had with him, but at the moment he is not in the squad and he hasn't earned the right to be in the squad at the moment.

"I don't know if the report he is in France, or whatever it is, is true. I'm not sure."

He's a complete twat, like. There really is no escaping it. I fucking loved him while he was here, but he's never been, and likely never will be, right enough in the head to make it as a top level professional.

This move was the perfect opportunity to 'prove people wrong'. If he'd put in a couple of productive displays, he'd likely have never been dropped from that team. Yet he couldn't bring himself to do it. It's a massive shame, but he only really has himself to blame. With any luck, he'll find the perfect club, with the perfect attack minded manager, and the perfect complimentary players, to allow him to finally flourish. :glare:

i was pricing flights to Milan other month, cost me less to fly there than it would have to Cardiff earlier this year.

I forgot how good the Lazio team was in the late 90s. The team they won the league with had:

Conceiciao

Boksic

Salas

Mancini

Mihajlovic

Nesta

Simeone

Nedved

Stankovic

Inzaghi

Couto

Veron

Ravanelli

amongst others :woot:

lazio%2B1990%2B2000%2Bedit70.JPG

Edited by Kid Dynamite

"I'm disappointed more than anything," Bruce told BBC Radio Humberside. "We brought him in on a wave of publicity and there has been no fall-out or slanging match.

"His views of the game are different to mine. At any club you need to have a certain work ethic to get in the team. That's the frustrating thing.

"I hope Hatem takes in what I've had to say to him because his talent is there for all to see. But talent without hard work means you won't live up to your potential.

"Unfortunately, to play for me you have to know you are playing for the team. To be a great you have to be a team player."

yup, it'd have been like spurs signing ginola and then complaining about him not tracking back.

You were fond of quoting Mourinho when people questioned Santon's ability, do you reckon he'd have Hatem in his side?...suffice to say football at the top level has changed a bit in the last 20 years since Ginola was in his pomp.

You were fond of quoting Mourinho when people questioned Santon's ability, do you reckon he'd have Hatem in his side?...suffice to say football at the top level has changed a bit in the last 20 years since Ginola was in his pomp.

I think it would take someone of Mourinho's quality to get the best out of Ben Arfa. I still think he'd have been a great option for us, as I think he took to the club & fans, but it looks like what could have been a perfect opportunity to get his career back on track has passed by.

Philippe Auclair reckons Ben Arfa will head to Italy in Jan, compared him to Taarabt and Menez who the moves out there have worked fairly well for.

Who also both moved to Milan (saying it so Ant doesn't ;) )

Thing is, Ben Arfa/Pardew was never going to work, look at Cabella now, dropped regularly in favour of Gouffran.

HBAs reputation and style was well known before he came so...why did we sign him? Same for the Hull move, why do people keep signing this player and then have managers come out and say "well you've got to work hard to be in my teams etc etc" when, frankly, anyone could tell you that isn't what you'll get from Ben Arfa.

You only have to look at the way he has improved Hazard's work rate to know that he wouldn't tolerate Ben Arfa.

Sorry, wasn't Hazard fairly well known for his enfant terrible attitude? JM seems to get players who didn't work hard, suddenly grafting. Probably because the results are very obvious.

Thing is, Ben Arfa/Pardew was never going to work, look at Cabella now, dropped regularly in favour of Gouffran.

HBAs reputation and style was well known before he came so...why did we sign him? Same for the Hull move, why do people keep signing this player and then have managers come out and say "well you've got to work hard to be in my teams etc etc" when, frankly, anyone could tell you that isn't what you'll get from Ben Arfa.

This is the frustration for me, we've had managers that could have got more from Ben Arfa and we've a scout team that consistently find players that Pardew's incapable of utilising.