Owen - If only the fans knew the facts!

KeithJ

was that his sister then (not his bird) that walked with him from court ?

I.e. the 'archive footage' Look North etc. now show by default when referring to this so-called footballer

Aye she's alright mamma. Iseeyoubabyshakinthatassshakingthatass.

Guest ImreVaradisWalkieTalkie

Haven't seen that footage so I don't know. She's black though, if that helps narrow it down.

FYP :good:

:lol:

We should twitter bomb him, is that the phrase? Either way, everyone with a twitter account should bombard him with tweets at a pre-decided time asking for his sisters number and if he'll put in a good word for us.

Guest ImreVaradisWalkieTalkie

She's got a big Rottweiller mind (that's not an Avid Merrion-style euphemism either).

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody wants you - insignificant little sh*t.....

Michael Owen reveals on Twitter he is still searching for new club

Michael Owen says he is still waiting for a "good opportunity" ahead of the new season, but has again said he will not drop down to the Championship.

Ex-England striker Owen, 32, insisted in May he would not retire despite being released by Manchester United after three seasons at Old Trafford.

"If a good opportunity doesn't come my way then so be it," tweeted Owen.

"I know I can still bang them in at the top level. I proved that nearly every time I played for Manchester United."

Owen moved to Old Trafford on a free transfer in 2009, and he scored nine goals in his first season - including the winner in his side's 4-3 victory in the Manchester derby.

His appearances became less frequent in his second year at the club, when he scored five goals in all competitions, before he netted three times in four outings last term.

He made just one Premier League appearance, however, and his last outing was in the Champions League at the beginning of November.

But Owen believes he still has something to offer in the top-flight - and he said he would not consider dropping down a division to join a Championship club.

"At 32, I've still got a few years in me," he said.

"At this stage of my career it has to be something that I'm going to enjoy doing.

"Not being disrespectful when I say I wouldn't play in the Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done.

"After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England, I don't think I would enjoy that football."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18823184

"After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England, I don't think I would enjoy that football."

Last year he inferred that we aren't worthy of being mentioned in the same company as the other clubs he's played for...make your mind up your grasping little cunt.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/has-michael-owen-visited-planet-earth-recently/

The amusing search by Michael Owen for a new club foolish enough to take him, has taken a new twist.

“If a good opportunity doesn’t come my way then so be it. I know I can still bang them in at the top level. I proved that nearly every time I played for Manchester United.

At 32, I’ve still got a few years in me. At this stage of my career it has to be something that I’m going to enjoy doing.

Not being disrespectful when I say I wouldn’t play in the Championship. Always said I wouldn’t drop down the leagues like some have done.

After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England, I don’t think I would enjoy that football”.

Does Owen ever look in the mirror? Or if he does have a look, will he see a fresh faced 18 year old weaving stylishly through an Argentinian defence?

As opposed to a washed up striker, who had all the ability but no real love or commitment to his various clubs.

There must be something in the fact that even the average Liverpool fan has no time for him, even though he knocked in well over 100 goals for them. They also perceive him as somebody more bothered about playing for England rather than his club who paid his wages.

He’s totally wasted his career and as for his belief that he can, “still bang them in at the top level…proved that nearly every time I played for Manchester United”….only five Premier League goals in thirty one appearances over three years would suggest otherwise.

Michael Owen’s past has finally caught up with him and I doubt whether there will be much sympathy for him in the north east, or anywhere else for that matter.