Your ideal signings for next season?.

henda11

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reo Coker? Fuck off man.....We have Gosling, Barton and Nolan who COULD play they defensive midfield role if needed. Oh and Perch :(

Reo-Coker's an actual defensive mid and would be for free and wouldnt take much in wages

And if either of those 3 players played defensive midfield we'd be shagged, theyre all offensive minded players and would have little to no influence on the games when playing there

Guest alex
Reo Coker? Fuck off man.....We have Gosling, Barton and Nolan who COULD play they defensive midfield role if needed. Oh and Perch :(

Haven't seen enough of Gosling but the other two are never DMs in a million years. I think Reo-Coker has lost interest in football like. Was a canny player a few years back.

Can't say I rate Reo-Coker like but I think he'd be a better option than Smith.

Aye thats the way im looking at it, I don't rate him highly but I'd much rather having Reo-Coker filling in midfield in Tiote's absence than Smith plus he'd be a cheaper option if we get Smith off our books

Haven't seen enough of Gosling but the other two are never DMs in a million years. I think Reo-Coker has lost interest in football like. Was a canny player a few years back.

Your correct. None of them are defensive midfielders nore did i say they were. They are box to bos midfielder and could do a job if needed.

Wasnt it you alex a while back who didnt agree with the idea of one def mid and one att mid?

Guest alex

Your correct. None of them are defensive midfielders nore did i say they were. They are box to bos midfielder and could do a job if needed.

Wasnt it you alex a while back who didnt agree with the idea of one def mid and one att mid?

I'm not a fan of the modern obsession for one. Especially if you have a 4-4-2 it's better to have two box-to-box midfielders. In the way we set up though when everyone is fit, Tiote clearly has more defensive responsibilities than whoever partners him. It just so happens he covers that much ground he helps out all over the pitch. Barton is better going forward and doesn't have the engine, physicality or discipline to play this role (before anyone points to Tiote's yellow/red cards that's not the sort of discipline I'm on about - I mean knowing when to hold your position etc). Nolan has never been a box-to-box midfielder so I'm surprised at that comment. With that in mind I'd agree with those saying Reo-Coker would be better cover for Tiote than what we currently have.

I'm not a fan of the modern obsession for one. Especially if you have a 4-4-2 it's better to have two box-to-box midfielders. In the way we set up though when everyone is fit, Tiote clearly has more defensive responsibilities than whoever partners him. It just so happens he covers that much ground he helps out all over the pitch. Barton is better going forward and doesn't have the engine, physicality or discipline to play this role (before anyone points to Tiote's yellow/red cards that's not the sort of discipline I'm on about - I mean knowing when to hold your position etc). Nolan has never been a box-to-box midfielder so I'm surprised at that comment. With that in mind I'd agree with those saying Reo-Coker would be better cover for Tiote than what we currently have.

I think the Nolan/Tiote partnership works very well, it means that Nolan can do alot more and get into positions in and around the oppositions back four knowing that Tiote will always be behind him keeping his shape and protecting the defence

Therefor if one of those three had to play there then it would be two box to box midfielders in the middle. More to your liking?

I thought before Tiote came in that Nolan and Barton would of been decent in the middle.

He wants to leave his current club because he's down the pecking order and can't get a start, so why would he come here where the current DM is even better than the one he can't displace.

He'll go on the cheap/free to one of the promoted sides so he can start every week.

If he's still here :(

The opportunity to sell Tiote and get Reo Coker for free... Fat Mike won't miss that boat!

I would love to see Fernando Llorente come here - 25 years old 6' 5'' and a powerhouse of a striker. Isn't really getting a look in the spanish national team as they only play midgets. Still has 7 in 13 for his country.

I would love to see Fernando Llorente come here - 25 years old 6' 5'' and a powerhouse of a striker. Isn't really getting a look in the spanish national team as they only play midgets. Still has 7 in 13 for his country.

Is he now not 1st choice alongside Villa? Linked every other week with Real Madrid too.

Not going to happen sorry, although i would love him here, Tottenham were getting quoted 30 million Euro's for him in January

Yeah I read that as well (Real Madrid and Tottenham fee)- figured the lure of mid-table mediocrity, £20,000 a week wages and playing with people such as Perch could of been too much to turn down. Still would of loved him here, looks like a proper number 9.

Aye looks an absolute quality target man, shame it's just a pipe dream.

Speaking of Number 9's who the hell are we going to get in to take the number 9 shirt, surely we cant get another Martins in wearing that.........Surely not :(

...or will he give it to Best/Shola?

Speaking of Number 9's who the hell are we going to get in to take the number 9 shirt, surely we cant get another Martins in wearing that.........Surely not :(

If so, Jesus will be weeping, along with many other Toon fans

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

Speaking of Number 9's who the hell are we going to get in to take the number 9 shirt, surely we cant get another Martins in wearing that.........Surely not ;)

If so, Jesus will be weeping along, with many other Toon fans

:( too right mate!

Lets hope some other club has more money and less sense than us and takes this useless twat.

I'm hoping Sunderland are more desperate than us for a striker and take a punt on the useless gimp.

I can see it now, us and Sunderland having a bidding war for the fecker, and Pardew swaying Cole's mind with the chance to hold the number 9 shirt....

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

Lets hope some other club has more money and less sense than us and takes this useless twat.

I'm hoping Sunderland are more desperate than us for a striker and take a punt on the useless gimp.

I can see it now, us and Sunderland having a bidding war for the fecker, and Pardew swaying Cole's mind with the chance to hold the number 9 shirt....

I think they are, and I think they'll sign Michael Owen!

I think they are, and I think they'll sign Michael Owen!

Looks like they'll need another bed in their already full treatment room then :(

Carlton Cole? Paul Konchesky? What the fuck??? If Pardew goes after shit like that then he's in the same bracket as Joe Kinnear as far as I'm concerned, we'd better bring in much better players than that shite.