Your ideal signings for next season?.

henda11

I'd like to see us throw in a bid for Kranjcar, he wants to leave Spurs and can play across the Midfield and behind a striker, he would be a canny good signing i reckon without breaking the bank

Worth a look if he's happy to play in a wider position.

...and if Spurs miss out on a Champions League spot they'll absolutely have to shed some of their midfielders. He looks like he'd be one of the first to go.

Edited by OzToonFan

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see us throw in a bid for Kranjcar, he wants to leave Spurs and can play across the Midfield and behind a striker, he would be a canny good signing i reckon without breaking the bank

Worth a look if he's happy to play in a wider position.

...and if Spurs miss out on a Champions League spot they'll absolutely have to shed some of their midfielders. He looks like he'd be one of the first to go.

Aye i think that where he predominintely plays out wide and we havent got much for our wide areas once we get an injury to either Barton or Gutierrez, plus he'd push the first team hard and we know whenever he'd play he wouldnt be a liability and is a proven Premier League player, and he's in his mid twenties too

But im sure ive seen a few quotes and that coming out that he'll leave if he's not given first team oppurtunities, something that he'd get here and not at Tottenham

I want to see Cardozo from Benfica here aswell, a good Target man and has good technique too with a great goalscoring record

I thought Kranjcar looked quality at Portsmouth, seems strange he can't get a game considering he used to play for Redknapp before.

Probably more to do with 'arry having to justify all the money he's spent on Modric, Van der Vaart, etc, etc.

I think Tottenham or Man City are going to be selling players depending on which one finishes 4th.

Tottenham out of necessity or Man City because their squad will be too big and players won't be willing to sit on the bench in the hope of getting a run in the Europa league for another season.

Which ever it is we should look to sign their good fringe players. Kranjcar would be the best of the lot.

Also, I had a thought with regards to Carroll. If he continues to get injured or plays poorly for a few seasons and we buy him back.

Do we pay 25% less than the agreed price because of the sell on clause in his contract?

Hypothetical of course I'm not saying this is a likely occurence or if we would even want an injury prone out of form England striker again.

I think Kranjcar would walk into any team below the top 5 and if we want to push on we need to sign players like him, we dont need to sign back-up players we need to sign players who can go straight into the first team or challenge the first team so players don't get too comfy and their form starts to drop because they know they havent got anyone to rival their position.

Another one who i think we should try and get is SWP

Think SWP isn't anything like the player he was.

Would rather gamble on a youngster.

I don't think he is the player he was when he was first at City but he'd still improve our squad and would do a good job for us, but I dont think he'd come to us anyway with his wages being so high and i think he's late 20's aswell

Also, I had a thought with regards to Carroll. If he continues to get injured or plays poorly for a few seasons and we buy him back.

Sounds like an incredibly sound investment that like. Are you FFS?

Hence this:

Hypothetical of course I'm not saying this is a likely occurence or if we would even want an injury prone out of form England striker again.

Not 'ideal' as such, but Yakubu is going for 2 million in the summer. Still only 28, seems to be over his injury problems and has been banging them in for fun for Leicester. Would be a good experienced striker to have in the squad.

That's actually not a bad shout. Similar sort of player to Martins. As long as he didn't want big wages his pace could be useful.

Replacing Andy Carroll with Yakubu is like replacing Chris Waddle with Billy Whitehurst. Clown.

Edited by LeazesMag

Not 'ideal' as such, but Yakubu is going for 2 million in the summer. Still only 28, seems to be over his injury problems and has been banging them in for fun for Leicester. Would be a good experienced striker to have in the squad.

His birth certificate says 28 but his real age will be 35+ :icon_lol:

He's far better than what we have.

He's far better than what we have.

when match fit. worth a bid. was absolutely prolific up until a couple of seasons ago, and maybe needs to be assured of first team football to keep that going. with what we have, he'd be a shoe in for the first team.

Gary Hooper, 17 goals in 22 (micky mouse league) games this season, 23 years old. Reckon he's be worth a shot if we could get him for under £5m.

Would still need another PROVEN top level striker as well though.

Strikers = Oscar Cardozo, and Maybe Stephen Fletcher from Wolves he seems to have a canny scoring record whenever he starts games

Midfielders = Larsson, Kranjcar/Gervinho/ Jarvis

Defenders = Samba, a RB (cant think of any)

These are with all the £35 million being spent and none of Enrique/Barton leaving

Strikers = Oscar Cardozo, and Maybe Stephen Fletcher from Wolves he seems to have a canny scoring record whenever he starts games

Midfielders = Larsson, Kranjcar/Gervinho/ Jarvis

Defenders = Samba, a RB (cant think of any)

These are with all the £35 million being spent and none of Enrique/Barton leaving

My shortlist would be...

Strikers = Huntelaar 8mil, Derdiyok, Wickham, Sturridge 8mil and Hooper

Midfielders = Larsson, Krancjar 4mil, Jarvis and Lens 6mil.

Defenders = M'Bengue 6mil and Naughton 4mil.

---Krul---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---M'Bengue

---Barton---Nolan---Tiote---Jonas---

---Ben Arfa---

-----Huntelaar-----

Subs: Forster, Naughton, Williamson, Gosling, Krancjar, Lens and Sturridge

That would be a great starting 11 and options on the bench.

Enrique 8mil, Lovenkrands 1mil and Smith 1mil sold.

Ferguson and Ranger out on loan.

Shola, Best, Guthrie, Raylor and squad players.

Kadar, Folan, Vuckic, Lua-Lua and Airey young lads to blood in cup games and last 15/20 mins of games we are comfortable in.

36mil spend, 10mil from sales = Net spend 26mil.

That would be a pretty superb summer and one we should be aiming for.

That's actually not a bad shout. Similar sort of player to Martins. As long as he didn't want big wages his pace could be useful.

Replacing Andy Carroll with Yakubu is like replacing Chris Waddle with Billy Whitehurst. Clown.

Still angry at this point were we?

Cheer up I wasn't suggesting Yakubu was a replacement for Carroll, but I think you know that. At least I hope you do. Surely not?

Anyway..

According to this.. Stephen Ireland .. could be available for £4 million. That would be a steal as long as he would accept a big wage cut because I would imagine his wages are astronomical having moved from City reluctantly. He was one of City's best players only a few seasons ago and he is still only 24 or so.