Your ideal signings for next season?.

henda11

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redknapp saying he needs to ship out players before he signs anyone, we should definitely sneak in a a bid or two for some of their players

I'd have Krancjar like since he's bound to be away.

I'd love him here, still only mid-twenties and can play anywhere in the midfield, and will improve the team instead of plugging gaps

“Now we need those three or four players at Newcastle who can get the fans off their seats. We know that is probably what’s missing and is going to take us beyond where we are at the moment.... that is the type of player we’re looking at and hopefully we can bring in one or two of them and add to what we’ve got”

Based on that Pardew thinks we need 3-4 players but is only hopeful of bringing in 1-2.

In the same interview he also said

“Overall, I’m delighted with 44 points... we’re in the top 10 again with three games to go”

All managers spout shit but this is the part of management Pardew really excels in.

Based off that actually he's saying that in total you need 3 or 4 players who can get fans off their seats in total. Ben Arfa would be considered one of them, and I guess if you wanted to push it Jonas as well (Tiote's not really a get their fans off their seats player unless he's belting in volleys against Arsenal). So he's really just again saying that they're looking at bringing in 1 or 2 players.

Pardew was talking about bringing in 1 player, possibly 2 in January and what happened? We sold our most promising player, and loaned out three others (Routledge and Xisco with a view to permanent moves and Kadar). Incoming we brought in the injured Stephen Ireland, and made Ben Arfa's deal permanent (obviously he was injured and would at best make a few cameo appearances at the end of the season). So the net effect was we lost three players. Edit - Completely forgot about Kuqi. The net 10 or 15 minutes that he's had on the pitch have been so important. As likeable a bloke as he appears to be that was a complete joke of a signing.

Talking about 1-2 players now after that January is ridiculous. I mean we were short on players heading into January and ended up with fewer players. If we make two signings we'll be in roughly the same position as we were in January in terms of playing personnel.

The manager in my opinion should be pushing the owner to make the necessary amount of movement in the market to improve the team. Considering we should at the very least have 35M to spend this talk of bringing in 1 or 2 players makes a mockery of the whole situation. The timing of the Carroll sale was perfect for them. The talk immediately after was about how they'd spend the entire amount on bringing in players to improve the team in the summer, that soon became a case of the money being used in it's entirety to bring in players and to pay wages. From there's it's shifted to a figure of around 20M to be spent in the summer. Now the talk of the 35M has been dropped altogether and it's just 1 or 2 players coming in, and yet some people will still attempt to make a case for these clowns. Seriously?

Edited by OzToonFan

What this involves is the pedantry of following exactly what Pardew said, which could mean absolutely nothing ... but to follow what he said:

"I think what we can say about this team is there’s no real stars in it," he told reporters.

"I think what they’ve done is have a real collective team bond that when a big game came around, like today, we’ve won.

"I think that’s a good trait to have. I think the next trait for us is to have a winning mentality and take that away from home.

"Now we need that three or four players that Newcastle are renowned for getting them off their seat.

Taken from this perspective, he's saying we currently have no-one who is a big star (which, incidentally, might piss off a few of our current players, but that another topic). As such, he's looking at bringing in 3 to 4 new players who will be 'big stars' (whatever the fuck that means).

Not saying I believe/trust the man, just following the quotes he gave.

BTW: Where did he say he's only confident of bring in 1 or 2? Surely he (Pardew) jests????????

Lord knows what will happen this summer?

Edited by dbsweeney

Don't worry, I've looked at one the above posts and answered that question.

Now, to get REALLY pedantic, maybe he's saying that he thinks we need 3-4 'big star' players, but because we can't be sure of who will actually turn out to be a big star (copyright: Pardew 2011), maybe we'll only end up with 1 or 2 big stars out of the 3 or 4 (or more) players we get in.

Well at least it sounds like we're looking for exciting quality rather than so-so squad players judging by that. 2 genuinely exciting attackers and a decent replacement for enrique (Mbengue?) would'nt be a terrible summer in all fairness, not saying it would be amazing either mind before anyone goes off on one.

Clearly we've got the basis of a decent-ish side and if we keep most of what we have while adding that extra bit of spark and killer instinct in the final third next season we might have a bit less tense nervousness due to wasted chances and no more pinning all our hopes on nile ranger as our biggest game changer hehe.

2 strikers and a winger plus convincing enrique to stay would be brilliant, but I think that might be a bit of a stretch.

Slightly worried about whether he classes ireland as a 'fans off their seats player' though, I think whatever money we do spend could be put to better use elsewhere.

The Baggies will hold onto Odemwingie for dear life ... and he seems very happy there (seen as God-like) esp. compared to the shit he received earlier in his career.

2 strikers and a winger plus convincing enrique to stay would be brilliant, but I think that might be a bit of a stretch.

Yeah, I'd be happy with that providing they were of suitable quality of course. The money is easily there for that to happen.

Yeah, I'd be happy with that providing they were of suitable quality of course. The money is easily there for that to happen.

I'd be made up with that tbh.

I don't think we've had a manager that has signed the number of players they've said we'needed' since Fat Sams first transfer window at the very least, anyway.

Yes. I'd have thought a couple in is more realistic. Maybe Ireland for a bargain fee and a striker from Europe. Kuqi will be out the door, I'd have thought any players sold will be replaced. So I don't expect the squad will increase much. Might be a long summer.

West ham are pretty much down now. I would like to see us go for Ba. Also Scott Parker would be a great signing for when tiote is suspended/in Africa. Wouldnt be awful to have them both play in midfield either.

Guest alex

I don't think they could play together and no way would Parker come and sit on the bench. Why would he? After the season he's had. I don't think he's owt special like, especially given the likely transfer fee. I'd have Ba here in a shot though.

Edited by alex

True, not a very probable signing. I still think it would be a very good way to ensure we have a competent defensive midfielder pretty much all season (Thread title) :icon_lol: . Considering half the worlds good def mids are all African.

Thinking without any outgoings we really need more than 4 players in

Samba would be an awesome signing for us to partner Coloccini, absolutely no nonsense about the man and does his job with minimal fuss

Naughton on loan from Tottenham wouldnt be to bad, at least we'd have a challenger for Simpsons spot, as the back-up weve got is poor for our defence

Reo-Coker for free would be a good signing as we need someone who naturally plays DM for when Tiote's in Africa and has suspensions etc

Kranjcar from Spurs would be ideal for us too can play anywhere across the midfield and would add quality we definitely need

Steven Fletcher, everytime he starts he seems to score and this is in a poor Wolves side and seems to work for the ball upfront and not laze around

and another good striker who has a record of scoring goals

I know this isnt going to happen, but i can dream :icon_lol:

Samba would be an awesome signing for us to partner Coloccini, absolutely no nonsense about the man and does his job with minimal fuss

Naughton on loan from Tottenham wouldnt be to bad, at least we'd have a challenger for Simpsons spot, as the back-up weve got is poor for our defence

Reo-Coker for free would be a good signing as we need someone who naturally plays DM for when Tiote's in Africa and has suspensions etc

Kranjcar from Spurs would be ideal for us too can play anywhere across the midfield and would add quality we definitely need

Steven Fletcher, everytime he starts he seems to score and this is in a poor Wolves side and seems to work for the ball upfront and not laze around

Was thinking that myself yesterday after seeing his heroics at Upton Park. Steven Fletcher doesn't sound like much of a signing but the boy does know where the net is.

I reckon a loan for Sturridge could be on the cards (as i'd imagine they would be reluctant to sell) should Chelsea bring in another striker and keep Drogba.

I agree with Kranjcar, and he is blatantly pissed he aint getting a look in at spurs - though I think he'll be off to Italy.

But if they are all interested, you would get them all relatively cheap i'd imagine.

Was thinking that myself yesterday after seeing his heroics at Upton Park. Steven Fletcher doesn't sound like much of a signing but the boy does know where the net is.

I reckon a loan for Sturridge could be on the cards (as i'd imagine they would be reluctant to sell) should Chelsea bring in another striker and keep Drogba.

I agree with Kranjcar, and he is blatantly pissed he aint getting a look in at spurs - though I think he'll be off to Italy.

But if they are all interested, you would get them all relatively cheap i'd imagine.

Would love Samba, sadly I reckon so will a lot of other teams (Arsenal I hear) so looks unlikely but we can hope.

Along with Fletcher i would get that Demba Ba as other people have mentioned, West Ham got him for £7 Million so i reckon we could get him from them for around that price with them basically going down they'd be ready to sell IMO

Plus id rather pay £7 Million for him than anthing around that amount for Carlton Cole

I'd have Demba Ba in a second like. Would improve our striking options to no end. Samba will go to a better side than us since he's really been at Blackburn for far too long and is an absolute rock at the back. Actually, him up front would improve our striking options to no end.

Aye the way Wengers been going on i think hes gonna make some changes to his team so i can see Samba going there, he's the kind of leader they need at the back

I wish Woodgate wasn't as much of a crock as he is, i'd take him back here in an instant if he can stay fully fit, he was a quality natural defender on his day