Your ideal signings for next season?.

henda11

That's actually not a bad shout. Similar sort of player to Martins. As long as he didn't want big wages his pace could be useful.

Replacing Andy Carroll with Yakubu is like replacing Chris Waddle with Billy Whitehurst. Clown.

Still angry at this point were we?

Cheer up I wasn't suggesting Yakubu was a replacement for Carroll, but I think you know that. At least I hope you do. Surely not?

Anyway..

According to this.. Stephen Ireland .. could be available for £4 million. That would be a steal as long as he would accept a big wage cut because I would imagine his wages are astronomical having moved from City reluctantly. He was one of City's best players only a few seasons ago and he is still only 24 or so.

could say the same about Joe Cole or SWP (other than being 24) but they both look finished...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My shortlist would be...

Strikers = Huntelaar 8mil, Derdiyok, Wickham, Sturridge 8mil and Hooper

Midfielders = Larsson, Krancjar 4mil, Jarvis and Lens 6mil.

Defenders = M'Bengue 6mil and Naughton 4mil.

---Krul---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---M'Bengue

---Barton---Nolan---Tiote---Jonas---

---Ben Arfa---

-----Huntelaar-----

Subs: Forster, Naughton, Williamson, Gosling, Krancjar, Lens and Sturridge

That would be a great starting 11 and options on the bench.

Enrique 8mil, Lovenkrands 1mil and Smith 1mil sold.

Ferguson and Ranger out on loan.

Shola, Best, Guthrie, Raylor and squad players.

Kadar, Folan, Vuckic, Lua-Lua and Airey young lads to blood in cup games and last 15/20 mins of games we are comfortable in.

36mil spend, 10mil from sales = Net spend 26mil.

That would be a pretty superb summer and one we should be aiming for.

It'll be interesting to see how many on your shortlist actually join us, and how much the net spend actually is. Of course all fees will be undisclosed but we can have a go.

That's actually not a bad shout. Similar sort of player to Martins. As long as he didn't want big wages his pace could be useful.

Replacing Andy Carroll with Yakubu is like replacing Chris Waddle with Billy Whitehurst. Clown.

Cheer up I wasn't suggesting Yakubu was a replacement for Carroll, but I think you know that. At least I hope you do. Surely not?

Anyway..

According to this.. Stephen Ireland .. could be available for £4 million. That would be a steal as long as he would accept a big wage cut because I would imagine his wages are astronomical having moved from City reluctantly. He was one of City's best players only a few seasons ago and he is still only 24 or so.

could say the same about Joe Cole or SWP (other than being 24) but they both look finished...

Other than being 24?

I would say that kinda of puts Cole and SWP outside of the discussion regarding signing Ireland.

Edited by toonotl

Wages would be key. If he's willing to take a big pay cut then that's a good sign that he has the right intentions.

Yakubu is fat and doesn't give a fuck. Saw him play for a few minutes the other day and he went to ground with no contact, not because he was attempting to win a free-kick but because he tripped over when trying to run, having long forgetten how to do so.

My shortlist would be...

---Krul---

---Ben Arfa---

-----Huntelaar-----

Kadar, Folan, Vuckic, Lua-Lua and Airey young lads to blood in cup games and last 15/20 mins of games we are comfortable in.

It'll be interesting to see how many on your shortlist actually join us, and how much the net spend actually is. Of course all fees will be undisclosed but we can have a go.

Won't matter, one part of the financial disclosure for the new UEFA rules is a transfer payable table:

The transfer payables table must contain the following information as a minimum

(in respect of each player transfer, including loans):

a) Player (identification by name or number);

b.) Date of the transfer/loan agreement;

c) The name of the football club that formerly held the registration;

d) Transfer (or loan) fee paid and/or payable (including training compensation

and solidarity contributions);

e) Other direct costs of acquiring the registration paid and/or payable;

f) Amount settled and payment date;

g) Balance payable at 30 June in respect of each player transfer;

h) Due date(s) for each unpaid element of the transfer payables; and

i) Conditional amounts (contingent liabilities) not yet recognised in the balance

sheet as of 30 June.

Of course that may remain confidential to clubs and UEFA

Edited by Toonpack

My shortlist would be...

---Krul---

---Ben Arfa---

-----Huntelaar-----

Won't matter, one part of the financial disclosure for the new UEFA rules is a transfer payable table:

The transfer payables table must contain the following information as a minimum

(in respect of each player transfer, including loans):

a) Player (identification by name or number);

b.) Date of the transfer/loan agreement;

c) The name of the football club that formerly held the registration;

d) Transfer (or loan) fee paid and/or payable (including training compensation

and solidarity contributions);

e) Other direct costs of acquiring the registration paid and/or payable;

f) Amount settled and payment date;

g) Balance payable at 30 June in respect of each player transfer;

h) Due date(s) for each unpaid element of the transfer payables; and

i) Conditional amounts (contingent liabilities) not yet recognised in the balance

sheet as of 30 June.

Of course that may remain confidential to clubs and UEFA

You misunderstand. I meant undisclosed to the general public.

What about David Goodwillie who plays for Dundee Utd, like Hooper he's been banging in the goals for the past couple years and won young player of the year twice in 2 years and is still only 22, might be an option to bulk up the squad and would only cost £2 million max, but obviously we need 2 more proven strikers ahead of him IMO

Anyway..

Other than being 24?

I would say that kinda of puts Cole and SWP outside of the discussion regarding signing Ireland.

I just think it's a big punt on someone who we haven't seen the best of, (apparently) has a shit attitude, (seems to be) injury prone and who may never recapture his previous form. Reeks of Alan Smith all over again...

Wouldnt be surprised to see us go in for Robbie Keane unfortunately and Reo-Coker with him being a free agent at Villa, plus Pardew's already worked with him :lol:

I can see Reo-Coker coming here and for free he would be good back up for Tiote. I understand his limitations but I don't see it as a bad deal. He does seem to be made captain everywhere he has been as well.

I know he has played at right back before as well but I can't comment on if he was actually any good there.

It opens July 1st and Reo Coker wouldnt be a bad signing but i'd only get him if we let Smith go which hopefully will happens so we've got a replacement too, who can come in for Tiote when he gets all his suspensions next season

And how anyone can look forward to this summer is beyond me, it's going to be absolutely shambolic IMO

It opens July 1st and Reo Coker wouldnt be a bad signing but i'd only get him if we let Smith go which hopefully will happens so we've got a replacement too, who can come in for Tiote when he gets all his suspensions next season

And how anyone can look forward to this summer is beyond me, it's going to be absolutely shambolic IMO

It's easy when you are utterly incapable of recognising patterns.

Don't know who we'll sign but really looking forward to January and the window opening.

All the gossip, incomings, outgoings. Can't wait.

Anyone know what date the window opens?

FYP

Guest alex
Don't know who we'll sign but really looking forward to January and the window opening.

All the gossip, incomings, outgoings. Can't wait.

Anyone know what date the window opens?

FYP

:( Happy New Year.