Geordie Shore

Sonatine

You can pipe the fuck down, you've read a few graphic novels yourself.

It was just the gif I was laughing at, it was a perfect execution. :lol:

If you mean Jilly Cooper, you bet your jodhpurs I have!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was just the gif I was laughing at, it was a perfect execution. :lol:

If you mean Jilly Cooper, you bet your jodhpurs I have!

Fairymuff

Jilly Cooper? I always had you pegged as a Barbara Cartland kinda gal

Not dirty enough. I'm sure I remember skim reading a Jilly Cooper book as a young teen and her describing some lass's fanny as "sodden". :lol: Even to a 13 year old, it was jarring.

God. I'd expect "Sodden" to accompany "matted" and "drowned", none of those are inspiring.

Mind it isn't as bad as some of the reported quotes from 50 Shades of Grey

“Let me ask you something first. Do you want a regular
vanilla relationship with no kinky fuckery at all?"
My mouth drops open. "Kinky fuckery?" I squeak.

"Kinky fuckery."

"I can't believe you said that.'

"Well, I did. Answer me," he says calmly.

I flush. My inner goddess is down on bended knee with her hands clasped in supplication begging me.

"I like your kinky fuckery," I whisper.” "

I mean... jesus christ

Comics are about as cool as pinball tbh. If you live in a loft conversion in manhattan you could probably get away with it. When you read them in your tartan pyjama bottoms, not so much

You're right, mind how many critically acclaimed movies have been made about pinball? I think we're getting into that part of the day that you claim you don't care about being cool, but assert that everyone else's interest are definitely not cool. :lol:

Got to admit that I am tickled by the notion that reading comics, sorry "graphic novels", is a credible alternative to watching trash tv.

Were you a games workshop dork in your youth as well fish?

Edited by Dr Gloom

You're right, mind how many critically acclaimed movies have been made about pinball? I think we're getting into that part of the day that you claim you don't care about being cool, but assert that everyone else's interest are definitely not cool. :lol:

Comics aren't cool any part of the day for a 30 year old, no need to be precious about it though ;)

God to admit that I am tickled by the notion that reading comics, sorry "graphic novels", a credible alternative to watching trash tv.

Were you a games workshop dork in your youth as well fish?

Why wouldn't it be?

and I played a bit when I was about 11/12, like a lot of lads I knew then. Didn't get into it very much and switching schools helped me realise there's more interesting things to get into. Like comics ;)

I get that Comics/Graphic Novels are geeky and a lot of them are associated with childishness and what not. But those I mentioned above are not the same as, say, X-Men. I wouldn't say that they're not geeky, but I would say that there's a great swathe of comics/graphic novels (which aren't the same thing) that shouldn't be read by kids... ever.

Comics aren't cool any part of the day for a 30 year old, no need to be precious about it though ;)

Precious? Brilliant.

The only reason comic movies are popular is because they've stripped away the decades of total fucking NONSENSE that makes up the majority of comic backstories and distilled them down to the big punchy fighty bits which can be a good laugh. It's about time they fucked off though all the same.

Can't say I read comics but I'm certainly a nerd by whatever standards the majority on this board operate by. That said, 'being cool' is a waste of a life. I actually believe you can reach a point where someone is so cool it's sad. Thus, cool and sad are two different points on a circular framework - and using that logic, I would then argue that I'm so sad, it's cool.

It's not a great argument in truth... :lol:

fish - did you paint lead figures or were you the dungeon master?

I did actually enjoy it more when I just painted the figures. I'm not sure, but are you trying to rib me for something I briefly did two decades ago?

If you wanna go further back I used to run around the sand-dunes playing armies with a stick in my hand as I made machine gun noises with my mouth. I used to shit myself before I turned two yr old as well... :lol:

Blade is the only decent movie from a comic strip. Does V for Vendetta count?....I dont think I've seen a decent one in over a decade tbh...maybe an age thing...

You didn't watch Dark Knight? Old Boy?

There are others that might surprise you are based on Comics; Wanted, Surrogates, Red, The Crow, Weird Science, Road to Perdition, A History of Violence,

You didn't watch Dark Knight? Old Boy?

There are others that might surprise you are based on Comics; Wanted, Surrogates, Red, The Crow, Weird Science, Road to Perdition, A History of Violence,

And Garfield.

And Garfield.

Where the fuck have you been?

Did your political career stutter?

:lol: Dark Knight is good if you try and forget that this self-serious, gritty film is about a bloke in a bat outfit fighting an evil clown.

and Inception is good until you realise it's ridiculous...

i hated the batman reboot films. especially when bale opened his mouth in the batsuit. excruciating

I thought Batman Begins was good, Dark Knight was excellent, Dark Knight Rises was average, but that's as likely because the 3rd film was supposed to be the Trial of the Joker, rather than what we saw.

The voices used by Bale and Hardy were atrocious. How can Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney all get a decent Batman voice sorted, but Bale can't? I've no idea what was going on with Hardy's voice though, I know that Bane is supposed to be a brilliant criminal, but that weird pseudo Ivy-League-Scholar affectation was just weird.

Edited by The Fish