Who are the 5 people you would most like to meet

LeazesMag

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just meet, but have a few drinks and good conversation with (so yeah, I'd rather meet these alive :icon_lol: :

My Grandad (no really! died when I was nearly 2 and theres a shit load I would ask him about our family tree)

Spike Milligan (Just for an hours surreal conversation)

Billy Connolly (Not just for his humour but his experiences, struggling early on in Glasgow to traveling the world. I enjoy how he sees things)

Kevin Keegan (There may a few other iconic people connected to our club, but it's his passion for the club. Would be fantastic to talk to him about whats really gone on as well)

Ida Flamebearer (For those interested in local history, Ida invaded from Denmark after the Romans had left and started a line of rulers over the area, shaping Northumbria).

Oliver Cromwell

Abraham Lincoln

J V Stalin

Rembrandt

Julius Caesar

I mean't to add "from your era"....oh wait, it is :icon_lol:

Never been one for bothering with meeting people of renown.

Cringe to see people swarm around "celebrities". I'll go to a sportsman's dinner, but I won't queue to shake their hand and get a cheesy photo.

Wouldn't mind if Dylan wanted to buy me a pint...but he just makes up shite.

Think I probably lean more towards happy faces line of thought of not relly being to fussed about meeting anyone.

If pushed it would be a nice sunny day in a nice beer garden sharing a few beers with 5 toontastic boys.

I think you can want to meet someone who you admire to have a good conversation with them rather than just because they are a celeb/hero/famous and just to shake their hand or whatever.

Biil Hicks, Christopher Hitchens and Germain Greer come to mind for me on that basis.

Think I probably lean more towards happy faces line of thought of not relly being to fussed about meeting anyone.

If pushed it would be a nice sunny day in a nice beer garden sharing a few beers with 5 toontastic boys.

:rolleyes:

Which 5 "boys"?

:icon_lol:

Guest alex
I think you can want to meet someone who you admire to have a good conversation with them rather than just because they are a celeb/hero/famous and just to shake their hand or whatever.

Biil Hicks, Christopher Hitchens and Germain Greer come to mind for me on that basis.

A great philosopher perhaps? Like Peter Ustinov?

:rolleyes:

Which 5 "boys"?

Thought best not to name names as I didnt want anyone to feel left out. :icon_lol:

I've reviewed my five and have decided to jack them, I've met Old Stevie anyway and all I can remember him saying was "ah aye, aye, aye, ayyyyyyye, ah aye". So my reviewed five.

Hitler remains

Maradona

Irvine Welsh

Shaun Ryder

David Icke

CT's is:

David Cameron

Russ Abbot

Stock Aitken

Dennis Waterman

Jive Bunny

It's a good job CT can take a joke.

Mine would be;

KK

Alexander the Great

Silvia Saint

Pericles

Julius Caesar

I've met both Gemmill and The Fish.

It really would be impossible to top those two.

Edited by Jonny2J