Cheick Tiote

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shirley this deal should have been sown up before the Shelvey deal we now have a player who probably won't play for us again with just under 18 months of his contract left. Not sure what wages he's on but we now have to pay him whilst we also pay Shelvey to do his job another first class job done on this.

Shirley this deal should have been sown up before the Shelvey deal we now have a player who probably won't play for us again with just under 18 months of his contract left. Not sure what wages he's on but we now have to pay him whilst we also pay Shelvey to do his job another first class job done on this.

Shelvey doesn't do Tiote's job though?

Fairy Nuff either way somebody's dropped a bollock

Thing is, if we'd sold Tiote before getting a player in (Saivet) people would be livid that we'd risked being left short.

Don Hutchison (I know) asks if it's time to praise the board for the last couple of windows and the article is, unsurprisingly, provoking a fairly angry response. But perhaps these are the first season where there is a change of transfer policy?

They said in the summer that they were going to spend £50m through the three next three windows and they do seem to be doing that.

What happens after next summer is anyone's guess though, I doubt they will keep it up.

They said in the summer that they were going to spend £50m through the three next three windows and they do seem to be doing that.

What happens after next summer is anyone's guess though, I doubt they will keep it up.

Spend to survive this window it's essential to stay up to get the big money.

Thing is, if we'd sold Tiote before getting a player in (Saivet) people would be livid that we'd risked being left short.

Don Hutchison (I know) asks if it's time to praise the board for the last couple of windows and the article is, unsurprisingly, provoking a fairly angry response. But perhaps these are the first season where there is a change of transfer policy?

I don't see any change in policy at all. They have the finances to the point they want them now so they are releasing a bit more money but that's it. The summer signings all fit the same criteria as before and really so do the two so far this window and the other two that are being most talked about. Young players that we can sell on. The fact that we're in the shit and there is a big risk that we will miss out on the new tv deal has forced us to act now and probably spend much more than they would have wanted to. It's all reactive not proactive and it's all with a view to sell ons rather than to actually building a squad fit for purpose. No praise whatsoever from me. Edited by David Kelly

I might wait until we have a season where we're not looking like we may well go down before I start praising the board like

This is the top and bottom of it. The boards actions have led us to being near relegation for the last four seasons. Why would we praise that?

I don't see any change in policy at all. They have the finances to the point they want them now so they are releasing a bit more money but that's it. The summer signings all fit the same criteria as before and really so do the two so far this window and the other two that are being most talked about. Young players that we can sell on. The fact that we're in the shit and there is a big risk that we will miss out on the new tv deal has forced us to act now and probably spend much more than they would have wanted to. It's all reactive not proactive and it's all with a view to sell ons rather than to actually building a squad fit for purpose. No praise whatsoever from me.

Absolutely. I think I've said the same on here re: the summer dealings and, even if you argued this window is a change in policy, it's a short-term reaction to being in the shit.

The Fish is fully bought in to premier league survival as success.

Course I haven't, you big daft ginger knob.

Newcastle United should be consistently challenging for Europa spots and looking to steal a march on any slip ups from the teams above that. Chelsea and Man City have spent an incredible amount of money to usurp traditionally "bigger" clubs and (this season aside) don't look likely to finish outside the top 4-5 anytime soon.

It's mismanagement in the boardroom stretching back into Sir John Hall's reign that's lead to our decline. We've had two decent managers in my 3 decades on the planet. We've definitely had the cash, the support, the players, the opportunity to establish ourself at the top, but consistently the men making the decisions have chosen the worst path.

Keegan's first exit was a cock up

Taking the legs from under Robson was a cock up and appointing Souness was a ridiculous over-reaction to the dressing room

Every appointment after that was a cock up or a long shot that barely came off

Selling to Ashley was stupid but Ashley not selling to Mansour was worse

We get Robson in after Keegan and we 100% would have Premier League titles and FA cups in our cabinet, instead we have a Championship trophy and an Intertoto winner's certificate.

I'm not happy with where we are, far from it. But I'm not daft enough to concentrate only on the negative.

Course I haven't, you big daft ginger knob.

Newcastle United should be consistently challenging for Europa spots and looking to steal a march on any slip ups from the teams above that. Chelsea and Man City have spent an incredible amount of money to usurp traditionally "bigger" clubs and (this season aside) don't look likely to finish outside the top 4-5 anytime soon.

It's mismanagement in the boardroom stretching back into Sir John Hall's reign that's lead to our decline. We've had two decent managers in my 3 decades on the planet. We've definitely had the cash, the support, the players, the opportunity to establish ourself at the top, but consistently the men making the decisions have chosen the worst path.

Keegan's first exit was a cock up

Taking the legs from under Robson was a cock up and appointing Souness was a ridiculous over-reaction to the dressing room

Every appointment after that was a cock up or a long shot that barely came off

Selling to Ashley was stupid but Ashley not selling to Mansour was worse

We get Robson in after Keegan and we 100% would have Premier League titles and FA cups in our cabinet, instead we have a Championship trophy and an Intertoto winner's certificate.

I'm not happy with where we are, far from it. But I'm not daft enough to concentrate only on the negative.

I'll never forget when you turned up at a piss up in blue tracksuit bottoms and tuxedo shoes.

We're still recovering from the transfer Windows after the season we finished 5th. The lack of signings from then on is still impacting on us now as we'd be nowhere near the bottom of the table if we'd have capitalized on those transfer Windows and being in European competition. we got left so far behind from then that we are struggling to even compete to get anywhere near there as we allowed other clubs to surpass us.