Cheick Tiote

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1znue8l.jpg

I think the above all points to the fact that this season Tiote is suffering from the teams approach being to rely on long balls much more, which is not what will involve Tiote in the game.

The amount of tackles he attempts per game has dropped season on season, correspondingly, his fouls and his yellow cards have too. The number of dribbles he attempts per game have also dropped off along with his pass % (not shown but he's averaging less total passes per game now too, from almost 60 a game last year to less than 55 this year). He's been dispossessed almost half as much this season as he was last season and is fouled less and less too. This all suggests he just doesn't see as much of the ball in the middle of the park where he does his best work, is this because he doesn't want it any more or because the team and the setup don't get it to him?

Conversely look at the aerial duels, which he attempts more and succeeds in more of. He's receiving more balls in the air, and less to his feet. His number of clearances this season is also higher than any other previous year, evidence of him dropping deeper to be involved but not having someone like himself in the middle of the park to release it to, resorting to a long ball clearance.

“If God had wanted us to play football in the sky he'd have put grass up there”

Cheesy use of Vin Scully, quoting a cheesy american commentator isnt really adding anything. Could have at least picked wilde or something.

Only time will tell on this one and i hope he does suddenly change,but even the arguments of styles of play dont really ring true as his record follows him whoever he plays for in my opinion.

Anyhoo, im psyched for tonights match!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Walters jumps up and dives today, looking at the repeat over and over and there is clearly minimal contact between him and Tiote. The only problem is that it looks stupid...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy3hia_n2-1s-www-fasthighlights-com_sport?start=1#.UT0NRBycd8E

Had I been the ref and seen this vid before deciding on penalty, I wouldn't have given it.

Edited by Aeris

Tiote is wrong to start the "slide", but it actually looks more like he just falls towards Walters in reflex because he was nutmegged, but he's clearly not gonna tackle hard. The contact is minimal as Tiote regrets his "fall" towards Walters and tries to get his legs out of Walters way, then you see Walters purposely forcing himself off the ground and falls.

Thats my opinion.

Yup, stupid tackle, def a pen. However, I was saying to my mate at the game just before that that I thought that was one of the most disciplined hours of football I've ever seen him do for us. There were at least half a dozen occasions where there was a 50-50 which would usually see him lunge in but he held back. Especially when you consider who we were playing against as well. He was having a great game up until the pen, shame really.

I choose to not let that mistake ruin his overall performance, as I think it was just unlucky for him tbh. He shouldn't have played from start though since we need far more flaired players than him to smash in the goals, but's that another story.

I think Walters hoyed himself down but it was clearly a stupid challenge from Tiote in that position. Like others have said though, before that he was having a very disciplined game. Which really makes it all the more frustrating!

I think Walters hoyed himself down but it was clearly a stupid challenge from Tiote in that position. Like others have said though, before that he was having a very disciplined game. Which really makes it all the more frustrating!

I think as long as the contact is as minimal as it shows, Walters could've easily stood on his feet if he wanted to and kept doing the shite he was trying to, but he goes for the penalty instead and falls over, fair and square, unlucky for Tiote for helping Walters make it look like it was bad tackle.

However, Tiote should've not panicked like that...

Edited by Aeris