Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

Do you lads get dressed up to watch this?

I'm generally naked, oiled up and rubbing sea salt over my skin

Another cracking episode. Very different from last weeks though of course. Lots of good Tyrion banter and setting up to go back to the main part of the story. It's going to be a long wait for season 4 now though!

Read the books (again)

I am man :D I'm about a third of the way through A Clash Of Kings now. But you don't get pictures of neked birds in the book the books!

That's what Postit Notes and artistic flair is for!

Thought it was a great episode, one of the best of the series in fact. The end was dire though. I didn't want anything 'memorable' or any cliff-hanger shit necessarily, I just thought that that scene was so awfully contrived and shit. I really don't like Dany very much in the series to be honest, no consistency in her character development and/or the actress isn't good enough.

Fish: What like? And why were you surprised?

Edited by ADP

Thought it was a great episode, one of the best of the series in fact. The end was dire though. I didn't want anything 'memorable' or any cliff-hanger shit necessarily, I just thought that that scene was so awfully contrived and shit. I really don't like Dany very much in the series to be honest, no consistency in her character development and/or the actress isn't good enough.

Fish: What like? And why were you surprised?

I think Danaerys is being used as a salve to sooth the American's inabiliity to deal with shit going bad for everyone regardless of how good or noble they are.

Only read the following if you've read the books

I was expecting Joffrey to be bumped off and perhaps the introduction of Damphair

I've finally got caught up on all these, I'm glad though that I waited to watch them all in quick succession rather than week to week.

Also, I paid a visit to the GoT exhibition they have going on in Belfast at the minute. It was shit.

So, now that I've caught up in the TV episodes can I just begin reading the third book in the series or will I have to have read the first couple to get it?

I'm nearly finished the third book now and I would recommend reading the first two. There's not a great deal that happens in them that's massively different to the show so far but it's cleared up some things for me and I'm enjoying re watching the series again more after reading them.

I've finally got caught up on all these, I'm glad though that I waited to watch them all in quick succession rather than week to week.

Also, I paid a visit to the GoT exhibition they have going on in Belfast at the minute. It was shit.

So, now that I've caught up in the TV episodes can I just begin reading the third book in the series or will I have to have read the first couple to get it?

I'd read the other two, if for no reason than it'll be a while before the next tv season starts and you've got time to kill.

Same here, its agonising to wait for an episode each week!

I suggest reading the first two, probably the best of the lot so far imo.

• 1 month later...

Done all series 3 in the past week. I was catching flies in my mouth in the wedding episode. Excellent stuff.

Can't help but feel cheated by the series as a whole though. At the end of season 2 the setup for season 3 was that the dead army were about to descend and the dragon bint was bringing her dragons to claim her throne. At the end of season 3 that is totally unchanged. There was barely a whiff of zombies in the whole series and her dragons hardly killed any one bar a fish.

In all honesty, bar the wedding, the Stark's situation is pretty much unchanged too. Obviously their power has diminished massively but those characters we follow in season 4 haven't really progressed in any sense with their plot. As characters they've had massive things happen to them.... But their story, place, mission, motivation doesn't seem to have moved on at all.

Done all series 3 in the past week. I was catching flies in my mouth in the wedding episode. Excellent stuff.

Can't help but feel cheated by the series as a whole though. At the end of season 2 the setup for season 3 was that the dead army were about to descend and the dragon bint was bringing her dragons to claim her throne. At the end of season 3 that is totally unchanged. There was barely a whiff of zombies in the whole series and her dragons hardly killed any one bar a fish.

In all honesty, bar the wedding, the Stark's situation is pretty much unchanged too. Obviously their power has diminished massively but those characters we follow in season 4 haven't really progressed in any sense with their plot. As characters they've had massive things happen to them.... But their story, place, mission, motivation doesn't seem to have moved on at all.

I think Brandon's mission and motivation has changed a lot, but I just don't care. Arya and Sansa are still searching for the fantasies they hold dear; Arya wants adventure and a way to channel her anger, Sansa just wants pretty frocks and dances asnd gallant knights.

I think the Others' menace comes through in the next few books and presumably the next season

I've no idea how to put a spoiler thing on so don't read on if you've not read the books.

Having nearly finished the forth book now, there's not a great deal happened to anyone (especially as most of the main characters aren't in it!) especially the Others. I'm still enjoying it but I think it's quite telling that it's took me twice as long to read as the much longer book 3.

• 5 months later...