Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

So I was going to hold out until the end of the season and then just hit them all in one weekend of food, drink and smoke binge. But, I caved last night and caught up with the first 5... (Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't read the books)

I've found that this season is so much better than the second, which I found a major disappointment in terms of characters and pace. There is movement in every plot and scene. The pacing is brilliant, and a return to the brutality which was left at the end of the first season. I think they've learnt from their mistakes a lot, notably, Daenarys's character. I couldn't stand her portrayal in the second series because I always thought that in the books, her shift to badass who loses her vulnerability happens when she burns the witch. Her constant moaning was unbearable, I kept thinking that she was being totally destroyed as a character. This season is so much better, and I really hope the scene when she finds out about Jorah's 'attempt' on her life is done well. Another thing of note I'd say, is that Jaime and Brienne's relationship is being treat really well too, it's not overbearing, and I think they've done really well to transfer from the books the ambiguity of feeling between the two. One final thing I've really enjoyed is Joffrey and Margarey's relationship. I didn't get it in the books at all (if it was there) the fact that Joffrey does actually like and care for her. It is going to add another dimension to what happens later.... YA GET ME!

I find myself saying that pretty much every week. Looking forward to tonight to see what happens. I mean I know it'll be

The Hound and Dondarrion having their fight, I'd expect them to show Hoat giving Jaime to Bolton and the incident that follows that, but it can't be far from the Red Wedding...right?

Next one I think, or the 7th episode, with

Joffrey's wedding and events happening in the 9th

Edited by ADP

So I was going to hold out until the end of the season and then just hit them all in one weekend of food, drink and smoke binge. But, I caved last night and caught up with the first 5... (Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't read the books)

I've found that this season is so much better than the second, which I found a major disappointment in terms of characters and pace. There is movement in every plot and scene. The pacing is brilliant, and a return to the brutality which was left at the end of the first season. I think they've learnt from their mistakes a lot, notably, Daenarys's character. I couldn't stand her portrayal in the second series because I always thought that in the books, her shift to badass who loses her vulnerability happens when she burns the witch. Her constant moaning was unbearable, I kept thinking that she was being totally destroyed as a character. This season is so much better, and I really hope the scene when she finds out about Jorah's 'attempt' on her life is done well. Another thing of note I'd say, is that Jaime and Brienne's relationship is being treat really well too, it's not overbearing, and I think they've done really well to transfer from the books the ambiguity of feeling between the two. One final thing I've really enjoyed is Joffrey and Margarey's relationship. I didn't get it in the books at all (if it was there) the fact that Joffrey does actually like and care for her. It is going to add another dimension to what happens later.... YA GET ME!

Next one I think, or the 7th episode, with

Joffrey's wedding and events happening in the 9th

You think they'll have

Tyrion's trial this season? Given the new House (Martells) they're going to need to establish and they're going to need to have Bran find Sam, Danaerys take a city, Jon assuming command of the Wall, Davos free Robert's bastard and direct Stannis' armies to the wall...

they haven't much time to pack all that in?

I thought it was largely the 1st half of the 3rd 'book' in this series? I read them as one so I'm not sure what that entails as per the big scenes

You think they'll have

Tyrion's trial this season? Given the new House (Martells) they're going to need to establish and they're going to need to have Bran find Sam, Danaerys take a city, Jon assuming command of the Wall, Davos free Robert's bastard and direct Stannis' armies to the wall...

they haven't much time to pack all that in?

Nah,

I think that the trial will be the early episodes in the next season, with this one culminating in Tyrion being accused. I couldn't stand the Martell chapters in the book, found them really boring, hope they can make them seem a bit more interesting in the series. Also, you know the hooded guy who finds Bran, is that Benjen? I really hope it is, or we are given some more information about what happened to him, though it'd be typical of GRRM to just not tie those loose ends up. It's a hell of a task to do all the books in the series, at the current rate, I can imagine the actress who plays Arya being about 25 by the time they catch up to the books now, never mind the last two. Would love to see a bit of a speed up with production, get it out within 9 months of the last series, rather than a year, so as to shave off even a little bit of time. Apparently GRRM has told the producers of the show a blueprint of what he intends to happen in the final books, incase he dies before he completes them. Not a bad idea, considering how healthy he looks now

220px-George_R_R_Martin_2011_Shankbone.JPG

Nah,

I think that the trial will be the early episodes in the next season, with this one culminating in Tyrion being accused. I couldn't stand the Martell chapters in the book, found them really boring, hope they can make them seem a bit more interesting in the series. Also, you know the hooded guy who finds Bran, is that Benjen? I really hope it is, or we are given some more information about what happened to him, though it'd be typical of GRRM to just not tie those loose ends up. It's a hell of a task to do all the books in the series, at the current rate, I can imagine the actress who plays Arya being about 25 by the time they catch up to the books now, never mind the last two. Would love to see a bit of a speed up with production, get it out within 9 months of the last series, rather than a year, so as to shave off even a little bit of time. Apparently GRRM has told the producers of the show a blueprint of what he intends to happen in the final books, incase he dies before he completes them. Not a bad idea, considering how healthy he looks now

220px-George_R_R_Martin_2011_Shankbone.JPG

I had always assumed that Coldhands was Benjan.

spoilers for this week

just seen my favourite non-tits bit of this season so far, the exchange between tywin and olenna (diana rigg) with regards to cersie and lloris' wedding.

brilliant :lol:

It's like a show for people with ADHD, let's have 3 minutes of this storyline and then move on to the next 12 storylines and we'll maybe come around again in 50 or 100 minutes time. Jumped the stark for me and I have ADHD.

Edited by trophyshy

I read this was popular with World Of Warcraft players and that made up a significant amount of the demographic. That plus Gemmill's indifference means i'm just going to rely on the tits and ass being relayed to this thread and save myself the 100 hours i dont have.

i'm not usually a big fan of lotr/fantasy stuff but it it's worth a watch, even before you take the nipple count into consideration.

all completely absurd, yet strangely compelling viewing.

Its got fantasitical elements, but George R.R. has drawn heavily on historical events and customs from dark age and medieval Europe in his writing. The likes of Theon being brought up by the Starks was commonplace among northern clans right the way through the middle ages, young lads were often fostered by cadet branches of the main family, it hleped promote kinship, which was important in battle. Hasn't worked out too well for Theon mind :lol:

Its got fantasitical elements, but George R.R. has drawn heavily on historical events and customs from dark age and medieval Europe in his writing. The likes of Theon being brought up by the Starks was commonplace among northern clans right the way through the middle ages, young lads were often fostered by cadet branches of the main family, it hleped promote kinship, which was important in battle. Hasn't worked out too well for Theon mind :lol:

Theons actually a prisoner, when the iron islands rebelled and were crushed they took him to ensure they stayed quiet.

Sat in the pub last night after five a side one of the lads said he'd just started watching it. To which my mate said it was class when Sean Bean got killed. The other lad wasn't at all happy as he was only up to episode seven :D