Out of interest....

Howmanheyman

What do you do for a living?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a chef and also in school.. well finished school now, last exam tomorrow. Quitting the restaruant, applied for a call centre, double the pay and double the hours.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a chef and also in school.. well finished school now, last exam tomorrow. Quitting the restaruant, applied for a call centre, double the pay and double the hours.

:lol:;):D:icon_lol::blush::stars::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Kevin the chef

Ronald-McDonald.jpg

in an office - developer

happy enough in the job, i get to piss about with geeky things which isn't bad, not designing games for Nintendo as i planned when i was 7 but not an awful outcome.

Obviously if i won the lotto i'd quit in a heartbeat.

I'm an Enginerd, work in the office most times but go onsite for specific projects, construction support etc.

If I won the lotto I'd be outta here so fast their heads would spin.

I kind of suspected I was in the minority on here. I work in a Process plant, I'm a leading hand trying to run my line and get quite pissed off having to justify every bit of downtime this new and useless Plant has to Middle managers who are shiting themselves they're about to get sacked by a trouble-shooter who has been hired. I spend half my time in a control room inputting recipes and wondering if the raw material we need is actually there and half my time getting covered in powder by the constant leaks. I'm fairly pissed off at the minute as is everyone there. The place is Stress central.

I work in an office and I'm an Operational Planner.

I enjoy my job, although I think alot of that is to do with where I'm working.

As I've done a similar job elsewhere, although under a lot more pressure.

I kind of suspected I was in the minority on here. I work in a Process plant, I'm a leading hand trying to run my line and get quite pissed off having to justify every bit of downtime this new and useless Plant has to Middle managers who are shiting themselves they're about to get sacked by a trouble-shooter who has been hired. I spend half my time in a control room inputting recipes and wondering if the raw material we need is actually there and half my time getting covered in powder by the constant leaks. I'm fairly pissed off at the minute as is everyone there. The place is Stress central.

Is that like the job Homer Simpson has? :lol:

Is that like the job Homer Simpson has? :lol:

Much worse than Homer's plant. There's no doughnuts allowed.

I once spent ten years working for S&N at the Tyne Brewery. That was a cracking job.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Is that like the job Homer Simpson has? :D

I once spent ten years working for S&N at the Tyne Brewery. That was a cracking job.

No doughnuts :lol:;)

Well I had Broon ale on tap for ten years as well as other beers/lagers so I can't do too much complaining! :icon_lol:

Mainly work in the office, but sometimes I have to go to aerial sites. Few of them give great views of London. Haven't been able to take photos so far, but I hope to soon.

Well I had Broon ale on tap for ten years as well as other beers/lagers so I can't do too much complaining! :icon_lol:

Talking of Brown Ale on tap, using the more literal meaning mind you anyone know anywhere that still does it? I remember you could get it in Sam Jacks about 5 years ago but not seen it on tap anywhere for ages!

been a HGV driver since i was 17 in many different roles from the army delivering plant machinery to delivering chilled goods up and down the uk.

Has its fun days but can be lonely hoping to go to college to do a marine engineering course as its what i've always wanted to work on boats.

Guest alex
Not one geordie on the dole? Thats like saying the yanks love Cheryl Cole

That's a bit rich coming from an unemployed stand-up comedian.

I work for Hewlett Packard in hosting. Vast majority of work is for the DWP.

I spent 8 years on apps dev for CSA which I really enjoyed. Designing, coding, testing and providing support on the CS2 system.

Been in the new role approaching a year and not enjoying it at all to be honest. All management, outlook, messenger, project and telephone. Nothing hands on. I hate managers. I hate meetings. I hate phonecalls.

Was offered a way back recently anaarl...but the money's much better.

:lol:

I selected 'office'; 'sometimes'

Edited by Happy Face