It's Yohan Cabaye

Toonpack

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All over twitter this alleged 8M offer from Barca. Not that we'd sell for that much.

I just had a look - without an account mind you, don't know if that makes any difference - and there's nothing new on there, just a couple of tweets repeating what we already knew about Pardew shooting it down. After that there's nothing since the 12th...

• 2 months later...

http://www.canalplus...ieur-sport.html

2.25 Prefered taking time at Clairfontaine clinic to prepare for the new season.

10.46 onwards says there was interest from ManU and others when he signed for us...Then says Spurs wanted him as the Modric replacement.. :ninja:

Pards says he is the tempo and intelligence of the side...

Various french talking heads say he's developed technically and physically since he's been in England.

At 19.00 Pards says he's a future cap of the side.

Is mates with the French speaking crew and Hatem speaks highly of him..

Edited by Park Life

Guest Your Name Here

Club have blocked Cabaye from answering questions about Spurs, says Mark Douglas. Sounds a little like he was given permission to talk to Spurs but decided to stay put.

Pardew denied it at the presser. Cabaye said that "Spurs wanted him to replace Modric" to Canal +. As we know, the agents tell the players if another club is interested, so to be aware of their interest does not require us to give them permission to speak to them.

Pardew said no bid for him was made, which suggested to me that they refused permission or did not accept a bid. Its funny how we come to different conclusions though :lol:

Of course but my point is would it be better for us fans that one of our best players was turning down the chance to play for another team because he wanted to stay or that the club turned down offers because of his importance to us.

At the end of the day if a player wants a move he will ultimately get it but showing the ambition to keep our best players sends a signal out to the rest of the team and potential targets that we want to actually do something.

On the flip side if a player digs his heels in to stay it's great for the fans who see a player they love desperate to stay but if the club are trying to sell him behind is back what does that say about our ambittion?

Of course it's very possible that neither of these scenarios are the case and the reality was that either there was no offer or no acceptable offer.

• 2 weeks later...

From SSN:

France coach Didier Deschamps says Yohan Cabaye's stock has risen because of his displays on the international stage - and not his impressive performances for Newcastle.

Magpies midfielder Cabaye,spacer.gif 26, has already been linked with a move away from St James' Park after an excellent start to his Premier League career.

Following a £4.3million move from French side Lillespacer.gif in June 2011, he was instrumental in Newcastle'sspacer.gif surprise fifth-place finish last term and also cemented his place in the national team.

Deschamps, whose side travel to Spain for Tuesday's World Cup qualifier, insists winning a regular place for France should be Cabaye's focus.

"One of my favourite sayings is: 'National team is above everything, you can play at the greatest clubs, but there is nothing stronger than winning with the shirt of your country'," said ex-Chelsea player Deschamps.

"I can give you an example - Yohan Cabaye. He didn't change his status because he joined Newcastle, it is because he has been called into the French team and he has matched expectation.

"Nowadays no-one could imagine the French team without him. But why?

"You really believe people look very closely at his performances with Newcastle? No, he got his status with Les Bleus, thanks to his good work for the French team."

Cabaye had only played four times for France before joining Newcastle, but is set to make his 19th appearance against reigning world champions Spain in Madrid.

Pffft.

"One of my favourite sayings is: 'National team is above everything, you can play at the greatest clubs, but there is nothing stronger than winning with the shirt of your country',"[/Quote]

:lol: Not a very catchy saying like.

Never liked Deschamps, always seemed like a prick when he was at Chelsea, undoubtedly a talented footballer and promising manager but never liked his tone. Didnt Ben Arfa piss him off and done a runner to come here. Could that be the root of his arrogance against us?

Simple thing is he is talking shit...Both Ben Arfa and Cabaye have played more for Les Bleus whilst being here. Showing they are quality players playing in the PL.

Cabaye will be massive for us on sunday. Both him and Tiote need to stamp their authority early on without getting booked especially in the first half. With the centre midfield and we will win the match

Going to be a key feature in us kicking on and getting into top 4 form. Be nice for them to have a settle run together in the side.

Going to be a key feature in us kicking on and getting into top 4 form. Be nice for them to have a settle run together in the side.

Agreed. Will be a massive confidence boost for us and a huge kick in the stotts for them. I am more confident for sunday than I have been for a number of seasons. Hopefully Pards plays a very attacking team to warrent my confidence