It's Yohan Cabaye

Toonpack

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he looked off the pace yesterday. I'm not judging him yet by any means but the pace looked way too much for him and he was completely fucked by the end.

I think he acknowledges that himself. Also as Collo says, there will be more games when we keep possession better and arnt chasing shadows as we were a lot yesterday.

I think the whole team looked to close down well yesterday which no doubt took its toll given it was the first game as well.

Yohan Cabaye was blown away by the St. James' Park atmosphere as the midfielder made his debut against Arsenal on Saturday.

The summer signing from Lille was impressive alongside Cheik Tiote in the middle of the park as Newcastle secured an opening-day point with a goalless draw.

And Cabaye, 25, admitted that running out in front of a bumper crowd was a memorable occasion and is now looking forward to the Wear-Tyne derby at Sunderland next weekend.

"It was nearly 47,000? Wow. At Lille it was normally 15,000!" he told nufc.co.uk after the final whistle.

"For me that was perfect. I love the English atmosphere, the English fans. Newcastle fans are brilliant.

"I am happy to start in the team, in the Premier League, and with the atmosphere. That was fantastic.

"It was a good first game for me and for the team because Arsenal are a good side. I am very tired. It was very tough, but when I play more games I will get better and it will be okay for me. I will work a lot to get fitter.

"We have played one game and got one point - a good point - and now we have to work for Sunderland next week. We have to win there."

Imagine how he would have felt if it was a capacity 52000, with a vocal singing section and a city full of happy fans getting behind the team?!??

For shame he'll never get to experience it except maybe the derby match :happygirl:

Also if he wants to be Rob Lee :lol: he's going to have to put in more lung busting runs (like when he and Obertan combined) and not just be happy to sit deep for most of the match as he did yesterday (yes I know it's a fitness issue as well).

The game completely passed him by yesterday imo.

thats a little harsh imo.

Very harsh. I think you have to bear in mind who we were playing, their possession play and the fact it was his first game in English football and the fact that he's hardly played with Tiote, if ever?

He ran himself ragged and stopped them being able to take their time in midfield.

He also put some balls through that with a bit more weight, could have lead to goals.

Very harsh. I think you have to bear in mind who we were playing, their possession play and the fact it was his first game in English football and the fact that he's hardly played with Tiote, if ever?

You don't have to bear any of that in mind. If the game passed him by, it passed him by regardless of any of the above.

I'm not writing him off or anything, I'm just giving my opinion that he was well off the pace.

You don't have to bear any of that in mind. If the game passed him by, it passed him by regardless of any of the above.

I'm not writing him off or anything, I'm just giving my opinion that he was well off the pace.

Which is how it looked to me on the telly too. He'll take a bit of time to settle into English football and get fitter.

I thought he was actually coming into the game when Pardew took him off. He barely got a touch of the ball for the first 30 minutes but after that he slowly got more involved.

Still convinced he'll be the perfect foil for Tiote in time. It's a shame and slightly shambolic they've never played together until yesterday.

Edited by Ketsbaia

I thought he was actually coming into the game when Pardew took him off.

He looked absolutely knackered though. Unless he's one of those players who look knackered from the kick off

Spot on, it's only harsh if you write him off because of it. It's just a fact the game past him by.

I didn't think he was too bad tbh. You can't have expected too much of him, like most people agree with the first game in England etc etc, but if the flashes he showed are to go by, i'm quite excited by him.

Funny thing is its the same people on here who are near enough righting him off already as to who were underwhelmed by his signing.

Then you have the proper football people on here who can see what he will bring once he settles. Some just expect it all now.

He works hard and did sit deep yesterday, alot down to our game plan i'd of thought. Plus it was his 1st game in england against strong opposition.

I fancy him to be one of the outstanding players next weekend along with Colo, Tiote and Barton.

I think there only one person said they're writing (yes, writing) him off, Deano. So wind your optimistic little neck in.

Your just taalking rubbish im dead articulate and i love newcastle

team for sunderland:

---------------------Krul

Vuckic--Colocheeny--Pieters--M'Beungeu

----------------------Tiote

--------------------Barton

---------------------Cabaye

----------------------BenArfra

-------------------------Ba

-----------------------NEW

Getting a bit sad all this picking on Deano, particularly bearing in mind he's only a young lad.

He is a damn site more interesting than a lot who pass this way, has a laugh and doesnt go out of his way to slag people off.

At least he's bothering to express how he feels about the club which is the point of this place really.