It's Yohan Cabaye

Toonpack

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) So much for the fact the game passed him by. You gep-wearers shouldn't rush to judge tbh.

Aye cos most tackles without making a foul is a telling stat. ;) It might have been 5 for all we know.

Sorry, I read that as made the most tackles and also didn't give a foul away. In which case it would be an excellent stat. As for 5 tackles, have a look at the chalkboards, that's a good number.

No ones wrote him off yet from what I can see

Someone did in the match thread, with the following drivel...

Cabaye: Looks like Emre Version 2, and like the little Turk looks more suited to Serie A football. Pretty on the ball, but provides little in the way of incisive/creative drive through the middle, a role player to have when surrounded with superior & natural attackers. As it stands right now, with a pairing of Tiote & Cabaye, our central midfield is lacking defensive & attacking balance. I'd start Gosling (who would at least provide more drive, more of an attacking mindset) ahead of him, especially at home.

He's had one match in the premier league and yet you've already written him off? Gosling's only had 20 odd league appearances in 3 seasons, the vast majority of which have been with Everton. He's also missed an entire season injured. Not sure why he's considered a superior option to someone who was a first teamer with Lyon?

In the context of what is expected of him, as a direct compliment to the defensive steel Tiote provides (ie. An attack-minded creator through the middle corridor in open play, to provide fluency in attacking half, otherwise too much is expected from HBA: a factor used by some when defending Nolan's sale for the overall good of the team, highlighting the latter's weakness' to balance out what he actually brought to the team as an instinctive goal sneak inside the box) in open play............ yes i have written him off.

He looks like the atypical role player in midfield (a serviceable jack of all trades, but overall a master of nothing) and in France has been surrounded by a steady supply of attacking talent, a bloke who just happened to have a release clause in his contract. From 'role player' to being the 'main man, to provide drive between the defensive & attacking thirds' here, at least in the engine room'. It's a big step-up, both in responsibility & ability. I don't see enough of the mindset (or forward drive) required to release some the pressure that will no doubt be humped on HBA's fragile frame, as opposition managers and their respective outfield units will see little need to shelter their rearguard with a balanced sideline-to-sideline defensive shape.

;) So much for the fact the game passed him by. You gep-wearers shouldn't rush to judge tbh.

Aye cos most tackles without making a foul is a telling stat. ;) It might have been 5 for all we know.

Sorry, I read that as made the most tackles and also didn't give a foul away. In which case it would be an excellent stat. As for 5 tackles, have a look at the chalkboards, that's a good number.

I can't work those fucking chalkboards! Were these winning tackles btw? Or just tackles made?

Getting a bit sad all this picking on Deano, particularly bearing in mind he's only a young lad.

He is a damn site more interesting than a lot who pass this way, has a laugh and doesnt go out of his way to slag people off.

At least he's bothering to express how he feels about the club which is the point of this place really.

Cheers CT my fellow comrade ;)

I actually couldnt give a shit about what the VAST majority of posters on here have to say or their pathetic attemps at put downs. Sad little men with nothing better to do. I pitty them really.

However their are a few on here who are still interesting, positive or at least balanced and actually do talk with passion for the club, as apposed to the others who are here because they are 35 year old and single or married to a fat bird whos more interested in X factor and pizza than them.

Positivity got me this far in life......Oh and i do love a good formation though ;)

However their are a few on here who are still interesting, positive or at least balanced and actually do talk with passion for the club, as apposed to the others who are here because they are 35 year old and single or married to a fat bird whos more interested in X factor and pizza than them.

That's not very positive.

No ones wrote him off yet from what I can see

Someone did in the match thread, with the following drivel...

Cabaye: Looks like Emre Version 2, and like the little Turk looks more suited to Serie A football. Pretty on the ball, but provides little in the way of incisive/creative drive through the middle, a role player to have when surrounded with superior & natural attackers. As it stands right now, with a pairing of Tiote & Cabaye, our central midfield is lacking defensive & attacking balance. I'd start Gosling (who would at least provide more drive, more of an attacking mindset) ahead of him, especially at home.

He's had one match in the premier league and yet you've already written him off? Gosling's only had 20 odd league appearances in 3 seasons, the vast majority of which have been with Everton. He's also missed an entire season injured. Not sure why he's considered a superior option to someone who was a first teamer with Lyon?

In the context of what is expected of him, as a direct compliment to the defensive steel Tiote provides (ie. An attack-minded creator through the middle corridor in open play, to provide fluency in attacking half, otherwise too much is expected from HBA: a factor used by some when defending Nolan's sale for the overall good of the team, highlighting the latter's weakness' to balance out what he actually brought to the team as an instinctive goal sneak inside the box) in open play............ yes i have written him off.

He looks like the atypical role player in midfield (a serviceable jack of all trades, but overall a master of nothing) and in France has been surrounded by a steady supply of attacking talent, a bloke who just happened to have a release clause in his contract. From 'role player' to being the 'main man, to provide drive between the defensive & attacking thirds' here, at least in the engine room'. It's a big step-up, both in responsibility & ability. I don't see enough of the mindset (or forward drive) required to release some the pressure that will no doubt be humped on HBA's fragile frame, as opposition managers and their respective outfield units will see little need to shelter their rearguard with a balanced sideline-to-sideline defensive shape.

Ahhh right, i thought they were going on about how people were saying the game passed him by and assuming that it meant we'd wrote him off

I can't work those fucking chalkboards! Were these winning tackles btw? Or just tackles made?

The tackle stat is for winning the ball cleanly. I don't remember exactly but e.g. Tiote / Colo would have 3 or 4 last season in a good game.

Cabaye had our only shot on target? From Barton's back-heel? Another good stat.

I didn't think he was too bad tbh. You can't have expected too much of him, like most people agree with the first game in England etc etc, but if the flashes he showed are to go by, i'm quite excited by him.

Which other players have excited you by giving you flashes?

Ian Dowie

Thought it was a steady if unspectacular debut (full league debut before someone picks me up on that ;) ) against a good side. I would hope for more creativity once him and Tiote become more familiar with their respective roles.

Thought it was a steady if unspectacular debut (full league debut before someone picks me up on that ;) ) against a good side. I would hope for more creativity once him and Tiote become more familiar with their respective roles.

This

Our midfield at times, well the whole team was battling for possesion and getting pressed back. He did a damn more than Strola did.

It really boils my piss how that twat gets a contract extension and gets in the team. He is deffo mafia OR is like Messi in training and the managers think "One day, just one day hell do it for real"