Tooj

Looks like yesterday was the last straw. If he'd rather sit on Chelsea's bench every week good luck to him, wonder who will be next out the door?

You're mental if you think that losing to Arsenal had anything to do with the decision process. Demba Ba wants more money and to play at the highest possible level. We could be challenging for Champions League spot and if Arenal, Man U, Man City or Chelsea came in offering him 90k a week he'd bugger off there.

All the patter in the last week from pardew more or less tells you he's been told sign or fuck off. I'll be surprised if the club weren't involved. Another gamble by fatty.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Fuck Ba, was nice while it lasted but we were always at his mercy with that stupid clause being in his contract. Just hope his knees explode in his first game for his new club.

Is he going to "play" at the highest level at Chelsea? Rafa will start Torres every game. If he's not happy here playing out of position, what will he be like bench warming every week. Decision to move on prob has been made weeks ago, yesterday just confirmed to him that this club isn't going to progress any.

All the patter in the last week from pardew more or less tells you he's been told sign or fuck off. I'll be surprised if the club weren't involved. Another gamble by fatty.

Think he was always going to leave to be fair, good age to join a top club and has history with wanting out for a higher wage,

Just a shame it's to that lot, and not Galatasaray or something. I absolutely despise Chelsea (almost as much as I hate Liverpool) and thus I'll be wishing Ba nothing but the worst along with his new teammates should the deal happen.

Is he going to "play" at the highest level at Chelsea? Rafa will start Torres every game. If he's not happy here playing out of position, what will he be like bench warming every week. Decision to move on prob has been made weeks ago, yesterday just confirmed to him that this club isn't going to progress any.

I'm sure he'll happily warm their bench for twice his NUFC weekly wage.

Think you're attaching too much weight to one result by the way, especially a result that was far from certain until the 84th minute. Players will be told of transfer plans beind the scenes, they can probably make their minds up about progress based on that.

the contract he's on here is incentivised to such an extent that if he doesn't play (and score) he's on a reasonable wage. I guaran-damn-tee that he'd be on a phat base wage with additional bonuses coming his way as well. Now, as a pious man he may not be solely motivated by money, but I'm sure he'd be a lot happier to be disgruntled earning £90k than he is on £40k odd

the contract he's on here is incentivised to such an extent that if he doesn't play (and score) he's on a reasonable wage. I guaran-damn-tee that he'd be on a phat base wage with additional bonuses coming his way as well. Now, as a pious man he may not be solely motivated by money, but I'm sure he'd be a lot happier to be disgruntled earning £90k than he is on £40k odd

Must be great cherry picking other teams top players. Meanwhile NUFC busy scouring the continent looking for players with clauses in their contracts as we 'wipe our own noses'.

:dunno: Just the financial reality. We can't afford to pay top prices, top wages so we have to scout hard and find bargains. Prefer that to Martin O'Neill's "He used to be good" tactic, but yeah I'd love to see Newcastle trot off and sign Falcao for £40m

Must be great cherry picking other teams top players. Meanwhile NUFC busy scouring the continent looking for players with clauses in their contracts as we 'wipe our own noses'.

Hasn't done us too badly to be fair. We're not a wealthy club who can buy shallow success like Chelsea can.

:dunno: Just the financial reality. We can't afford to pay top prices, top wages so we have to scout hard and find bargains. Prefer that to Martin O'Neill's "He used to be good" tactic, but yeah I'd love to see Newcastle trot off and sign Falcao for £40m

Read a few Chelsea fans who say they're disappointed they'll get Ba and thus not Falcao (this window at least).

Just sums them up really.

As does this smilie:

:jesuswept:

Aye but it makes sense. If you don't have loads of money and the only reason the guy at the other side of the table is pushing for money is because up til now he's got away with it, then it behooves you to haggle.

Ashley isn't going to throw good money after bad, as Shepherd and Hall did.

I think both Ashley and S+H take/took their policies to relative extremes though. Shepherd would pay silly money for someone like Luque and would blow all our sponsorship income on Owen. Ashley/Llambias will not give into a selling club even if it's just squabbling over £0.5-2m (i.e. Lille and Debuchy in the summer).

In the long term Ashley's policy is better for the health of the club, but in the short term it's flawed.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I'll be judging them come the end of the window. Think Ba out, Debuchy in isn't a bad start. We're crying out for someone like Debuchy (or anyone that isn't on Simpson's level or worse) and Ba was always likely to leave.

Simple fact is that this will be yet another dismal window if we don't bring another striker in (we need another even if we keep Ba iyam). If Cisse gets injured/doesn't find his form... we'll have a choice of Ranger, Shola, XIsco and Adam Campbell...

Ba has been absolutely brilliant for us, but we would be silly to try to compete with Chelsea on wages. He is already the highest paid player at the club - offering him the £4.5m per year BEFORE bonuses would open the floodgates for our other players to demand similar. We just can't afford that.

However, his medical is far from a formality and it isn't completely impossible that any deal could fall through on that basis.

Expected to hear this news but it still comes as a big blow. No doubt about it, Ba has been brilliant for us. If it does go through it'll be great for both him and Chelsea in the short term, but in the summer they'll probably sign someone like Falcao and Ba will spend the rest of his career on the bench.

Time for Cisse to shine again then. And for us to somehow find a replacement for Demba. Get your coat Carr :(