Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

How can the money not be as important as the football....but also mean rooney can never do anything outside of its shadow?

Talking shite.

I never said money wasn't important. I'm sure Rooney is happy with his riches, he has worked hard to be a top footballer.

But his heart doesn't play for Man United, anyone who thinks that is talking shite.

Only one tit on this board obsessed with money mate.

Who's the spudheed in your pic?

Re. Marveaux, good to see incoming early in the transfer window. Since I know less than CT about Wor Sylvain, I'll not get "over tired" just yet.

il est impossible!

"C'est impossible" actually :blush:

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know anything of him but nice to see us working fast. Fear the outgoings though.

Or put another way

:blush:...................................... :D ........................................ :D ....................... :icon_lol:

No, he's going for the money.

But he's not tried to hold us to ransom, like Rooney did with Man United - and the knowledge that he did that will for ever taint anything he does for Man United.

Didn't he turn Liverpool down over terms? They're clearly the better option for any aspiring player.

I've no idea what happened. Don't use questions as argument.

All I know is that he hasn't tried to hold us to ransom. Man United are no different from Man City or Chelsea, after they caved in to Rooney's demands. (nothing against Rooney, he's a businessman).

I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were suggesting money isn't important, its the majestic game that's important....but what you're actually saying is money is MORE important and paying as little as possible comes before signing the best players in the world.

Gotcha

Disagree like.

I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were suggesting money isn't important, its the majestic game that's important....but what you're actually saying is money is MORE important and paying as little as possible comes before signing the best players in the world.

Gotcha

Disagree like.

Money is important to people. But not to football clubs. As long as we don't go bankrupt. Money just decides what league a club is in.

If you spend half a billion, you're in the league of Man Uniteds, Chelseas and Man Cities.

If you spend 10 million, you're in the league of us, Everton and West Brom and indeed Arsenal..

And there are many such leagues, and none is better than any other.

By that I mean that winning one doesn't make the fans feel happier than winning another.

So it doesn't matter how much money we spend, because it doesn't matter which league we're in, as regards happiness.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

Gotcha

Disagree like.

Money is important to people. But not to football clubs. Money just decides what league a club is in.

If you spend half a billion, you're in the league of Man Uniteds, Chelseas and Man Cities.

If you spend 10 million, you're in the league of us, Everton and West Brom and indeed Arsenal..

And there are many such leagues, and none is better than any other.

By that I mean that winning one doesn't make the fans feel happier than winning another.

So it doesn't matter how much money we spend, because it doesn't matter which league we're in, as regards happiness.

When did we last spend. £10m

French U21 international Marveaux hasn't kicked a ball since November 2010 after suffering a groin tear and was recently reported to have failed a medical at Liverpool. The Mail state that he was available on a free.

i'm not getting too excited about this one.

French U21 international Marveaux hasn't kicked a ball since November 2010 after suffering a groin tear and was recently reported to have failed a medical at Liverpool. The Mail state that he was available on a free.

i'm not getting too excited about this one.

I'm inclined to agree. Let's wait and see.

Anyway Nick, as you say, not about spending. Let's hope that Ba and Marveaux out perform our previous freebies . They certainly look more promising than Campbell, Kuqi, Pancrate and Gosling.

Anyway Nick, as you say, not about spending. Let's hope that Ba and Marveaux out perform our previous freebies . They certainly look more promising than Campbell, Kuqi, Pancrate and Gosling.

Well, I'm very optimistic about Ba. A little more cautious about Marveaux.

But as you imply, Up the Toon!

:blush:

Arsenal spend far more than 10 million every year.

They don't like, although depends if your talking gross (yes they do) or net (no they don't, by a distance).

Their gross spend over the last 20 years (£360Mill) averages at £18Mill per year, the Net averages only £4Mill a year, over the same 20 years (£80Mill total).

How can the money not be as important as the football....but also mean rooney can never do anything outside of its shadow?

Talking shite.

I never said money wasn't important. I'm sure Rooney is happy with his riches, he has worked hard to be a top footballer.

But his heart doesn't play for Man United, anyone who thinks that is talking shite.

Re. Marveaux, good to see incoming early in the transfer window. Since I know less than CT about Wor Sylvain, I'll not get "over tired" just yet.

il est impossible!

D'accord.

très bonne espérons que votre nettoyage des vitres se passe bien aujourd'hui

Fucking hell

Talking shite.

il est impossible!

D'accord.

très bonne espérons que votre nettoyage des vitres se passe bien aujourd'hui

Fucking hell