Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

I see Rangers owner is bleating on about them and Celtic coming to England again. Says the FA can't stop it under EU law but he wouldn't want to start in the premier league or even the championship and would rather start in the conference. Doesn't mention the reason he wouldn't want to start there is that relegation from the top two or three leagues in this country would be a bit of an embarrassment for them!

Also seems to think that every premiership game that they're involved in would be a sellout. I could maybe see this happening the first season but (not counting that they wouldn't last longer than that) after that I fail to see why the likes of Wigan would suddenly get a big crowd because they turn up!

I wouldn't want them & can't think of many who would. What right do they have? They don't deserve it - the Scottish people made their choice when they bandwaggoned round these hate filled clubs and they can suffer the consequence. Their league is crap and nobody cares.

As I've said I have respect for a couple of Scottish clubs - Aberdeen and maybe another one but I'd be strongly opposed to having the old firm rats in our league. We built our league, we made it one of the best, our crowds turned up, investment followed repeat till magically the Premier League appears - why should they get a slice? Especially with all the trouble they bring.

I see Rangers owner is bleating on about them and Celtic coming to England again. Says the FA can't stop it under EU law but he wouldn't want to start in the premier league or even the championship and would rather start in the conference. Doesn't mention the reason he wouldn't want to start there is that relegation from the top two or three leagues in this country would be a bit of an embarrassment for them!

Also seems to think that every premiership game that they're involved in would be a sellout. I could maybe see this happening the first season but (not counting that they wouldn't last longer than that) after that I fail to see why the likes of Wigan would suddenly get a big crowd because they turn up!

Apparently two clubs have offered them their places i.e. pay off the owner and wind up the existing club. It'll be a fucking crime if that happens.

As someone who goes a lot to watch Conference games... Why do they think the Conference teams and supporters would want them in? I know I wouldnt. Some teams in the league can't handle when Luton and Grimsby turn up, never mind Celtic and Rangers. Also who's place will they take? 'Sorry Stockport but we're relegating two extra teams just so these two can turn up.' Or 'Yeah Chester you've finally topped the Conference North but we're having no promotion to accommodate teams from a nation which may not even be part of Britain soon.' No, fuck off.

I'm fairly sure FIFA/UEFA wouldn't allow it tbh.

Nobody wants them and it would weaken the brand & supporters would lose what little respect they have with these scummers travelling the country.

Could they not start out in the nearest English league which is probably the North Northumberland league ( or whatever it's now called ) with Wooler and Rothbury and co.Spittal will be their derby .I'm sure Rangers will have looked at the MK Dons route.Maybe on a technicality,they could gain access by taking over Berwick.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

Could they not start out in the nearest English league which is probably the North Northumberland league ( or whatever it's now called ) with Wooler and Rothbury and co.Spittal will be their derby .I'm sure Rangers will have looked at the MK Dons route.Maybe on a technicality,they could gain access by taking over Berwick.

Have they not brought in new legislation to stop things like MK Dons happening again?

Newcastle United are a bigger club than Rangers or Celtic, historically better supported, and in no way possible inferior to either. They'd make absolutely fuck all difference to English football, the only benefit would be increased income for them as they flitter between the Premier League and Championship every few seasons, to our game as a whole there is literally no benefit.

Newcastle United are a bigger club than Rangers or Celtic, historically better supported, and in no way possible inferior to either. They'd make absolutely fuck all difference to English football, the only benefit would be increased income for them as they flitter between the Premier League and Championship every few seasons, to our game as a whole there is literally no benefit.

I'm not so sure that they would. Their squads are shite at the moment but if they had PL TV money and given that they'd be getting attendances similar to ours then I reckon they could become established PL clubs.

I'm not so sure that they would. Their squads are shite at the moment but if they had PL TV money and given that they'd be getting attendances similar to ours then I reckon they could become established PL clubs.

It's the getting to the premier league which is the problem how would their support be affected if they spent a couple of years in League two without promotion. Because there is no way on earth Celtic would hold on to their current squad if they went into the conference.

I think they probably would, but they'd be like us at best rather than "bigger en man youniteeeed" like their horrifically deluded supporters think they would. According to a pal of mine who stays in Lisburn, Man Utd and Liverpool are better supported in Ireland and Norn Iron than either of them, few in England would support them, and their individual Scottish fanbases are definitely no bigger than Newcastle's in the North of England. I don't care what anyone says there are more Newcastle fans in the North of England than Boro, Sunderland and Hartlepool put together. They're both bigots as well, their supporters in general, at least Rangers admit what they are Celtic try to hide the fact they are. Not welcome here. They're such utter tramps as well.

They wouldn't be able to cope with 3k allocations at the start - every game would see as many as came for the testimonials/tournaments turning up.

Aye for the novelty factor, we were taking 7-10000 all over the place when we first came up in 1993. They can't even sell Aberdeen and Kilmarnock out half the time.

I think they probably would, but they'd be like us at best rather than "bigger en man youniteeeed" like their horrifically deluded supporters think they would. According to a pal of mine who stays in Lisburn, Man Utd and Liverpool are better supported in Ireland and Norn Iron than either of them, few in England would support them, and their individual Scottish fanbases are definitely no bigger than Newcastle's in the North of England. I don't care what anyone says there are more Newcastle fans in the North of England than Boro, Sunderland and Hartlepool put together. They're both bigots as well, their supporters in general, at least Rangers admit what they are Celtic try to hide the fact they are. Not welcome here. They're such utter tramps as well.

Rangers don't try to hide anything show me them saying they're bigoted. I'm still to see the bigotry from Celtic?

We never claim to be the biggest support in Ireland island. But we do like to present our clubs roots.

Aye for the novelty factor, we were taking 7-10000 all over the place when we first came up in 1993. They can't even sell Aberdeen and Kilmarnock out half the time.

Eh facts wrong again, we always sell out Aberdeen and always had done killie the same but the majority shun them due to the killie board not voting to rid old rangers from spl.

Rangers don't try to hide anything show me them saying they're bigoted. I'm still to see the bigotry from Celtic?

We never claim to be the biggest support in Ireland island. But we do like to present our clubs roots.

A very quick Google throws these back.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/spl-celtic-0-hibs-0-1085527

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_ax89ge-w 2:21 in

Honestly, say that you're not as bad as you're made out to be, but don't claim innocence. Rangers and Celtic are notorious for bigotry and that kind of notoriety doesn't come out of thin air. Millwall fans don't have the gall to claim they've no hooligans, why would you claim there's not a problem with sectarianism and bigotry amongst Rangers and Celtic supporters? It's ludicrous.

Eh facts wrong again, we always sell out Aberdeen and always had done killie the same but the majority shun them due to the killie board not voting to rid old rangers from spl.

Why are thousands, (and I mean thousands) shunning Parkhead then?

First few seasons if they did come into the PL (which won't happen by the way) there would be loads of bother like. The only time I've ever had bother at a home game was when a couple of Celtic fans tried to mug me in the toilets of The Three Bulls before Pedro's testimonial. Luckily, some huge one of our lot came in and gave then a 'clip round the ear' as I;'m soft as shite.