The Andy Carroll Con

OTF

If Obertan didn't have the heart of a hamster, I don't think we'd miss him at all footballing wise. As it is I think he'd strengthen the squad as things stand. However with every fresh tweet acting the twat, I'm glad he's gone.

Once Ben Arfa is fully integrated and playing week in week out we'll definitely not miss him. I'm of the same opinion tbh his twitter escapades are just becoming worse and worse.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why has the quoting been limited to one quote? Why not 2 or 3? Now posts like mine above don't make any sense unless you go back a page.

Click on 'Multiquote'.

it's not limited to one per post, its done to three, but i stripped embedding with the quote button out to stop people quoting quoted posts (so if you did that it caught on and only inserted the last quote) so we didn't have the endless stream of them making massive threads

Fair enough. Looked like it was limited to one based on that earlier post, but my mistake.

Why has the quoting been limited to one quote? Why not 2 or 3? Now posts like mine above don't make any sense unless you go back a page.

Click on 'Multiquote'.

tumblr_ldi29ai8Cr1qd20iqo1_500.gif

• 9 months later...

How much did he look like he just didn't give a crap against us? If that can't motivate him to put the effort in then he'll never be any good. Shame.

• 5 months later...

he'd like the way we lump it forward when things get desperate. not sure he'd be loving our crosses or corners into the box.

I don't think many people do like them at the moment!

A few different sources reporting a £10mil bid to be made in the summer. Sounds like the Gabon lad is out first target but he's wanted by half of Europe

if we get him for £10m you have to say it's an excellent bit of business. it would basically amount to getting £25m in the bank for loaning him out for a couple of seasons

if we get him for £10m you have to say it's an excellent bit of business. it would basically amount to getting £25m in the bank for loaning him out for a couple of seasons

While watching his value depreciate the whole time.

Regardless of what we sold him for we'd be spending £10m on a player with both a questionable attitude and injury record best suited to a type of football that most of us don't want to see.

While watching his value depreciate the whole time.

Regardless of what we sold him for we'd be spending £10m on a player with both a questionable attitude and injury record best suited to a type of football that most of us don't want to see.

still reckon he's worth ten million. he's english for starters so his value is always going to be slightly inflated. but in the right team he will score goals, and he's more likely to do that back home imo.

not that i particulalry want him back to build a team around. just think it'll be good business.

He's worth £10million, and he'd be more motivated if he was back here.

He might work in a partnership with Cisse too - could win the knockdowns and his strength & height in the box could free up space for Cisse.

We desperately need a new striker, so bringing him back for £10m makes perfect sense. No doubt Liverpool will want to recoup their money from us though.

5 goals in 7 games compared to 1 in 12 at the start of the season.

Clearly thrives in a team playing to his strengths.

Question is whether you want to watch a team that plays to his strengths.