Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it a rest man, Jean Claude Floot de Ponce-Ponce is class. He's got lovely hair too.

:razz: To be fair he's adapted quite well. Our African free transfer Jumbo Katanga Kak Pants Jr is not doing so well though

CT whichever way you slice it by the looks of it we 've lost a PL hardened quality player at the peak of his poweres who cares about the club. For NOTHING. There's no upside to this.

Getting in Jean Claude Floot de Ponce-Ponce from some French club who hasn't a clue about English footy isn't going to compensate us in the short term. We've now let half our first team go from last season. It's madness. We'd be better off running down his contract, it's pure spite and stupidity imo.

Dont disagree which is why I said I would rather keep him.

Liking Jean Claude Floot de Ponce Ponce :razz:

Team Positive are really starting to struggle, relatively speaking of course. I'm quite sure CT and Deano have been struggling for most of their lives. Struggling big time now though.

Your so right :razz: A draw with Arsenal and a win over the mackems in their back yard has really got me in the dumps.

A win tomorrow in the cup, our best defensive start in over a hundred years possibly on Sunday........I might just begin to frown.

First post on here, so hi all

Im gutted that Joeys leavin us, only on the playing side mind because off the pitch i think hes a grade A wanker! Thanx to twitter, its bad to get that intimate with players of ur club, who u idolise only to find out they are knobs. But anyway, joeys a very good player who well miss, tho i dont think well miss him as much as some people think as we are pretty much jam packed with midfielders.

I cant help but feel that this whole twitter escapade over the summer by joey has been a set up by himself and Willy McKay, as he only set up the account after contract negotiations broke down with the club. since then i feel hes used the fans hatred of F.C.B to gain support

The second bit - for me it's also as much about him seeing what they're up to , but being contracted, and the kind of bloke he is (if to be believed with his Warrior Of Justice persona he's built for himself?) it's his way of airing some of his frustrations with the pricks and his concerns football-wise. I know im not saying nowt new with that.

But more worthy of note, is that it's him playing them at their own game - i.e. manipulating the press .

I fully expect some character assassination of him by club via the usual outlets if he shifts , whilst at same time - I don't expect him to 'blow the lid' on much if/when he does go .

In advance of whatever transpires, I'd wager it will be same old shite, in that nobody is able to draw a finite conclusion as to what the real story was, given the amount of unmittigated shite being dolled out by both sides.

As we've seen too many times before during Ashley's Reign Of Confusion .

ive also read i think it was on some website about pardew struggling to get pieters that nile ranger could also be out the door i mean seriously wtf man where selling more players than bringing in fucking ashley you cunt

Unrepentant, I've got a shrinks number for faltering memory. A certain flashback will cast you back to Bartons significant leadership against Arsenal, ironically it's Pardrew's second biggest highlight, a bomb for team positive to regurgitate. I guess it's the same pill Nolan accepted and erm,whoever else shit...

Someone lock Deano in a stimulus free room

Not anymore - removed - forgot about you Aussie lads!

However the same picture is in the Belta Minge thread.

Tom, during your nocturnal sanitising operations I'd like to point out that Deadaz looks a bit exposed with the quotes left once the tittypics had been omitted .

I'm telling me Mam on y .

Team Positive are really starting to struggle, relatively speaking of course. I'm quite sure CT and Deano have been struggling for most of their lives. Struggling big time now though.

Your so right :razz: A draw with Arsenal and a win over the mackems in their back yard has really got me in the dumps.

A win tomorrow in the cup, our best defensive start in over a hundred years possibly on Sunday........I might just begin to frown.

You truly are a total fuckwit CT, we have a team without a proper left back or decent striker and have now lost a class midfielder to another Premiership team for fuck all and you post smug drivel like that. Wanker.

Not anymore - removed - forgot about you Aussie lads!

However the same picture is in the Belta Minge thread.

Thanks, I hasn't realised :razz:

Cleanup aisle 4!

Rather kept him than lost him, particularly for free, but a lot of melodramatics creeping in tonight.

This time last year, most on here didnt really rate Barton which tbf, is understandable given his previous three years at the club. I did rate him and earmarked last August as being the player of the season.

Imo last year was probably his golden period. He has Carrol to aim his excellent passing at and because of Nolans weaknesses in midfield, Bartons midfield abilities were able to shine.

This year we have no Carrol and we do have Cabaye. Even a big Barton fan such as myself could see a scenario where you had to wonder how inflential his role would be this year. Sure when we are up against it his tenacious harassing is worth it, but what about his attacking play?

Those long balls to carrol dont work with others. Are we happy to have a central midfielder sitting out there when we could have an attacking winger carrying the ball down the field like Jonas and delivering killer balls into the box.

Would the Jonas fans prefer to get rid of Jonas on the left and replace him with a Barton type player?

We have all moaned about the lack of creative..... will a more attack minded winger help?

Can Gosling play out there? Will Obertan make it his?

Lots of questions that the next few games will answer but the reaction to Barton is overkill imo. Gutted he's gone, but lets see what happens next, on the pitch.

'Barton's passes don't work with others.' Why not? Hey, why not get another striker in???? Revolutionary, I know, but maybe it's something the powers that be may just consider?

'..an attacking winger....delivering killer balls into the box.' Who to? Hey, why not get another striker in???? Revolutionary, I know, but maybe it's something the powers that be may just consider?

'...carrying the ball down the field like Jonas and delivering killer balls into the box.' This, I'm afraid, just does not compute. Jonas? Killer balls into the box?

I fully recognise that Barton has managed to manufacture this possible departure through his tweetings, and I honestly believe an organisation can't tolerate one of their employees doing such a thing. But letting him go for fuck all? Very strange.