Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's unfollowed all the Newcastle players on twitter. What a prick.

Not sure if serious.

If true though, then we're better off without him. That's the lowest of the low.

:wub: Yeah his twitter etiquette is appalling.

Shagging kids is the lowest of the low. Unfriending people on social networks...not so much.

This is no laughing matter. How would you like it if he unfriended you?

I blame the player who said he'd only go to a top four club, who said he wanted to stay, who said he'd see off the rest of his £3m per year contract.

Not sure if serious.

If true though, then we're better off without him. That's the lowest of the low.

Shagging kids is the lowest of the low. Unfriending people on social networks...not so much.

You are such a prick, seriously.

Said it for ages; I don't blame one player that leaves NUFC in its current state.

Unless you're a charva from Gateshead who said you wanted to spend the rest of your days playing for the club that you love - who then fucked off when he couldn't get pay rise on the new contract he'd only signed 3 months previous. :wub:

Not sure if serious.

Reported.

Not sure if serious.

Ah, wasn't aware that I'm the only one not allowed to joke about it.

Said it for ages; I don't blame one player that leaves NUFC in its current state.

Unless you're a charva from Gateshead who said you wanted to spend the rest of your days playing for the club that you love - who then fucked off when he couldn't get pay rise on the new contract he'd only signed 3 months previous. :wub:

Aye, whey, there's always the odd arsehole.

Not sure if serious.

Ah, wasn't aware that I'm the only one not allowed to joke about it.

There was a memo, we sent a memo.

It's one thing on twitter, that's small-fry. Taking it to facebook is a whole different level, he'll never step foot in newcastle again if he knows what's good for him.

If he unfriends Shola on myspace, he's dead to me.

Guest Your Name Here

And here was me thinking twitbook was just a silly online fad.

It amazes me when people get angry with players who want away from SJP. Apart from the support we have fuck all to offer.

Update:

R's offer tempts Barton

Having been granted permission by Newcastle to speak with QPR over a possible transfer, Joey Barton travelled by train to London on Wednesday for talks - bizarrely accompanied by a Sky Sports News reporter.

Notwithstanding the fact that he hasn't been offered a contract yet by United taking him past next summer and remains on the transfer list, if the prospect of life in Shepherds Bush (or Stoke) is really that appealing, then he might want to take a long hard look at himself.

Barton's departure puts yet more pressure on Alan Pardew - amid continued uncertainty over further departures in the next week.

It remains to be seen whether the manager has the brass neck to speak publicly about replacing Barton, given the issues he has in acquiring a left back and a striker - and that's not even getting into the debate about the quality of his close-season signings.

For Barton to walk away and join a club of QPR's stature though is a smack in the face for Newcastle supporters - regardless of whether you blame him or Ashley/Llambias.

The squad as it currently stands will win less games and collect less points without him. If Wolves and Blackpool can be charged by the FA for fielding deliberately weakened teams, can we be held to account for giving away a pivotal squad member to a rival club and thus increasing our chances of relegation?

The thing about Barton is he really does give it the "great fans" shite all the time...it is naiive to think he was going to stay after being given a "get of jail free card" by the fools at the top but he said in May when he had the rug pulled from underneath him in the negotiations that he'd stay to the end of his contract.

Things have changed, but he fuckin engineered it himself if you ask me by attacking the club on twitter.Barton and his agent knew that was going to end with the club getting rid of him. He and Mckay probably thought someone would come in with a 2 or 3 mill bid for the last year of his contract. But the "businessmen" have let a transfer fee slip through their hands and given him the perfect oppurtunity to stay onside with the fans. I just don't buy it tbh. He wanted out this summer, not next after saying in public the opposite. In some ways I can't blame him at all, but its down to the player himself and his agent. Bottom line is he is needed here this season.

He's highly unlikely to be replaced because we have two free transfers and a youth team graduate who may be able to fill his boots but all three have question marks about their fitness. It may all work out fine, one of Gosling, Merveux or Vukic may be step up and do brilliantly. But its just another massive gamble yet again by Ashley. And he's lost out on a transfer fee because he's been fuckin played for a fool (no surpise there) by Barton and Mckay iyam.

Notwithstanding the fact that he hasn't been offered a contract yet by United taking him past next summer and remains on the transfer list, if the prospect of life in Shepherds Bush (or Stoke) is really that appealing, then he might want to take a long hard look at himself.

Sanctimonious bollocks as usual.

Well....im not suprised by this nor am i too moved by it either.

Of course i'd like him to stay. He was one of our best players last year but with only a year left i cant blame the lad for looking at what he is gonna get offered anywhere else. Its his perogitive to do so and i think most of us would too. He openly hates our ownership and he has a chance to get out.

If he goes then it is a loss, the fault of the board, but im pretty sure we will get by just fine. No actuall need to replace him in my opinion.

Jonas, Marveaux, Obertan and Gosling can play there but i'd be happy gettin Jonas on the right with Marveaux on the left.

It WOULDNT be the end of the world if Barton leaves.

Plus its 75kpw off the books. That could release funds to make better offers for either Pieters or Cissoko.