Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

Can see the new owner wanting a big signing too.

Aye, good point, statement of intent and all that.

Imagine the spiel they'll be feeding him, exactly what he was been complaining is missing here. They only need to read a few of his tweets to know what to say.

They'll be able to feed him the same story we used to sell players in Keegans first time as manager (ie a club on the up, new owers, ambition). Exactly the kind of things we can't sell to anyone any more.

We are a depressing fucking mess of a club now :wub:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any more french midfielders without clubs at the minute?

He's doing his song of the day on Twitter right now, can't decide whether he's being cryptic or not.

:wub:

What is it?

London Calling?

50 Ways to Leave Your Lover?

Another one bites the dust (Queen)

Hi Ho Silver?

Just had me mate on the phone who's views are similar to CT's his argument is let him go because he's saying we've got 16 people who can play MIDFIELD, and had the cheek to include Perch, Smith and Donaldson. That's a knowledgable mate of mine who's actually a really good lad, so if someone as level headed as him can come out with that, it's nee wonder there's so many wanks out there starting to stand up for this fucking regime. As I said to him quality not quantity.

The one minor benefit of him leaving is that he'll have a chance to be even more outspoken against Ashley and Llabias, and might shed some more light on what we already know is a shit situation. Still, would be gutted if he actually goes.

Sky Sports News has been claiming breaking news that Joey Barton has permission to talk to QPR. Now this isn't really news as Joey can speak to anyone he likes because he has been given the option of a free transfer.

However, if he were to move to QPR it would actually make more sense then you may initially think.

They have a new rich owner willing to invest in the team, he can get himself the 5 year contract he wants, he can get wages of at least £50k with this new rich owner, he will probably be given the captaincy, he will get to play in the Premier League still which if he were to go to West Ham he would obviously be dropping down a league, which he isn't going to do. So it all actually makes sense the more you think about it.

None of the top teams want him and interest in him since the free transfer revelations hasn't exactly been smoking.

Its also worth noting that Joey Barton has not been included in the squad that will travel down to Scunthorpe because of apparently a 'slight foot injury'. Now if anyone knows anything about pending transfers, fake injuries and being left out of squads is the norm. Also, worryingly adds to the fire of this rumour.

If history has taught us anything, then if our Captain Kevin Nolan can go to West Ham then Joey Barton can go to QPR.....especially when he has a Fat Man and his croney literally pushing him out the door!

I hope it's all bollocks, but with NUFC you just never know!

Sky Sports News has been claiming breaking news that Joey Barton has permission to talk to QPR. Now this isn't really news as Joey can speak to anyone he likes because he has been given the option of a free transfer.

However, if he were to move to QPR it would actually make more sense then you may initially think.

They have a new rich owner willing to invest in the team, he can get himself the 5 year contract he wants, he can get wages of at least £50k with this new rich owner, he will probably be given the captaincy, he will get to play in the Premier League still which if he were to go to West Ham he would obviously be dropping down a league, which he isn't going to do. So it all actually makes sense the more you think about it.

None of the top teams want him and interest in him since the free transfer revelations hasn't exactly been smoking.

Its also worth noting that Joey Barton has not been included in the squad that will travel down to Scunthorpe because of apparently a 'slight foot injury'. Now if anyone knows anything about pending transfers, fake injuries and being left out of squads is the norm. Also, worryingly adds to the fire of this rumour.

If history has taught us anything, then if our Captain Kevin Nolan can go to West Ham then Joey Barton can go to QPR.....especially when he has a Fat Man and his croney literally pushing him out the door!

I hope it's all bollocks, but with NUFC you just never know!

I agree with most of that, but the fact is he said less than 4 weeks ago he'd go no where unless a CL club came in for him, so we'll see if he's a man of his word, and to be fair regardless of all his problems, he's never told a public lie yet.

"I don't think people care about the competition," said Warnock, noting the crowd of 4,775 at Loftus Road.

For last nights 2-0 league cup defeat against Rochdale.

Be gutted if he goes but Ive been saying for a while though that despite Pardews public displays of affection for Barton, I think he would prefer another Marveaux type player (Barnetta?) on the right wing.

Think his dream is to have have two fast pacey wingers creating boatloads of opportunities for..............Ooops.

Be gutted if he goes but Ive been saying for a while though that despite Pardews public displays of affection for Barton, I think he would prefer another Marveaux type player (Barnetta?) on the right wing.

Think his dream is to have have two fast pacey wingers creating boatloads of opportunities for..............Ooops.

Can you explain the similarities between Marveaux & Barnetta?

No, he can't :wub:

No idea hence the ? No nowt about him.

Then WTF are you rabbiting on about, CT?

Considering nobody has seen Marveaux play, how can he even be considered a replacement for one of the best midfielders in the country?

I, rambling about the style of play that Pardew wants and my opinion that He would prefer to play with two attacking wingers rather than the style of play that Barton plays. Just an opinion though so try to keep calm. :wub: