The Great British riots

Gene_Clark

From the BBC

1417: Tory MP Mark Pawsey calls for help for owners of damaged vehicles who only have third-party insurance. Mr Cameron replies that uninsured businesses affected by the riots are getting help.

I don't agree with this at all. If they had 3PF&T then surely they're covered. If they '3rd party only' cover then surely this is a financial decision they made and they should deal with the consequences?

I doubt criminal damage is covered under 3PF&T. Inclined to agree with you about the 3rd party point though-you take a pretty obvious risk when you go with the absolute scantest form of insurance cover.

Easy for you to say with your company car mind. :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Dave's had a nice holiday and now no one is talking about Coulson/Brooks having tea parties with him and Samantha.

Very good point that. On a personal level, I'll bet he's immeasurably happier dealing with the current crisis than he was about the last one, to the extent that, media soundbites aside he's actually glad it happened.

Paddy & Murphy joined in the looting Argos on Monday. They are still waiting at collection point C.....

They broke into Ladbrokes and both lost £50 each!

They broke into McDonalds and cooked their own food!

Oh wait - that actually happened. :lol:

Did it? :icon_lol:

Well, Dave's had a nice holiday and now no one is talking about Coulson/Brooks having tea parties with him and Samantha.

Very good point that. On a personal level, I'll bet he's immeasurably happier dealing with the current crisis than he was about the last one, to the extent that, media soundbites aside he's actually glad it happened.

Aye, the rhetoric was flowing like champagne / diarrhoea (take your pick tbh) last night. Broken Britain³ from now on no doubt. What went on was a disgrace but we're essentially talking about a minute minority involved, even in the areas where it happened.

It's a chance for all polititians to garner some public support with a crisis that requires a bipartisan response; a chance they'll all be glad of given the scandals of late. I thought the Coulson/NI scandal was gaining so much momentum it would be the defining moment of Dave's premiership. That could still be the case, depending on the outcome of the legal proceedings; for now, it's forgotten about. Let's not forget the Met were involved in that too, personally I'm pretty certain more than one of the higher-ups were corrupt, having seen them questioned by committee. I'm not sure what the public response is to the police after the riots: it seems split between anger and frustration at the inability to stamp them out quickly, but also calls for them to have more support and more powers to deal with such instances, after highly publicized criticisms following Menezes/G20.

Not to take away from the efforts to help communities recover from this.

Paddy & Murphy joined in the looting Argos on Monday. They are still waiting at collection point C.....

On the first night when it was just Tottenham, apparently, aye. :lol: Don't think it was ever reported anywhere 100% reliable, but I like to think it's true just because why would you make it up? :D

I was as guilty as the next man for scoffing at twitter (Twatter etc.) when it was starting up, but it's bloody good when shit like this is going down. I hardly watched any of it on the news channels where the same pieces of video are recycled interminably for 24 hours a day.

Me too, best website on the internet by a mile if you sort through the many mugs and add the right people.

I very rarely even use the website tbh, browser add-ons and apps all the way.

I was as guilty as the next man for scoffing at twitter (Twatter etc.) when it was starting up, but it's bloody good when shit like this is going down. I hardly watched any of it on the news channels where the same pieces of video are recycled interminably for 24 hours a day.

Me too, best website on the internet by a mile if you sort through the many mugs and add the right people.

Ah aye me too, app I meant "app" yeez younguns. You knew what I meant.

On the first night when it was just Tottenham, apparently, aye. :lol: Don't think it was ever reported anywhere 100% reliable, but I like to think it's true just because why would you make it up? :D

:D

Mind, on a serious note, despite all the wailing about the materialistic nature of the looting (clothes, trainers, tv's, phones etc.) all I've seen is people laughing at the fact these kids are stealing food, rather than worrying about it. It's obviously very funny that they'd steal crisps from the pound shop and cook themselves burgers in Maccy D's, but jesus wept...they're hungry kids looting a meal for themselves, if it was happening in Somalia we'd send aid shipments.

On the other hand, that lass with the crisps was a fat cow, she can't have been missing many meals.

The McDonald's story is balls unless it was somebody who works in mcdonalds doing it. it would be near impossible for a random dude to start up all our machines.

The McDonald's story is balls unless it was somebody who works in mcdonalds doing it. it would be near impossible for a random dude to start up all our machines.

'Hmmmm, what's this on/off button do?'

Ah aye me too, app I meant "app" yeez younguns. You knew what I meant.

Honestly I didn't, I know a lot of people who just use it from the actual website (which seems a bit inefficient).

Meanwhile, heartening to see Cameron vowing to clamp down on "social media", that evil and nebulous entity that allowed people to find out whether they were safe to leave their houses or not, communicated local information more efficiently than traditional news sources, helped people to organise voluntary clean-up operations and is still helping to identify criminals (while the latter were busy using the non-social-media Blackberry messenger system to arrange their next targets). How is that politicians (of all hues) can be so clueless about this kind of thing? I realise Modern Technology is a daunting thing if you're cut off from the real world in a Westminster bubble, but these people are supposed to have advisors at least.

Aye, what are the odds of any of the under- and unemployed young people involved in the riots having any experience in the heady world of the entry-level-wage fast food industry? :lol:

Nah bluds, i dont even know how to turn them on. Probably because our shop is 24/7 and they don't get turned off....

but its actually difficult.. they wouldn't of had the keys for the freezers to get fries etc.

Meanwhile, heartening to see Cameron vowing to clamp down on "social media", that evil and nebulous entity that allowed people to find out whether they were safe to leave their houses or not, communicated local information more efficiently than traditional news sources, helped people to organise voluntary clean-up operations and is still helping to identify criminals (while the latter were busy using the non-social-media Blackberry messenger system to arrange their next targets). How is that politicians (of all hues) can be so clueless about this kind of thing? I realise Modern Technology is a daunting thing if you're cut off from the real world in a Westminster bubble, but these people are supposed to have advisors at least.

From what I heard they were referring to the use of social media to glorify gang culture, ie vids of knives and weapons on youtube/facebook and all that malarky. Just to be specific.

From what I heard they were referring to the use of social media to glorify gang culture, ie vids of knives and weapons on youtube/facebook and all that malarky. Just to be specific.

I freely admit I'm going from news reports etc. here rather than the first-hand statements, so I hope it was as specific and targeted as that and I can merrily eat my words. I haven't had lunch yet. Failing that I'll just loot Kevin's Maccy D's.

From the BBC

1417: Tory MP Mark Pawsey calls for help for owners of damaged vehicles who only have third-party insurance. Mr Cameron replies that uninsured businesses affected by the riots are getting help.

I don't agree with this at all. If they had 3PF&T then surely they're covered. If they '3rd party only' cover then surely this is a financial decision they made and they should deal with the consequences?

I doubt criminal damage is covered under 3PF&T. Inclined to agree with you about the 3rd party point though-you take a pretty obvious risk when you go with the absolute scantest form of insurance cover.

Fella at work reckons that under the 'riot act' any costs for damage incurred should be footed by the police.

From the BBC

Fella at work reckons that under the 'riot act' any costs for damage incurred should be footed by the police.

Heard summat similar. Not the Riot Act itself (the famous one which gives the various powers to the authorities in the circumstances) but some antiquated piece of civil recovery legislation, the Riot (Damages) Act.

Same end result though, if certain police forces get stung for it the government will only end up having to make some emergency funding available=taxpayers foot the bill.

From the BBC

It will be.

Same end result though, if certain police forces get stung for it the government will only end up having to make some emergency funding available=taxpayers foot the bill.

Which is why these cunts who have done the damage should have their benefits stripped off them and forced to help with the clean up F.O.C!