Scunthorpe United v Newcastle United

CleeToonFan

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vukic looks like he is slower than Lee Clark

Aye I was thinking that. He knocked the ball past their centre half at one point and looked like he was running in wellies to get past him.

We've known that for two years. Still Zidane was never the quickest....

All in all we were on a hiding to nothing, but it was embarrassingly shite at times. I don't know how blood pumps round Best's body, cos he's got nee heart, he trundles round looking depressed, he's never going to do it here, and all the comments of people saying he's good back up, he's not he's totally wank. Look at that half volley, at least 30% of us on here would've hit the target. Bubba, I mean Ba, looks like he'd be better off on taht fuckin shrimp boat, but two games in, he'll need time to settle. There was no pattern to our play for long periods, long ball pish to Best who wins about 1 in 10 in the air, and our best chance of scoring at times seemed like set pieces.

Our fans, what a bunch of bell ends abusing a little town, and a small clubs support, at least they fuckin gan to support their local club. Half of wors tonight will be wanks will be from places like Hartlepool, Blyth and Carlisle.

All in all pathetic.

A lot of poor signs particularly in relation to Gosling.

Can't agree with that at all, he's hardly had any game time. Ba has less excuses, although I would say that the service to him was generally poor (got better when he went off).

That moment of magic aside, that was 120 minutes of utter, utter dirge. I expect we'll hear loads of shite now from Pardew and his mouthpieces on here about team spirit or squad depth or some crap, but that was desperate. Papering over the cracks isn't even in it.

Bit harsh, Scunthorpe were decent and really put their all into it. As a game it was great entertainment. As a performance things were much better (but far, far from perfect) after Vuckic and Ameobi came on. We shouldn't be needing to wait for a League 1 side to tire to start controlling the match.

Edited by Tecato

How fucking bad is Ba looking? He makes Best look good (until Best gets the ball and you realise how bad he is too).

unless we sign someone decent or Vukic and Sammi make the grade (which I'm certain they won't this season in any significant way at least) we are going to have serious problems scoring goals.

Guest Your Name Here
Abysmal first half, entertaining from then on. Krul had a fantastic game, kept us in it in particular with that save from the Coloccini deflection.

A lot of poor signs particularly in relation to Gosling and Ba. Best scored a legitimate goal but was extremely wasteful otherwise. Lovenkrands was at best ok in tiny spells but otherwise was anonymous out there. Marveaux had a go and will really benefit from having other attack minded players inside him to work off - I'm thinking HBA there. Vuckic and in particular Sameobi looked dangerous when they came on, not afraid to take on their players then put dangerous balls into the area.

Hungry kids with bags of energy against knackered lower league plodders, not the best basis for assessing their quality.

That said, we saw three of our first team strikers in action against the same defence and a kid with matchsticks for legs looked a million times better than any of them.

Overall. Shit.

Our fans, what a bunch of bell ends abusing a little town, and a small clubs support, at least they fuckin gan to support their local club. Half of wors tonight will be wanks will be from places like Hartlepool, Blyth and Carlisle.

All in all pathetic.

Leave it, cunt.

1st half we were absolutely shite!

Gosling had two chances and missed and his overall play was poor. Backwards and sideways. Vuckic made a real difference when he came on. The lad looks good! Was through pre-season as well. I hope Cabaye gets the praise he deserves tonight because he was quality through out.

Great strikes from Sameobi and Raylor but MOTM cleary was Tim Krul. Absolutely outstanding tonight. Young Van Der Sar.

Lessons to be learned from tonight. But alot of positives too, all coming in the seconf half.

A nice home draw on Saturday would be good. Gives the young lads another run out.

Lets have Fulham at the weekend and then a nice break!

Well done lads. :icon_lol:

Guest Your Name Here
How fucking bad is Ba looking? He makes Best look good (until Best gets the ball and you realise how bad he is too).

unless we sign someone decent or Vukic and Sammi make the grade (which I'm certain they won't this season in any significant way at least) we are going to have serious problems scoring goals.

We’ve scored one goal from open play in three competitive games (and that was in extra time against a knackered div1 side) and if we sign a left back our top scorer will be out of the team.

The lack of a decent striker is a big part of the problem but our overall play has been woeful... no sign of Pardew’s possession based play anywhere. We spent most of this game hoofing long balls at the front men.

All in all pathetic.

Leave it, cunt.

Leave what? I'd never leave it if I was a heroin addict, best place in the NE to get it apparently.

We’ve scored one goal from open play in three competitive games (and that was in extra time against a knackered div1 side) and if we sign a left back our top scorer will be out of the team.

The lack of a decent striker is a big part of the problem but our overall play has been woeful... no sign of Pardew’s possession based play anywhere. We spent most of this game hoofing long balls at the front men.

Yeah I was thinking that too although I think the lack of decent options for passes going forward is a major factor in this. Lovenkrands on the right didn't help either.

Hey ho, at least we won...

Yes we did, but not in a convincing way, it wasn't too enjoyable to watch and I could have done without the extra 30 minutes.

I have serious doubts about Pardieu's capabilities as a manager in utilizing the players he has available in house for a cup game. WHY did he not give Ferguson a run out? Ferguson is a left-sided player yet he chose to go with out of position Raylor who has scored a couple of goals from set pieces but has not shown any indication of being a capable left back. Is this an omen that Pardieu is not looking for a left back?

All in all pathetic.

Leave it, cunt.

Leave what? I'd never leave it if I was a heroin addict, best place in the NE to get it apparently.

Good comeback. :icon_lol:

Staggeringly over on online they're actually praising Best. Have things gotten so bad that this appalling excuse for a premiership player is classed a good.

With the possible exception of Ben Arfa we must have the worst strikers in the league.

Guest Your Name Here

Yeah I was thinking that too although I think the lack of decent options for passes going forward is a major factor in this. Lovenkrands on the right didn't help either.

True, but it’s a team game and I haven’t been able to identify any kind of game plan or tactics in our three matches so far. Does anybody have any idea what kind of team Pardew is trying to build?

Also think the hype about Cabaye is starting to look just that. He’s a tidy player but there’s been few signs there’s much to his game. Jack of all trades and a master of none.

Guest Your Name Here
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Here’s hoping he’s not the next Nile Ranger.

Just back from the pub and all that really matters is that we are in the hat for the next round.

Some dismal performances from Ba and Best, promising performances from Cabaye, Marveaux and Vuckic.

A little disappointed with Gosling

And Krul fucking brilliant.

Overall a pretty shit performance, particularly from the two front men. Hopefully Ashley was watching and the penny droppped.

Overall a pretty shit performance, particularly from the two front men. Hopefully Ashley was watching and the penny droppped.

I think a penny is more than he was planning to spend :icon_lol:

Just back from the pub and all that really matters is that we are in the hat for the next round.

Some dismal performances from Ba and Best, promising performances from Cabaye, Marveaux and Vuckic.

A little disappointed with Gosling

And Krul fucking brilliant.

Fucking hell I completely agree

Edited by David Kelly

Also think the hype about Cabaye is starting to look just that. He's a tidy player but there's been few signs there's much to his game. Jack of all trades and a master of none.

For fuck's sake. Besides, aren't you the guy who wrote him off after 80 minutes against Arsenal?

IMO.

Krul was very good and saved our arse on more than one occasion.

Wilson (oops Simpson) was poor, we need a better right back.

Williamson not on long enough to assess.

Saylor was OK but can be Bramblesque on occasion.

Colo was muy bien.

Cabaye is formidable, I think we have a winner in him.

Marveau looked rusty he may turn out to be a good one after some playing time.

Gosling didn't shine like the star he's supposed to be.

Lovenkrad, he was there, wasn't he?

Ba humbug.

Best be forgotten.