Modibo Maiga

DragonFilet

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't seem to fit with what we need (a pacy goalscorer) or what or what our policy is supposed to be (young and cheap). So from that point of view we'll probably sign him!

You seem to be under the impression that we have some sort of plan. :wub:

He doesn't seem to fit with what we need (a pacy goalscorer) or what or what our policy is supposed to be (young and cheap). So from that point of view we'll probably sign him!

You seem to be under the impression that we have some sort of plan. :wub:

I think we do. It's got nowt to do with football mind :blush:

News in the Maiga saga

tomwfootball Tom Williams

by CaulkinTheTimes

L'Equipe reporting that Newcastle have given up on Modibo Maiga and turned their attentions to Brest's Nolan Roux, who will cost €8 million.

Basically they just moved on to another French club, and are apparently offering more, than what the did for Maiga in the first place. :razz:

News in the Maiga saga

tomwfootball Tom Williams

by CaulkinTheTimes

L'Equipe reporting that Newcastle have given up on Modibo Maiga and turned their attentions to Brest's Nolan Roux, who will cost €8 million.

Basically they just moved on to another French club, and are apparently offering more, than what the did for Maiga in the first place. :razz:

And guess what, Roux earlier in the transfer window went on strike to enforce a transfer to Schalke...

:razz: Some scouting network we have.

Remember the faith some people had in it before the transfer window started?

Now it just looks a total shambles

I admit I had me hopes but its unravelling like a some goon that's never been abroad trying to order a few beers but can't speak the language, don't have the correct currency, won't pay the price on the menu, tries to pinch a bit from the pump, has the shits, its too hot and they're sweating, theyve lost their passport and theyre bungling about trying the same thing in every bar but the pubwatch scheme has alerted everyone to keep an eye out for this well-oiled machine ..

A hatful of arseholes.

Think the scouting was fine. It's the ones who then say yay or nay and fuck the negotiations who have spoilt this window....... so far.

Some of the supposed targets appear fine additions.

Think the scouting was fine. It's the ones who then say yay or nay and fuck the negotiations who have spoilt this window....... so far.

Thats what I mean, whats the point in scouting them if theres no intention of buying any of them

Oh aye, I hear we were after Messi and Ronaldo too. Its nee fucking use scouting players that have no desire to come to us. Anyone on here could do that

Thats what I mean, whats the point in scouting them if theres no intention of buying any of them

Whereas I meant we're going after players purely on the basis they've spat the dummy out to get a move, presumably because we view them as potential bargains.

Playing for sochaux tonight in europa league

That's him cup tied then, no way we'll be in for him now as we'll need him for our champions league fix... viewing parties.

according to our local media Maiga might be on his way to Newcastle after all. The fact we got humiliated in the uefa cup yesterday maybe means that our chairman doesnt rely on him anymore . I can safely say he wont be in my premiership fantasy league team this season.

according to our local media Maiga might be on his way to Newcastle after all. The fact we got humiliated in the uefa cup yesterday maybe means that our chairman doesnt rely on him anymore . I can safely say he wont be in my premiership fantasy league team this season.

Because he's shit, or because you dislike him?

My point was more (like with pieters who was supposedly signing today but played for 90mins last night for psv again)

If a player is about to be sold for millions of £'s they don't tend to risk playing them and scupper it with picking up a knock

Arsenal and Nasri?

I take your point, like. Clutching at straws here.

Because he's shit, or because you dislike him?

well i liked him up to 2 weeks ago when he decided to act like like a spoiled brat, showing absolutely no respect to the club. As i mentioned before you ll get a decent striker but dont expect a drogba neither, he wouldnt have scored 15 goals for us last season if it wasnt for martin's assists and also his partnership with brown.

My point was more (like with pieters who was supposedly signing today but played for 90mins last night for psv again)

If a player is about to be sold for millions of £'s they don't tend to risk playing them and scupper it with picking up a knock

Arsenal and Nasri?

I take your point, like. Clutching at straws here.

Aye fair point but with him I think they had very very little choice in that matter though, Getting into the CL is worth millions in itself,let alone the draw it gives to players they would be looking at to replace Nasri, and with all the injuries and suspensions they couldn't really get out of not playing him.

Nasri never played in europe he played against liverpool.

Guest Your Name Here

The football fraternity must be wising up to NUFC’s tactics in the transfer market by now, with the trio of complaints lodged against the club in the last two weeks possibly being an indication that selling clubs aren’t going to be intimidated by NUFC’s ‘balls of steel’ approach to negation.

I think it’s getting to the point where NUFC will have to pay the market rate or not get anyone in, regardless of whether or not the player goes on strike. We’re making too many enemies. Screwing NUFC will be seen as fair game.

We’re making too many enemies. Screwing NUFC will be seen as fair game.

Ashley doesn't get it into his thick skull that being a disrespectful dick far too many times ain't gonna be very lucrative after certain amounts of time. He doesn't seem to know he's digging his own grave as businessman.

Sochaux have confirmed that Newcastle have moved for Modibo Maiga while they are in 'advanced' talks for Leeds United's Max Gradel.

The Magpies have been tracking the Mali international throughout the summer and are believed to have offered €8million (£7m) to secure his signature.

Sochaux chairman Alexander Lacombe is against losing one of the club's brightest talents as he looks keep the team as competitive as possible.

However, he has hinted the 23-year-old could depart should a replacement be found and the club are hopeful of landing talented winger Gradel.

Ready

Gradel is an Ivory Coast international and Leeds are ready to accept a transfer fee now rather than lose his services for free next summer when his deal expires.

The former Leicester City man has excelled since moving to Elland Road and is believed to be open to joining Sochaux in order to further his career.

"There has been an offer from them (Newcastle)," confirmed Lacombe. "But my goal is to maintain a competitive team.

"I won't sell Modibo without having found a replacement.

"We hope to finalise the deal," Lacombe added on Gradel. "It's a deal which is at an advanced stage."

Come on you fuckers.... :D :D :icon_lol:

I love getting excited about signings Ive never heard of. :D