Modibo Maiga

DragonFilet

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the deal sorted out early so he can cover for Ba when he's away to ACN.

Oh wait, he's off to it as well. <_<

If he is deemed better (by the management/scouting team) than some alternative who isn't in the ACN I'd rather have him and lose him for a little while, lets face it, it's unlikely Mali will be out there for long and his signing isn't just about January.

And the following January too.

If he is deemed better (by the management/scouting team) than some alternative who isn't in the ACN I'd rather have him and lose him for a little while, lets face it, it's unlikely Mali will be out there for long and his signing isn't just about January.

So what would you want, the better player who happens to be African, or a not quite so good non-African? (I accept the level of "being good" is in the judgement of the scouts etc).

Personally I'd take the better player, even if you lose him for 6 weeks every year.

No it's every 2 years IIRC.

No it's every 2 years IIRC.

it is next year too though Ewerk is right, not sure why but the schedule recently and in future is

2017 etc etc

demba, cheick, maiga, abeid, fuck...we need to play with the likes of perch, loven and shola for a month, I see no EURO comp for all the fuckin african nation of cups

Abeid hasn't played and we have not even signed Maiga yet

:glare:

Be interesting to see what formation we intend to play if we sign this chap.

I assume will just be him and Ba up front. Not sure where that leaves Arfa who hasnt been getting much time anyway. Personally Id like to see how he faired on the wing. Maybe on the left with Jonas moved to the right. Not sure he drops back as much as Jonas though so that maybe could only happen if we had a new LB.

I assume will just be him and Ba up front. Not sure where that leaves Arfa who hasnt been getting much time anyway. Personally Id like to see how he faired on the wing. Maybe on the left with Jonas moved to the right. Not sure he drops back as much as Jonas though so that maybe could only happen if we had a new LB.

Could be he drops down to the midfield in a playmaking role if Tiote gets sold, and Cabaye is set to a much deeper role.

Be a bit of a waste of Cabaye that but wouldn't be a bad pairing, he has the chance to do it against Swansea

Could be he drops down to the midfield in a playmaking role if Tiote gets sold, and Cabaye is set to a much deeper role.

Providing we keep hold of Tiote and we sign a left back who doesn't need looking after I think Guthrie's form in the middle has allowed Pardew to seriously think about going down the 433/451 route. Big man in Ba or Shola up top, Maiga/HBA/Jonas/Obertan ( :glare:) all capable of playing alongside either of them in a front three with Cabaye/Tiote/Guthrie/Gosling/Abeid vying for the three places in the middle.

Edited by Ketsbaia

This guy looks good. I would prefer we were looking at defensive reinforcements as more of a priority though since we'll probably be playing one up front in the long run with Ben Arfa in the side. Although he may be able to play wide which sounds promising.

Tiote is as good as sold for me by the way.

So how much of the Carroll money is left now then?

Maiga £7m

Obertan £3m

Tiote £3.5m

Ben Arfa £5m

Agents fee's £6m

Signing on fee's £???

That's presuming Enrique and Nolan went for the same as we paid out for Santon and Cabaye.

Anyone else missing off the list?

Edited by Baggio