Andy Carroll

KeithJ

I wish him all the best doing what he likes too, he's just playing for liverpool anyway. Just take their money and do an Alan Smith my good lad. You can take football seriously when the contract expires, fuck around for now. :drinks:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were fucking mental to spend 35 mil on him just like Chelsea were for paying 50 mil for Torres.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got loaned out soon then sold at a big loss(applies to both the above)

To get the most out of him they need to centre their attacking play around him and I can't see them changing their style so he's fucked basically, may get the odd goal from set plays or in cup games. Be amazed if he breaks double figures in the prem

Its simple. Their not playing Carroll how he should be played.

But thats all Carroll's fault init? Nothing to do with King Kenny. You dont become a shite player over night.

It's the style of play they have in Liverpool which doesn't fit at all, and Kenny seems clueless of how to build a philosophy around him. His teammates like to play way too fast and egosentric and provides only shite service for him, and Carroll is not a man who can do stuff all by himself. Seeing Carra pounding his shite balls to him as the only player trying to help him out is just frustrating.

Hope we'll get him back. I think Cabaye could be key for him, and maybe someone like Santon and Marveaux aswell.

But thats all Carroll's fault init? Nothing to do with King Kenny. You dont become a shite player over night.

It's the style of play they have in Liverpool which doesn't fit at all, and Kenny seems clueless of how to build a philosophy around him. His teammates like to play way too fast and egosentric and provides only shite service for him, and Carroll is not a man who can do stuff all by himself. Seeing Carra pounding his shite balls to him as the only player trying to help him out is just frustrating.

Hope we'll get him back. I think Cabaye could be key for him, and maybe someone like Santon and Marveaux aswell.

Have you been on the sauce??

Have you been on the sauce??

Yeah, grandpa, I did

Yes, Cabaye santon and marveaux - all used to a continental pass-and-move style of fotball - is excactly what caroll needs :lol:

He would be perfect for stoke and I shudder to think how britannia would be with delap machine-gunning throwins to Crouch and Carroll in the box..

Frustrating you say. Disturbing, I'd say.

I was thinking a more crossing/ lifted passes type game...

Ah, so the good old fashioned Sam Allardyce approach? Where the main goal is to get it up to the big lads asap.

Aye, I see what you mean. We need Andy back, this nice football is nothing compared to smashing it up to the front. That was class to watch.

So you wouldn't want to build your team around someone like Andy either?...well he's just useless then, might aswell retire.

A player shouldn't need to have a team built around him. A player like carroll needs it, he thrives on those balls that barton was putting in and the knock downs from nolan. Liverfools side isn't built around him and thats why he's doing shite down there.

They play on the ground, they've brought in suarez and bellamy both players who want the ball played down to their feet, and he wants it up in the air.

However, throw him in at stoke and he'd be top. He doesn't need a side built around him. He just needs one that are gonna pump balls into the box rather than give it to him 30 yards out and expect him to beat 3+ players and then play off a cheeky pass.

tl;dr No.

Edited by Andy Who?

I was thinking a more crossing/ lifted passes type game...

this nice football is nothing compared to smashing it up to the front. That was class to watch.

There is alot of positives to be had from the first half of this season, but I cant really say we have looked proper "good". Good results and good performances here and there, but we fail to dominate and grab games by the throat like liverpool does for instance. We are more effective up front though, mostly due to Ba, which might well be our best finisher since shearer.

while there is no doubt that sustained good results is obtained by the teams who are able to pass the ball and play football on the deck, Andy Carroll is far from being nothing more than the figurehead of a team that plays helicopter football.

The truth is somewhere in the middle here, as regards to his performances for Liverpool. And a golden rule of football is that you don't become a bad player overnight.

Edited by LeazesMag

while there is no doubt that sustained good results is obtained by the teams who are able to pass the ball and play football on the deck, Andy Carroll is far from being nothing more than the figurehead of a team that plays helicopter football.

The truth is somewhere in the middle here, as regards to his performances for Liverpool. And a golden rule of football is that you don't become a bad player overnight.

T'is true, but equally there's an awfull lot of "unfulfilled potential" in the game. Carroll has potential (as he's flashed that with us) the big question is whether he has the mentality or desire to fulfill it.

But he was never a 35mil player in the first place. One good season in the championship and half a season in the prem doesn't make him top player which is what you expect after spending that much. Too much weight on his shoulders that fee and combine that with the poor start he's had and constantly on the bench his confidence is shot

But he was never a 35mil player in the first place. One good season in the championship and half a season in the prem doesn't make him top player which is what you expect after spending that much. Too much weight on his shoulders that fee and combine that with the poor start he's had and constantly on the bench his confidence is shot

£1 Mill more than David Villa, still unbelievable.

Absolutely spot on!! did well for us in the championship and on our return to the Premier league, but teams sussed him out and although he is a good player the price tag will be a weight around his neck.

£12 million would of been a realistic price and Ashley would of sold him for that.

Edited by BigAl

Absolutely spot on!! did well for us in the championship and on our return to the Premier league, but teams sussed him out and although he is a good player the price tag will be a weight around his neck.

£12 million would of been a realistic price and Ashley would of sold him for that.

I wish...then we wouldn't afford buying Obertan.

Are you sure about that? By selling our only decent striker we gambled our place in the Premiership. How much did that one season in the Championship cost us? I don't think people can get their head around that, Charlton done it with Darren Bent and it backfired, thats why he cost more then Henry.

It was surely obvious that Liverpool were investing in the potential of Carroll. Handled right, he could be a hell of a player in a couple of years as he has the basics plus some experience. Nobody thought he was the finished article.

I'm not surprised he isn't getting as many games because competing against the likes of Bellamy, Kuyt and Suarez is a bit different to Best, Lovenkrands and ameobi. There's no doubt in my mind that he'd have been better off staying at Newcastle in terms of developing as a player at least over the next couple of years.