Manche$ter City v Newcastle United

Park Life

CHEICK TIOTE is back in the reckoning for Newcastle United’s huge test against Manchester City – with the Toon star insisting: “We’re not afraid.”

The Ivory Coast midfielder has made a good recovery from the knee problem that has ruled him out of the last three matches.

And the battling engine-room warrior is hoping to be back in the fold for the trip to Eastlands this Saturday to take on the star-studded Citizens – with the Magpies’ unbeaten record firmly on the line.

Tiote – who sat out games with Blackburn, Stoke and Everton – was also withdrawn from international duty with the Les Elephants.

Now, the competitive and tenacious African wants to face moneybags Man City and told the Chronicle in his first interview since shaking off the injury: “The manager will make sure we are right for the game, tactically, physically and mentally, and if I am selected to play I will be doing my absolute best to keep our good run going this season.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/11/15/cheick-tiote-in-frame-to-face-manchester-city-72703-29777331/#ixzz1dmOc9uMC

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its one I am expecting to pick up our first defeat in if I am being honest. Man City have a big squad full of players looking to go out and win the Premiership title.

I think we will play with a confidence and I think if someone offered me a 1 all draw then I would snap that offer right up!

I expect Cabaye, Tiote to play and something tells me that Ben Arfa might start in this as well!

If we can play our game (defend as a unit, press whenever not in possession), keep the scores at nil for half an hour, earn ourselves a bit of luck and then take our chances when we get them we can take something off these. They're not unbeatable and they'll have all had internationals where we've mainly had a rest. Players returning should give the extra impetus/5% that might just make the difference.

I'll be absolutely staggered if a bet on Man City -1 wouldn't come off on this game. Not that I'm putting a bet on that, but step too far this. Having said that they've looked shit in the odd game, Bayern/Napoli/Villarreal/Fulham come to mind.

it says something for our progress this season that we are even entertaining anything but a heavy loss here. man city have dispatched better sides than us this season and scored a bucketload of goals in the process. a draw would be a great result.

I had a dream we beat them 0-2.

That's a very mackem thing to dream. I feel almost duty bound to dream of something more conservative like a fluked 0-0 draw, my poor brain.

If QPR can nearly snatch a draw against these boys, I don't see why we couldn't get something from this. It all depends on the mood Silva and Yaya are in. Silva is just pure class, but when Yaya is in the mood it's like watching Schoolyard football - you know where all the year 7s are at play and one of them gets his big year 10 brother involved.

I think the unbeaten run will be coming to an end but I don't reckon it'll be an embarassing scoreline that many are predicting.

Think they'll edge it 1-0 or 2-1 - something like that.

I expect Tiote & Cabaye to be both in the middle and I also have a sneaky that HBA will be starting - he's got a score to settle after what happened there last season. Hopefully he'll run rings round Kompany (presume he's back from suspension?)

I reckon with the way our season has been going that we could actually nick it. If we can defend as a unit, then i don't see why we can't nick 3 points, or 1 point at the least. I said at the start of the season, that Man Citeh were the only team i was bothered about playing. Man Utd seem to have lost their touch already this season, and Chelsea, i don't even rate them that much right now. I think we could steal a decent amount of points from these next 3 matches, and i'm looking forward to saturday.

P.S. I heard Cheik Tiote is out to hurt De Jong :P , So hopefully that arsehole gets what he deserves. It certainly says something when his own national coach banned him from the international matches because of the challenge on Ben Arfa, but his own international coach deemed the challenge malicious which says something in itself.

Edited by henda11

Thought that was just a PR exercise tbh. The same coach sent his team out to kick the shit out of Spain in the WC Final.

He still hasn't let him back in the team like. :lol:

Thought that was just a PR exercise tbh. The same coach sent his team out to kick the shit out of Spain in the WC Final.

He still hasn't let him back in the team like. :lol:

:lol:

I didn't know that like but I doubt it's the reason. He'd have dropped him and Van Bommel after the final if that had've been the case.

Yeh they kicked lumps out of Spain. De Jong really should have walked - was it Iniesta he kicked in the chest?

I suppose with the tackle being post world cup final it could have been a number of things De Jong has done - plus I imagine the critics in Holland would have blamed their world cup thuggery for getting beat.

Yeh they kicked lumps out of Spain. De Jong really should have walked - was it Iniesta he kicked in the chest?

I suppose with the tackle being post world cup final it could have been a number of things De Jong has done - plus I imagine the critics in Holland would have blamed their world cup thuggery for getting beat.

It was Alonso (he actually went off injured later on as it had cracked one of his ribs).