***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going to games tells its own story. If you seriously think it has no bearing on knowledge of the club and awareness of what it takes to succeed in football, then you are the wanker.

Please explain the difference between booing a team for finishing 5th and wanking yourself to death when they come 5th

or 6th years later ?

Still been to more games than you since 1980 as I've saiid before so that doesn't wash with me - looking down on people who might not go now for any number of legitimate reasons makes you a twat. There are also thousands of people who go to every home game whose knowledge is non-existent. There is no direct correlation no matter how much you think there is.

Maybe people booed because the club was obviously going backwards in 2004 and thy're happy now because it's going forward - not that you would ever see that.

I don't want to wade into the middle of...whatever the above is (especially as I'm new), but I feel the need to share the following:

I don't know if anyone has linked to this previously, and I apologise if so, but the guy who writes this blog would seem to be well informed about providing financial appraisals for football clubs. He has done many besides Newcastle so it's not biased in any apparent way - I've seen people link to him previously on this forum although not this one as far as I can tell:

http://swissramble.b...thern-town.html

I think it makes for interesting reading as it coves many different aspects of the clubs position and success. I think a key point is that Ashley's loan to the club would be repayable with 0.5% interest - this has been made interest free in more recent times. This is actually showing that the club's sustainability matters more to Ashley than the repayments and loan interest he was owed - he could just just gotten that loan through a bank...

From what is being put across here, it would seem that the club was very close to ending up in administration under the previous ownership. As much as we would all have loved to continue spending as we did, and buying the players we did, I would not have been thrilled if we'd ended up in administration. Notably, Portsmouth are about to get relegated from the Championship as a result of that.

I would also like to point out that this is all worked out based on the company accounts, which are, of course, public. The guy writing this blog is just transforming the numbers into words. If you guys have previously outed this blogger as a nutter, then please just ignore the post. I found this quite heartening though.

I also think that this is a key piece of information:

The previous ownership had mortgaged Newcastle to the hilt, securing loans on virtually all the club’s assets (training ground) and future income streams (TV, sponsorship), and also left Ashley with deferred transfer payments of £36 million, some of which was owed on players who had left the club. Following the implementation of a new policy whereby transfers fees are paid up front, the club is now owed £5 million.

Edited by Rayvin

going to games tells its own story. If you seriously think it has no bearing on knowledge of the club and awareness of what it takes to succeed in football, then you are the wanker.

Please explain the difference between booing a team for finishing 5th and wanking yourself to death when they come 5th

or 6th years later ?

Still been to more games than you since 1980 as I've saiid before so that doesn't wash with me - looking down on people who might not go now for any number of legitimate reasons makes you a twat. There are also thousands of people who go to every home game whose knowledge is non-existent. There is no direct correlation no matter how much you think there is.

Maybe people booed because the club was obviously going backwards in 2004 and thy're happy now because it's going forward - not that you would ever see that.

you don't know you have been to more games than me. If anything, it only makes it more astonishing that you didn't understand or appreciate good directors and what they did, and can't see a selling club again when it stares you right in the face.

Going backwards to 5th ? Says everything about your lack of appreciation and higher perception of the bigger picture, if you actually seriously don't understand the implications of that.

you don't know you have been to more games than me. If anything, it only makes it more astonishing that you didn't understand or appreciate good directors and what they did, and can't see a selling club again when it stares you right in the face.

Going backwards to 5th ? Says everything about your lack of appreciation and higher perception of the bigger picture, if you actually seriously don't understand the implications of that.

Two good managers not good directors - the fact that they appointed shit managers who failed and fleeced the club for millions proves that.

Yes the bigger picture - in debt with credit running out and no chance of investment as the summer of 2003 and the following years under Souness and Roeder proved. No need for psychic ability - shit league positions and millions wasted - no hindsight required.

Two good managers not good directors - the fact that they appointed shit managers who failed and fleeced the club for millions proves that.

Yes the bigger picture - in debt with credit running out and no chance of investment as the summer of 2003 and the following years under Souness and Roeder proved. No need for psychic ability - shit league positions and millions wasted - no hindsight required.

this is what I like :lol: the desperation to point out the "hatred of Fred" to the extent that a whole decade is almost irrelevant.

this is what I like :lol: the desperation to point out the "hatred of Fred" to the extent that a whole decade is almost irrelevant.

The only relevance it has to now is the legacy of debt that still exists. And by the way there were at least 4 absolutely shit seasons when Shepherd was Chairman so this "golden decade" shite really is that.

The only relevance it has to now is the legacy of debt that still exists. And by the way there were at least 4 absolutely shit seasons when Shepherd was Chairman so this "golden decade" shite really is that.

paranoid rubbish. We weren't relegated for starters, and qualified for europe more times than we ever will under your man.

It's crap like this which makes me laugh. If you had supported the club as far back as you claim, you wouldn't even need to be told the difference in outlook and ambitions. It sticks out a mile.

Are there any posts knocking about where Leazes says we'll never qualify for Europe and that he'll quit the board if we do? I mean I know obviously there are loads of the former, but I've noticed he's also taken to issuing 'quit' wagers re certain disputed outcomes on those evenings when he's had to push his balls back from the pub in a wheelbarrow*. Have any been linked to Euro qualification does anyone know???

* © Gemmill

haha, nice achievement and a good season, the first in 5 years. Shame you don't answer what I have asked you on numerous occasions concerning the longer term direction of the club, instead being one of the fools who are completely deluded by the short term. Including when I asked you to bet me that we don't match the longer term positions of Spurs, as you appear to agree with those who think we are "doing it like Spurs", or even the old owners for that matter ?

I stand by what I say and have said that you have rubbished for years. The club is an advertising outlet for the Sports Company, which comes first and always will. He will sell players if the club don't make operating profits, ie he will not attempt build on the current situation by keeping the best players, adding quality and backing his manager. Why don't you tell us what you disagree with here instead of rubbishing it ?

If you really want to make daft childish references to me, having supposedly blocked me, then go the whole hog and reply to all my references to yourself. All you are doing is making yourself look an even bigger tit than you are.

How embarrassing you are, and what a shame you have missed all of it through not backing your man by attending games.

FWIW, I will be going to see NUFC play away in europe next season, and unfortunately for you the current season ticket holders and club members will - hopefully - get first priority for tickets.

Enjoy the short term while your'e alive tbf. What the fuck is the point in worrying about what is happening next season? Did you enjoy the last foray in the CL less because you expected to not qualify in the future?

I stand by what I say and have said that you have rubbished for years.

Except for the bits that you can't stand by. Like when you said that NUFC would never qualify for Europe through the league as long as Mike Ashley was here. Or when you predicted earlier on this season that a collapse was in the offing. And plenty other stuff that you've got spectacularly wrong, to the extent that you're now shifting the timeline on all of your predictions to a broad rush "I'll be right eventually"

If anyone could be bothered, and if there was a remote possibility that it might get you to admit just how wrong you've been, we could fill pages and pages on here with all the stuff that you've got wrong. Of course, you could say this of most people on here - no one gets everything right all the time, and intelligent people can accept when things change. But there's neither need nor point in doing it for anyone else, because no one but you is so idiotically steadfast in trying to claim how right you are, and how you've always been right.

You aren't right. You haven't been right. Everybody knows it. And you look an utter shambles of a cunt of a man when you consistently insist that you are.

one swallow doesn't make a summer. Fool. You have had chances to reply to my summary of what I have been saying for nearly 5 years and passed them up.

Why don't you go to games and back your man with your own cash, rather than constantly acting the knowledgeable supporter on here, when you know fuck all ?

Enjoy it man ffs! how the hell you do your best to be so pessimistic? Yes I know, you have seen it before. But most have? We had Europe and lost it before, but damn the ride was good!

FWIW, I will be going to see NUFC play away in europe next season, and unfortunately for you the current season ticket holders and club members will - hopefully - get first priority for tickets.

That makes me doubt you've ever been to a European away game - to seriously think tickets are limited or anybody who wants one can't get a ticket for any game is fucking laughable.

It is also shows you think spending a few quid makes you somehow superior to other people - what a fucking wanker.

Please explain the difference between booing a team for finishing 5th and wanking yourself to death when they come 5th or 6th years later ?

Already said, around 95% of people did not boo. Thin straw you;re clinging to with this argument LM.

As opposed to your desperation for Ashley to fail, regardless of the fact that would be to the detriment of NUFC & it's supporters, (but hey ho you'd be able to tell and and sundry that you were right)

I think the two most appropriate words for someone with your outlook is MACKEM CUNT!

As for difference between booing 5th and cheering it, it's pretty simple if you ask me, booed when the average NUFC supporter expected us to qualify for the champions league because they saw it as our RIGHT to (after all 14th biggest revenue and all.... yada fuckin yada!) Cheered 5th when the average NUFC supporter realised that NO team has an automatic right to qualify for CL, Europa League, or fuckin stay in premier league you tool, they all have to be EARNED over the course of the season. Seems super simple to me.... super simple just like you you BLEND!

paranoid rubbish. We weren't relegated for starters, and qualified for europe more times than we ever will under your man.

It's crap like this which makes me laugh. If you had supported the club as far back as you claim, you wouldn't even need to be told the difference in outlook and ambitions. It sticks out a mile.

I'm pretty sure i asked you a question (in one of the many posts you ignored you "shamb-aholic" idiot,) but specifically the one where i posted the league finishes pre-Ashley and iirc the average was around 7th, (isnt that pretty shit for the 14th highest revenue club IN THE GALAXY eh?)

I disagree we are a selling club, we have let the right players go for the right price (Enrique aside,) and now have a better side than we have had for a damn sight longer than Ashley has been in charge. If this situation means you feel compelled to piss on everyone elses chips and shout in their ears that "It'll all go wrong soon!," then that makes YOU a bigger wanker than I ever thought was possible, even for you. Even if the wheels fall off in years to come I'D like to enjoy the here and now without your Doom-mongering bollocks.

I am absolutely genuinely stunned that someone can have such an incredulous level of self delusion, whereby the whole world is wrong and always has been, and you are ALWAYS correct. You know who you are? You're the fucking piss-stinking tramp with the "The End Of The World Is Nigh" sign that we have all seen in so many films shouting at passerbys, and whilst i knew that a few of them must exist in reality I'm fucking stunned that you have internet access!

In summary --- Shut up and give it a rest you BLEND!

Please explain the difference between booing a team for finishing 5th and wanking yourself to death when they come 5th or 6th years later ?

Already said, around 95% of people did not boo. Thin straw you;re clinging to with this argument LM.

I certainly didnt, nor did I when Partizan knocked us out of the qualifiers.... but I'd bet my arse "The Groundsman" did (AKA Leazes)

I certainly didnt, nor did I when Partizan knocked us out of the qualifiers.... but I'd bet my arse "The Groundsman" did (AKA Leazes)

Nor me. Nor anyone around me that I recall. All I can remember is some staying back to clap and I left head bowed a bit pissed off at the game I just watched.

When you see how much Leazes is changing his stories and shifting the goalposts on all of his twatful predictions, it's not too much of a leap for him to just make shit up about the booing of 5th. Which he absolutely is making up cos there was still 2 games to play at the time.

The bloke is just a massive suck-knob.

When you see how much Leazes is changing his stories and shifting the goalposts on all of his twatful predictions, it's not too much of a leap for him to just make shit up about the booing of 5th. Which he absolutely is making up cos there was still 2 games to play at the time.

You can't be wrong if you constantly make up what is said.

Like that time you told me Demba Ba definitely wouldn't score 16 goals this season, you tit!

That's why i shall from now on refer to him as "The Groundsman" ........ oh and BLEND

This Stoke game is massive btw. Can see QPR getting something against Spurs and definitely can't see anything but an Arsenal win against Chelsea.

Stoke have nothing to play for except a higher league position in mid table - 3 points there and we're well on the way.

Sorry to ruin your party Leazes and actually talk about football