Newcastle v Chelsea Sat 3rd Dec, 12.45pm - Sold out!

ChezGiven

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people deducting that Mike Ashley may be using the reaction to Speed's death to deflect criticism of his policies. That deserves criticism as a dumb idea.

Despite that being EXACTLY what Llambias has done to deflect Barton's criticism this week in an official statement?

I'm not dreaming up awful scenario's for individuals undeserving of cynicism here. They boast about how "horrible" they are and give us examples of it repeatedly.

Seem to remember a charity making a request to put on a fundraising drive on a matchday last year which the club were cunts about and steadfastly refused, then they were arseholes about the Entertainers game. Seems to me they'll embrace the things fans feel passionate about only when it suits their interests.

Deflect Barton's criticism? :lol: As if it needed deflecting

Agreed, and as I said, that's true of what little protest the fans might have mounted at Chelsea...but the fact is the club HAVE used Speed's death in a pathetic way which leads me to question their motives for the incongruous effort they're putting in on behalf of Speed this Saturday...effort they wouldn't put in for the Bobby Robson foundation when it came to the Entertainers rematch.

I think you have two hopes of changing some peoples minds. The proof is there for all to see.

It's a shame on a number of levels, not least because a proper protest against the name change would have been powerful on a televised game. The irony being we get to pay tribute to Speed at a ground he never played at in front of owners he probably despised every bit as much as us

Not liking the Idea of Raylor up against someone like Mata with no Jonas to save his arse. He's such a big liability its ridiculous, wonder who Pardoo's going to play instead of Jonas and what role that guy will be expected to play because we dont have another winger who does the same amount of work. One possibility is Guthrie on the wing, HBA in centre midfield and Best comes back in. I'd be more tempted to put give Santon a try and put Raylor in front of him with HBA in the floating role behind Ba and Best on the bench. Their defence is shaken and lacking confidence, the last thing you need at a time like this is someone like HBA having freedom to go at you. Cole has been below par too so perhaps some joy on the wing for Obertan as well.

Guthrie is awful on the wing like. I know what you mean about Sammi and his lack of discipline though.

Yup but he'd give Raylor the defensive cover we cant expect from HBA or Sammy, thats the only reason I'd go for him. Sad that our left wing is mostly about protecting the LB these days.

Not liking the Idea of Raylor up against someone like Mata with no Jonas to save his arse. He's such a big liability its ridiculous, wonder who Pardoo's going to play instead of Jonas and what role that guy will be expected to play because we dont have another winger who does the same amount of work. One possibility is Guthrie on the wing, HBA in centre midfield and Best comes back in. I'd be more tempted to put give Santon a try and put Raylor in front of him with HBA in the floating role behind Ba and Best on the bench. Their defence is shaken and lacking confidence, the last thing you need at a time like this is someone like HBA having freedom to go at you. Cole has been below par too so perhaps some joy on the wing for Obertan as well.

Mata plays through the middle.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Santon

Obertan Guthrie Cabaye RTaylor

Ben Arfa

Ba

I don't know, it looks a real selection headache. We're so unbalanced, whether because of injury, suspension, or simply not having a recognised leftback.

I was confident a few days ago of getting a point, now? Not so much

However in the context of expected returns from these three games, a point is still ok

I'd play Sammi wide left because then you're only changing one position. When you start pushing the (makeshift) left-back into midfield, giving someone else a first league start at left-back or playing Ben Arfa wide-left or whatever it's messing with a settled side too much imo.

I'd play Sammi wide left because then you're only changing one position. When you start pushing the (makeshift) left-back into midfield, giving someone else a first league start at left-back or playing Ben Arfa wide-left or whatever it's messing with a settled side too much imo.

No doubt Sammy will run his arse off and put in 100% so may well be the best plan

Fair point, but I'm worried about the defensive shift that Ben Arfa or Sammy would do and I think that's going to be important.

Especially if Sturridge starts. If it's Drogba, Lampard and the old guard instead of Sturridge, Mata et al I'd fancy us to do well. But against a pacy confident Sturridge I could see whomever we play down the left be torn a new one.

No doubt Sammy will run his arse off and put in 100% so may well be the best plan

Doesn't mean it'll be any more effective than Ben Arfa lazily putting in 20% but keeping possession 80% better.

Ben Arfa's our best player as well so it's important to play him in his best position. I take your point and none of the options are exactly ideal though.

Edited by alex

aren't we forgetting a few things here.

we are at home and we can expose their weaknesses. that being:

1) their defensive game is shit, boswinga is terrible defensively, we need to get at them down the left.

2) their defense in the middle is terrible, terrys too slow and david luiz is too inept positionally. cole is slowing up down the left.

3 they really only have the defensive midfielder Romeu in the squad, ask any of the people about Mikel ,and they will say he is terrible. if either are playing we need to pressurise them.

i really think if we get an early goal, we can default to our counter attacking play that seems to cause so many sides a lot of trouble.

aren't we forgetting a few things here.

we are at home and we can expose their weaknesses. that being:

1) their defensive game is shit, boswinga is terrible defensively, we need to get at them down the left.

2) their defense in the middle is terrible, terrys too slow and david luiz is too inept positionally. cole is slowing up down the left.

3 they really only have the defensive midfielder Romeu in the squad, ask any of the people about Mikel ,and they will say he is terrible. if either are playing we need to pressurise them.

i really think if we get an early goal, we can default to our counter attacking play that seems to cause so many sides a lot of trouble.

Agreed. I think if we concentrate too much on stopping them it basically plays into their hands anyway.