Newcastle v Everton match thread (+ as a bonus , the Tim Krul! Thread)

Anorthernsoul

Will they be willing to spend the £15+ million needed to get him, especially if they dont make Champions League and they need other positions strengthened before they get a keeper in?

Plus I'm not sure If Krul would be that eager to jump ship to Spurs, especially if we have a decent summer

Modric will be away, most likely to Chelsea

Not sure if Adebayor will stay, City may demand a permanent transfer

Friedel is old but hasn't cost them any points due to his age, yet

I wouldn't be surprised if Bale goes

I reckon their funds are going to be allocated towards replacing Modric, Bale and getting a striker.

I think Saha and Nelsens contracts are up at the end of the season? And I doubt they'd pay the money City will want for Adebayor, so there's 3 players needing replaced and if they dont get CHampions League then I see Modric going aswell, but I doubt they'd lose Bale unless a colossal offer comes in.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Most interesting team sheet of recent weeks.

Ba ..... Will he / Won't he

Attack wise, will AP stay with Marveaux running the show or will we see a midfield 3 of Tiote, Perch and Bigi.

If Ba doesn't play, might we go back to 442.

As Simpsons replacement will be in the stands, will he play him.

Sounds like Anita back as well

Id like to think that Cheik will be available for Everton, and Anita will be and Perch will be back in midfield.

And we have (Sylvain) Marveaux and (Gabriel) Obertan.

Suddenly, you start thinking the team looks strong already

Edited by Christmas Tree

My son's taking the ticket for this one as I need to be at UTS Dunston v West Auckland in the Ebac Northern League Division 1. Hopefully this will be a good omen as the last home game I missed was the 3-0 victory over Wigan Athletic on Monday December 3rd.

First it was LuaLua, then Ferguson, and now Marveaux. The difference is that Marveaux is actually quality whereas the other two aren't. But to compare Marveaux and Jonas is apples and oranges. They don't play the same role and it showed in the team. No coincidence that we crumbled defensively in both of our last games without Jonas to back up the midfield and Santon. We carry more threat going forward with Marveaux, and that's a good thing. Getting them both in the side would do me. Drop Tiote when Jonas is back to fitness.

What's infuriating is seeing us go all out attack against Man U and Arsenal because we have "nothing to lose" but to play so cautiously against weaker teams far less likely to hurt us in the space we leave.

To be fair, it's easier to go all out attack against the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal, as they're not particularly defensive minded.

Trying to do this against the likes of Stoke or QPR would be a different story as they'd sit 10 men behind the ball and wait for us to commit too many bodies forward.

I know what you mean though, it's almost as if we find a special way to play against the big teams, then drop back down to normal against the smaller sides.

What's infuriating is seeing us go all out attack against Man U and Arsenal because we have "nothing to lose" but to play so cautiously against weaker teams far less likely to hurt us in the space we leave.

Agreed. A midfield trio of Perch/Anita, Bigi and Tiote has to be an absolute no go from now on. Far better balance with Marv/Squiddy in the side although both of them have to work on their defending now that they finally seem to have developed an attacking threat.