Newcastle v Everton match thread (+ as a bonus , the Tim Krul! Thread)

Anorthernsoul

For the money Krul will cost, who is going to buy him?

The only "top" team in the league who will need a new keeper is Spurs, and I can't see them spending that sort of money on a keeper.

Anyone?

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think thats the generally accepted amount that the'd be on if we finished 4th and got through the qualiifer. Which is huge compared with what the EL brings in. Which is probably why Spurs seemingly couldnt be arsed with it this season. The financial return doesnt outweigh the disruption to the season.

I think Krul is going in the summer my basis for this is Celtic have been told Fraser Foster is definitely not for sale.

our only other keepers are Harper and Elliot

just because we want a decent competitor doesn't mean hes leaving especially since we're now expecting to have more games next season

What if we'd paid the asking price for this Douglas gadge? We could looking at an extra 10million big ones to off set the outlay.

He doesn't want to move until he's done his 5 years in Holland so he can play for the national team.

Edited by Baggio

What if we'd paid the asking price for this Douglas gadge? We could looking at an extra 10million big ones to off set the outlay.

He doesn't want to move until he's done his 5 years in Holland so he can play for the national team.

which will tick over in august

I do aye. Not easily mind, but I think it would be easier to replace Tiote with a like for like than it would be Krul.

I want to keep all our best players but i think of the big saleable assets, Tiote would be the one we could replace best with a bit of luck. Krul is heading into the bracket of the very best keepers out there and that is worth so many points and i don't think we could attract another keeper of that calibre ahead of proven CL clubs etc. so losing Krul is pretty much top of the list to avoid for me.

Also i don't think replacing BA will be easy at all as some people think, if we remember quite how amazing he's been this season and carried most of our goal threat on his own for some time. With the clause we wouldn't get big money for him and we'd be very lucky to get somebody close to him without a seriously big spend.

I agree with all of this

which will tick over in august

Fair enough, didnt know that. The point still stands though, invest in a centre back in January and we wouldve given ourselves an even better chance of getting into the champions league. Give Pardew the tools to do the job. And as I said, you may well have got the money back with interest if we got through the qualifier. The standard has gone down a bit in the champions league iyam, that Marseille side were ordinary this season and they got to the quarter finals. What does that stage bring in in finance?....

I do wonder if stuff like this is being thrown about now to disrupt our players during the run in.

I was reading an article last week and it had quotes from someone on the board at Chelsea who was honest enough to come out and say that it is more important for them to come in the top 4 and qualify for the CL next year than beat Barcelona in the semis, that tells you how much they rely on the money the competition produces, without it and the new financial rules they are going to be pretty fucked and I don't see a mad spending spree on the cards.

It's probably already been mentioned that they've got a great young keeper on loan at Atletico Madrid who has apparently been attracting interest from Real so it wouldn't make sense to go for Krul, since Cech isn't that bad anyway.

I do wonder if stuff like this is being thrown about now to disrupt our players during the run in.

I was reading an article last week and it had quotes from someone on the board at Chelsea who was honest enough to come out and say that it is more important for them to come in the top 4 and qualify for the CL next year than beat Barcelona in the semis, that tells you how much they rely on the money the competition produces, without it and the new financial rules they are going to be pretty fucked and I don't see a mad spending spree on the cards.

It's probably already been mentioned that they've got a great young keeper on loan at Atletico Madrid who has apparently been attracting interest from Real so it wouldn't make sense to go for Krul, since Cech isn't that bad anyway.

You're completely wrong about cech. That helmet unbalances him and puts a lot of strain on his neck. They want Tiote for a neck transplant.

Spurs might need a keeper.

so still no top clubs need a keeper

If they're in the Champions League again, and hang onto Modric & Bale you'd have to consider them a top club.

Spurs might need a keeper.

so still no top clubs need a keeper

If they're in the Champions League again, and hang onto Modric & Bale you'd have to consider them a top club.

I think 2/3 of those won't happen add in Redknapp going

Will they be willing to spend the £15+ million needed to get him, especially if they dont make Champions League and they need other positions strengthened before they get a keeper in?

Plus I'm not sure If Krul would be that eager to jump ship to Spurs, especially if we have a decent summer

Modric will be away, most likely to Chelsea

Not sure if Adebayor will stay, City may demand a permanent transfer

Friedel is old but hasn't cost them any points due to his age, yet

I wouldn't be surprised if Bale goes

I reckon their funds are going to be allocated towards replacing Modric, Bale and getting a striker.