Norwich (away)

Barney

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This match really threatens to highlight just how lacking in depth our squad is.

Not sure what you mean by that. If we win, then it shows we have depth but if we lose, we lack depth? Yet the depth of a squad is not affected by a result.

I think you mean its a test of the quality we have in depth. In which case i agree.

We could be playing our 4th and 5th Choices at CH, with the added likely disruption to the full back position(s), plus our 3rd choice holding midfielder. When you get down in that area of a squad it would be a challenge for anyone.

It's a test of the squad to a depth you would rarely ordinarily get to tbh, you're basically playing your 4th choice "heart of the team" how often does that happen.

Not sure I get why people are already judging Gosling already especially after the lack of gametime he's had and after coming abck from a long injury, people are too quick to jump on someone for being crap, just give them a chance.

Happens all the time when Guthrie plays. Cries of how shit he is, how damning it is on our depth of quality in the squad if we're forced to play him then a few games in everyone's pleasantly surprised at how his performances are perfectly fine.

Gosling needs matches and time - showed promise at Everton and still has plenty of development to come.

Not sure I get why people are already judging Gosling already especially after the

lack of gametime he's had and after coming abck from a long injury, people are too quick to jump on someone for being crap, just give them a chance.

Happens all the time when Guthrie plays. Cries of how shit he is, how damning it is on our depth of quality in the squad if we're forced to play him then a few games in everyone's pleasantly surprised at how his performances are perfectly fine.

Gosling needs matches and time - showed promise at Everton and still has plenty of development to come.

Tbf Guthrie playing well has just happened for the first time (in the premiership at least) so it's not a good comparisson. But I agree with your point.

Edited by David Kelly

Krul

Simpson Perch Kadar Santon

Obertan Cabaye Gosling Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Colo may not be available. Pardoo WILL start Perch, maybe Kadar. I think he should start Santon at left-back.

This match really threatens to highlight just how lacking in depth our squad is.

Not sure what you mean by that. If we win, then it shows we have depth but if we lose, we lack depth? Yet the depth of a squad is not affected by a result.

I think you mean its a test of the quality we have in depth. In which case i agree.

We could be playing our 4th and 5th Choices at CH, with the added likely disruption to the full back position(s), plus our 3rd choice holding midfielder. When you get down in that area of a squad it would be a challenge for anyone.

It's a test of the squad to a depth you would rarely ordinarily get to tbh, you're basically playing your 4th choice "heart of the team" how often does that happen.

Our 3rd choice CB is shite though.

EVERY season. As most have cautioned about since Sept 1st...even while applauding the first team for performing over and above.

Unless you're saying we don't need replacements in January? One might get the impression you're just being contrary.

Not sure I get why people are already judging Gosling already especially after the lack of gametime he's had and after coming abck from a long injury, people are too quick to jump on someone for being crap, just give them a chance.

Exactly, he got games at Everton and scored a few aswell, but since he hasn't played much people want to place him in the crap category, when we've got to remember hes only 20 (I think) and came back from a long term injury. He's also got 2 of the best CM's in the Prem ahead of him

I've never done Norwich away. Looking foward to going to a new ground. I'm stopping over the night. Heard its canny on the piss. Anyone recommend where to drink etc beforethe game? Cheers

Years since I have been all probably boarded up now. Good place to go (shit in back of transist van) found this hope it helps

Where To Drink?

I found that the number of good pubs situated in-between the train station and the ground, were plentiful and friendly. In fact it almost ended up being a pub crawl before the match had begun! The traditional haunt of away fans for many years was the Clarence Harbour, but this alas is now making way for a housing development. Most fans now seem to be heading instead for the 'Compleat Angler', which is by the river opposite the railway station (around 5-10 minutes walk from the ground)'. This pub seems to have now taken over the mantle of the 'away fans pub'.

Rob Emery informs me; 'Not far away from the ground and towards the City Centre a new leisure complex called the Riverside has opened. This has a number of drinking and eating establishments, including a Wetherspoons Lloyds No.1 outlet. Whilst Nicholas Mead suggests; 'the Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road brews its own beer and is around a 10 minute walk away from the ground'.

As a 3rd choice, he's not.

We thought our whole defence (as a unit) was likley to be shite before the season, events proved otherwise.

We thought our whole defence (as a unit) was likley to be shite before the season, events proved otherwise.

Either way the 4th and 5th choice CBs are full-backs which is unforgivable imo. Especially when money was available from the Carroll windfall. I wouldn't expect you to agree like but I reckon most would.

Either way the 4th and 5th choice CBs are full-backs which is unforgivable imo. Especially when money was available from the Carroll windfall. I wouldn't expect you to agree like but I reckon most would.

Unfortunately the striker "search" was on the forefront of everyones wish list so it masked the need for cover in other positions

Have a word man! So we should have bought two new 4th and 5th choice CB's :)

How many teams have "quality" 4th and 5th choice anything. At that level into a squad you are into the kids (in a non sexual way) unless a more senior pro, out of position (in the managers opinion) is a better option.