Rugby

Kid Dynamite

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Gutted for you lot, ewerk. Unbelievably good match from a neutral point of view. Not that it’ll be much consolation for Ireland 

It’s the first match I’ve watched in a year so can’t claim to be any sort of fan.

Anyway, well done @RobinRobin. Your boys deserved it tonight.

• Haha 2

I can’t remember where I read it but there was talk about the likelihood of an all Northern Hemisphere set of semifinalists after the group stage ended

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Indeed 🙂 

BBC Sport as well. 

Couldn't expect the Irish and Welsh to uphold their end though. 😉 

Don't really expect England to do so either. 🙁 

Edited by RobinRobin

Weird because all the England rugby wankers reckon there’s never any bother watching the rugby. Because they’re a superior breed to football fans.  I would like to see England win but, apart from not being able to see any way past South Africa, it’ll piss off those twats when they lose 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Weird because all the England rugby wankers reckon there’s never any bother watching the rugby. Because they’re a superior breed to football fans.  I would like to see England win but, apart from not being able to see any way past South Africa, it’ll piss off those twats when they lose 

In the last 15-20 years I think there’s been a gradual “barmyarmyisation” of Englands support across football, rugby and cricket.  Most of the real bad fuckers that followed England in the 80s are mostly either retired due to constant banning orders, whoring in Thailand or dead. That’s lead to a more placid following and you get the same types at rugby and cricket, beautifully illustrated in ewerk’s clip, they’re literally singing a song that was popularised at the darts then moved to football. It’s all much of a muchness. 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

You don’t often see this at any level nowadays.   And I didn’t see much of the tweeter either when I tried to tackle him in a school game once…Chalmers got about 50 caps for Scotland and was a British Lion at 20 in 1989… I played a game and a half for Kelso RFC U16s :( 

• Haha 3

No… fuck knows what I was doing in the first team that day. Half the kids in the school must’ve had fuckin ringworm or something :lol: 

All the good players played twice on a Saturday… school team in the morning then U18s in the afternoon. U16s was new-ish, mostly played Thursday night I think. Some older cunts strapped me to the treatment table after training one night and sprayed deep heat on my bollocks and I never went back… 

EDIT: it has to be pointed out that at this point in my nascent rugby career messers Beardsley and Gascoigne had entered my life and let me tell you readers, there was nae fuckin contest,  ken? 😆

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 5