The No. 10.

Park Life

The sooner Ben Arfa and Pardew give up on the idea of him being some number 10 for us the better off we will be, it just doesn't work for him there.

He's a quality winger and should start every week out on the right.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Yep. Just start him and give him a licence to roam, like Ronaldo and messi. If the remaining 10 players cant defend adequately without hatem putting in a shift, we have more pressing issues than one lazy magician tbh.

We had Best and Obertan on the pitch who already offered nothing defensively (or attack wise either).

Yet people will still claim they "graft" because they run back even though it makes fuck all difference since they dont actually challenge anyone. Its like having an extra judge here and there on the pitch.. as long as you dont run straight into them they wont be in your way.

Yep. Just start him and give him a licence to roam, like Ronaldo and messi. If the remaining 10 players cant defend adequately without hatem putting in a shift, we have more pressing issues than one lazy magician tbh.

We had Best and Obertan on the pitch who already offered nothing defensively (or attack wise either).

Best puts in a shift most of the time to be fair to him, as does Ba.

A lot of our success earlier in the season was down to the pressing done by these 2 when we didn't have the ball.

apart from the goal which is one of the greatest things I've seen at sjp, he was getting a lot of grief from the crowd for holding onto the ball too much when he got it...when he gets a goal like that its more than worth him losing possession a few times, but he'll get a goal like that one in ten so you can still see why it's difficult for Pardew.

Describe the goal for us. :):lol:

Classic HF.

In what sense?

F365 report....

" Ben Arfas first-half display had done little to persuade Pardew of his readiness to command a regular starting berth"

http://www.football365.com/match/3472280/report

Just reading the reports this morning and it seems most agree Ben Arfa pulled it out the bag having otherwise frustrated.

Telegraph:

Having chosen to keep the ineffective Ben Arfa on, Pardew was rewarded in phenomenal style.

Guardian:

Ben Arfa's metamorphosis from first-half liability to second-half genius.

Might have already been said but if there's truth in the story that they've agreed he doesn't want to play on the wing then maybe they should revisit that conversation. It would solve two problems - getting him games and preventing Obertan from playing.

Anyone wish it was scored in a league match?

it won't get anywhere near the amount of attention it deserves. I imagine only NUFC fans and those who bothered to stay up late to watch ITV's awful highlights show will ever see it. Unless it gets on MOTD's or SSN's goals of the month features.

it won't get anywhere near the amount of attention it deserves. I imagine only NUFC fans and those who bothered to stay up late to watch ITV's awful highlights show will ever see it. Unless it gets on MOTD's or SSN's goals of the month features.

In that respect it reminds me of:

not too bothered, its one of the goals that got us through in the cup so I'm happy with it, be a shitter if we'd lost after it.

its pathetic that, in a match between 2 top division clubs, the only footage we've got is one angle of nothing but the run and finish because ITVs coverage is garbage

Definitely, I've thought of that. Plus it was scored by Ben Arfa. If it had been scored by Rooney the press would go wild.

Just seen Pardew on the local news saying "You can smash a ball in from 30 yards, or hit a great volley or whatever. But that goal he scored today.....there's not many players who can do something like that. You have to be a special player to do that."

So can the crybabies that keep claiming that Pardew doesn't rate Ben Arfa, doesn't talk about him nicely enough :lol: , and all the rest of it, please shut the fuck up.