Haris Vuckic and Cheik Tiote

LeazesMag

As Tiote has most def been under par the last 2 games, does he have something on his mind ? Saturday was understandable as he had been out for a while.

One good thing is that his last 2 performances may have put off people like Alex Ferguson [unlikely] but if anybody tonight was looking to spend 20m quid on Tiote, they may have altered their target to Vuckic.

Newcastle United should be keeping both of these players.

I like Sammy Ameobi, but Vuckic is in a different league.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ball Vuckic played through to Ba tonight was class. Just a little bit too much weight on it but it was a great idea. His corners were a bit over zealous too.

I reckon once he gets his nerves sorted he'll be class, he was worth a goal tonight!

That ball Vuckic played through to Ba tonight was class. Just a little bit too much weight on it but it was a great idea. His corners were a bit over zealous too.

I reckon once he gets his nerves sorted he'll be class, he was worth a goal tonight!

Agreed he looked a proper player tonight, hope he gets more chances whenever there are injuries/bans in the team.

I mentioned in the match thread; at one point colo had nothing on, Vuckic dropped deep with a WBA player on him and still took a touch and moved off trying to make things happen. For a fella making his first start(combined with his shots and that ball for Ba), he looks a talent.

Sammy hasn't had many chances either to be honest. Mostly comes on as a sub with 10 minutes or so to play. No time to show what he's about.

Like I said in another thread, I imagine Tiote's poor performance today was in part down to not being fully fit. I'm not panicking about him yet.

Gutted that Vuckic didn't hit the back of the net with that shot, but his performance was a positive and will have added to his confidence.

As Tiote has most def been under par the last 2 games, does he have something on his mind ? Saturday was understandable as he had been out for a while.

One good thing is that his last 2 performances may have put off people like Alex Ferguson [unlikely] but if anybody tonight was looking to spend 20m quid on Tiote, they may have altered their target to Vuckic.

Newcastle United should be keeping both of these players.

I like Sammy Ameobi, but Vuckic is in a different league.

Quite agree ...

We'll see come Jan 31st.

I think Tiote's performance was largely down to losing Cabaye - who he's spent the season forming a partnership with.

I don't. His passing was awful and he got caught on the ball too much. Our wank second striker and right winger's piss poor movement may have something to do with that but I really don't think his head was right. That might be because he's leaving or it just might be an off game but I don't really think you can blame it on Cabaye not being there. Players have to be able to play with other players than their first choice partner every game. Most decent teams these days change their line ups far more than we have been.

When he had the ball Vuckic was champion.....but we didn't dominate the middle of the park at all. Just couldn't hold onto the ball.

And while everyone agrees Tiote had a bad game, he had well over double the succesful passes that Vuckic did, and we seemed to go to him as default. I'm not saying Vuckic went missing as badly as Obertan, or that I expect much more from a young debutant.....but he was a weak link we struggled to live with. Hope he can start to demand more of the ball if he gets another chance.

Edited by Happy Face

When he had the ball Vuckic was champion.....but we were totally overun in the middle of the park. Just couldn't hold onto the ball at all.

And while everyone agrees Tiote had a bad game, he had well over double the succesful passes that Vuckic did, and we seemed to go to him as default. I'm not saying Vuckic went missing as badly as Obertan, or that I expect much more from a young debutant.....but he was a weak link we struggled to live with. Hope he can start to demand more of the ball if he gets another chance.

Thats how I saw it.

When he had the ball Vuckic was champion.....but we were totally overun in the middle of the park. Just couldn't hold onto the ball at all.

Thats how I saw it.

Ah shit.

Edited my post so as to not be alligned with CT ;)