Haris Vuckic and Cheik Tiote

LeazesMag

Tiote has been very heavy footed in the last two games. It reminds me of the start of the season and he was doing Ramadan. Something is on his mind. maybe he realises being on a six year deal means he's isnt going to get a payrise unless he moves.

Vuckic has been on man-u's radar since for a few years now. clicky. But, they rarely buy players in January.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's had a bad game so he's SHIT!

:lol:

Who? :unsure2:

Cheik!

Think it's only J69 thinks he's shit....and has done for a while.

He said Demba Ba was shit after watching him for 45 minutes as well (against Arsenal).

I think he's been shit this season. There's a difference. And there's not a poster on here who didn't think Ba looked like a cumbersome mess after the first 3 games

Tiote has been very heavy footed in the last two games. It reminds me of the start of the season and he was doing Ramadan. Something is on his mind. maybe he realises being on a six year deal means he's isnt going to get a payrise unless hemoves.

Vuckic has been on man-u's radar since for a few years now. clicky. But, they rarely buy players in January.

Or maybe he's looked "heavy footed" because he was out for several games?

Just a thought.

Cheik!

He said Demba Ba was shit after watching him for 45 minutes as well (against Arsenal).

I think he's been shit this season. There's a difference. And there's not a poster on here who didn't think Ba looked like a cumbersome mess after the first 3 games

Nowt like giving him a chance. Modern day fickle football fan though I suppose.

Cheik!

Whilst I don't think he's shit, he most certainly isn't as "great" as some make him out.

He's by no means shit. He's great at what he does and it's highly important (harrying opponents/breaking down play-we've scarecely ever had that), it's just he's a 'shit' footballer. ie he's not very good with the ball. His pass completion is always good because they're short lay offs once he's gained possession so that stat itself is largely meaningless. It's totally different to trying to make incisive defence splitting passes into space for your forwards to read.

This is why for me if he does go we can't have the mentality it's some sort of irreplaceable loss. The function he performs is what has been shown to be so important to the team and so it's an exercise in making sure we've always got someone/our eye on someone who can perform the same basic role. He's not a natural footballer so that shouldn't be such a mammoth task, he just carries out a highly important defensive function. If he had an attacking side to his game it would be nigh on impossible to replace him (he'd be the 'complete' footballer) but he doesn't. Far from it in fact, for me he could train all week without a ball and probably be quite happy.

your phone's ringing!

• 1 month later...

Bit put up by a Cardiff fan

Loan signing Haris Vuckic from Newcastle did his best to settle the game with his first goal for the club on his home debut. His dodgy boots aside, Vuckic was far more impressive here than his debut against Leicester on Saturday which saw him withdrawn at half time. His vision is excellent and as he adapts to the Championship and finds fitness he looks like a very useful addition to the squad, if only for a short time. Supplied with the ball by Ben Turnerator, he kept his cool to finish a fairly straight forward chance with with ease. I am hopeful we may be able to convince Newcastle to extend the loan until the end of the season, with the Toon flying high in the league possibly limiting the highly rated youngsters chances. Newcastle fans certainly speak of him highly and there were more than enough promising flashes during this game to suggest he could help our push for promotion. He really must sort those boots out, though…

Vuckic goal was not the highlight of his performance however, which was to come in the moments directly after he had made the score 3 – 0. The first ayatollah of any new Cardiff City player is a rite of passage, and Haris was given the honour of this request from the fans shortly after his goal. Unfortunately it appears that nobody had told him what on earth the ayatollah was. The first chant of “Do the ayatollah Vuckic” was met with a cross between a wave and a fist pump, to the amusement of the City faithful. He looked more and more confused with each passing request, until finally the chant of “someone tell him what to do!” broke out from the Canton Stand. Malky himself finally gave Haris the ayatollah lesson he so badly needed, greeted with a cheer so loud that anybody who had nipped off for a half time pint could be excused for thinking it was 4 – 0. With a 4 – 0 half time lead ending 4 – 4 a few seasons ago, most people were probably relieved when Gunnarsson narrowly missed a chance to extend the lead just before half time! As significant as the goals was the withdrawal of Zakuani for Peterborough due to injury, they relied on him strongly in defence and would lose their heads at time without him.