Boxing day match: Bolton - Newcastle

Aeris

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good result. Now the difficult fixtures start again. Ben Arfa will definitely play, he would have even if he hadn't scored today. But hopefully he can put in a couple of good performances in the next few weeks and we can move on from this Ben Arfa on the bench crap with him being an automatic selection every week.

Edit: Come on Villa by the way.

Edited by toonotl

Williamson second most on the ground covered. Impressive return from him, perfect game to come back really. Hasn't convinced me yet but so infinitely better than Perch there's a goal or two saved a game.

Great win today, we weren't brilliant but we adapted and took the three points.

We've got to stop smashing long balls to nowhere.

Great finish from Ben Arfa after some great play btw.

Each match I have to question Pardoo and his decisions and this time it is Perch on for Cabaye when he has Vuckic who shone last week.

And, couldn't he see Williamson was knackered near the end and should have been taken off.

Obertan and Best starting and BenArfa getting 30 minutes in the second half, gimme a break.

I think Hatem made his point. :)

There was another piece of magic that I didn't see get a mention on here, which was how Tiote blocked a clearance with his head, brought it down perfectly, then played Obertan into space for his assist for the second goal. Beautiful.

Good result for all that we struggled through the first half. Hoofball plainly wasn't working and I think Pardew finally came to grips with that. When Ben Arfa came on, he ran right to Cabaye and told him something I'll guess was, "The gaffer says you can start playing football again."

Each match I have to question Pardoo and his decisions and this time it is Perch on for Cabaye when he has Vuckic who shone last week.

And, couldn't he see Williamson was knackered near the end and should have been taken off.

Obertan and Best starting and BenArfa getting 30 minutes in the second half, gimme a break.

pardew will deserve the growing criticism he's been getting on here if best starts ahead of ben arfa next week. hopefully he'll go with form. ben arfa has played his way into the side with a goal. best has played his way to the bench with no goals in 9 games.

annoyingly, obertan now looks like a certain starter after that assist. not that i'll be complaining if he plays lie he did in the second half more often. the thing with lightbulb head is he puts in a good twenty minutes here and there then reverts to type.

I think point 2) answers point 1). I reckon if we had a trusted CB we'd have swapped out Williamson for (say) Kadar. Also Pardew wanted to shut out the rest of the game, bringing more steel in the centre. Perch in centre mid brings that more than Vuckic in terms of defence (I know, I know, but he does). Swapping midfield is also less... disruptive(?) than at the back.

Oh and I laughed hard at this:

this is getten nerf racking now

bolton do look relegation fodder tbf. one of the worst teams we've faced this season

Team shorn of confidence and without two key players all season, I'd imagine they'd bring a few new faces in in the window. I'd not be surprised to see them survive if Holden and Lee are replaced.

Klasnic and Cahill are players I'd have a cheeky look at in January mind.

Lovely Jubbly.

Much needed win and 3 points.

Still think we have a misfiring team and see no real signs of it changing any time soon. Pleased that Ben Arfa got a goal and pleased that Obertan got an assist but overall a lack lustre misfiring display against a shit team.

Main problem is and will remain for me the wings. Until we either get the right personnel or somehow get some attacking consistency from the current incumbents, I think we we will continue to look dis-jointed.

Dreading losing Ba in January :(

Main problem is and will remain for me the wings. Until we either get the right personnel or somehow get some attacking consistency from the current incumbents, I think we we will continue to look dis-jointed.

Two goals from wing play not enough for you?

I know you're a perfect balance of naivity, piss-taking and attention seeking, but I couldn't help myself.

I know you're a perfect balance of naivity, piss-taking and attention seeking, but I couldn't help myself.

He needs a new gimmick. He's overdone the whole anti-Jonas thing.

Two goals today against a very poor team is fine. But that isnt going to change the points already dropped and dropped in the forthcoming games due to lack of chances created from the wings.

He needs a new gimmick. He's overdone the whole anti-Jonas thing.

I did try and temper the comments by saying I hoped that some attacking consistency from the current wingers could be found. Shame you chose to ignore that and revert to type.

We have several weak points in the team, some more important than others. Ben Arfa might prove the answer instead of Best (that needs to be established) however I would be truly surprised if most people dont think we would benefit from some attacking consistency down both wings.

More of what we managed to do today is the answer to our misfiring. (Putting to one side the the trauma that is about to hit us of the ANC).